Wana make sure i dont miss out

Got to the tower but am lost as to what to do next.  Got the sea charts, but Scar tells me nothing.  Found a guy named Mendes in Ulgoths Beard talking bout the sea charts.  Am i spose to go there or is there more at the tower im spose to do?

Comments

• whitefox said:
    Got to the tower but am lost as to what to do next.  Got the sea charts, but Scar tells me nothing.  Found a guy named Mendes in Ulgoths Beard talking bout the sea charts.  Am i spose to go there or is there more at the tower im spose to do?
    Finding the Sea charts at the tower is just an extension of the original quest for Balduran's island. It is a teaser.
    The real quest series of the tower is started by Scar after you have done some of his original tasks, like the Seven Suns or the ogre mage in the sewers. The new tower quests build on/extend the secrets you find during the original quests.
    You will get his orders before he takes you to Duke Eltan. You can see a first glimpse of the upcoming events when you go downstairs in the library where you found the sea charts.
    If you have not received a task from Scar yet it just means you have not advanced far enough in the original main plot yet.
  • Ive got the quest from scar to investigate the tower, and went to the new area south of the water gods temple, stole, talked the the cleric who told me of strange goings on, even pickpocketed the monks and know about there deviouse plot, but im stumped now.  Talked to everyone there, no new dialogue.  Talk to scar..nothing. Went to the inn to try and stop the murder, nothing.  So what am i spose to do now lol.  Im stuck
  • im blind and didnt see the stairs in the tower.  Sorry to have bothered you.
  • edited November 22
    OK I found the room beneath the library and noticed a mage who instantly vanished removing a wall to what i assume is the way down, killed the doppleganger and dog and looted the room, but when I try to follow where the mage went there is no stairs down for me to click on, zooming in shows a ladder down, but when i hover the mouse over it the stairs icon does not appear and I cannot proceed.  It's possible this issue is caused by finding the sea tower pass from the merchant counting house but I doubt it (afterall Scar praised my resourcefulness when I was given the quest).
  • Which chapter are you in?
    Did you already get the invitation for the Ducal Palace?

What does C:Get Global("STO_ScarDoppel","Global") give you?
  • edited November 22
    I'm in Chapter 5, haven't taken out the Iron Throne headquarters yet (Scar gave me this quest to investigate the tower before he takes me to see Duke Eltan)

Incidently i already found invites to the palace on the corpses of the two iron throne thugs who attacked me during Heart of Winter (just after returning from Burial Isle)
  • Artorius said:
    I'm in Chapter 5, haven't taken out the Iron Throne headquarters yet (Scar gave me this quest to investigate the tower before he takes me to see Duke Eltan)
    That is weird.
    Other possibility, the game thinks that Sarevok is dead. Check
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadSarevok","Global")   it should not exist or be 0.

• edited November 22
    C:Get Global("STO_ScarDoppel","Global")  I get 2 for this,

C:Get Global("Sprite_is_DeadSarevok","Global") : Global does not exist as expected

Not sure if you saw my edit to my previous post so incliude it again incase it's relevant:

Incidently i already found invites to the palace on the corpses of the two iron throne thugs who attacked me during Heart of Winter (just after returning from Burial Isle)

• Artorius said:
    C:Get Global("STO_ScarDoppel","Global")  I get 2 for this,

C:Get Global("Sprite_is_DeadSarevok","Global") : Global does not exist as expected

Not sure if you saw my edit to my previous post so incliude it again incase it's relevant:

Oh...here we have the culprit. You have the invitation already.

I have found the bug in Heart of Winter just two days ago (actually it is a timing issue). I have fixed it meanwhile. The thugs and their boss should escape after a verbal confrontation and just leave you some spawns to fight. The option that they stay and can be killed was an issue of one dialogue triggering prior to another one (I fixed that).

If you get rid of the invitation and then go down into that basement room, the real quest should evolve.

• OK I'll try that after I've been to work.
  • edited November 22
    Artorius said:
    OK I'll try that after I've been to work.
    If it works fine, you may revert a few globals because otherwise those thugs (+ the invitation) will be missing in chapter 7. Or - after the quest - you may pick up the invitation from wherever you put it and save some running around.

C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadSlythe","Global",0)
    C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadKrystin","Global",0)
  • Ok I stashed the incriminating letter and invitation behind the painting (the one you find a skull for a sidequest - so I assumed that was a non respawning container) on the second floor of the Three Kegs and was then able to proceed normally, had a conversation with the wizard and was able to get to the next area.   I'll bear those console commands in mind if I need them.

Thanks for your help again.