The Cowled Menace and Twisting with the Rune

Is The Cowled Menace compatible with TwtR?  If so, what should the install order be?

Thankee!

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Endarire said:
    Is The Cowled Menace compatible with TwtR?  If so, what should the install order be?

Thankee!

They are compatible and may even complement each other (content wise). I would install cowled menace first.

Anyhow, be aware that cowled menace is an alpha status mod and has not been worked on for a long time to advance it any further. It appears to be a stalled experiment to me and the part for revisiting BG1 areas may not work at all.
  • Hello. Can I ask you to make a translation-friendly version of this mod? I have almost completely translated this mod into Russian. Thank you in advance.

• Serdrick said:
    Hello. Can I ask you to make a translation-friendly version of this mod? I have almost completely translated this mod into Russian. Thank you in advance.

This was a bit premature because this is a very new release and may still undergo changes. Just to ask, did you play the mod yourself already?

• OK. I understand and keep translating for the future. I have not played mod yet. I’m just picking up mods for my future assembly EET.
  • Serdrick said:
    OK. I understand and keep translating for the future. I have not played mod yet. I’m just picking up mods for my future assembly EET.
    I will traify the mod tomorrow and you can decide what to do. You may just want to use your translation internally first or share it for inclusion. You decide.

• Thank you, I will check everything in the installation of the game and send it to you. If something changes in the texts in the future, it will be easy to correct it in translation.
  • Serdrick said:
    Thank you, I will check everything in the installation of the game and send it to you. If something changes in the texts in the future, it will be easy to correct it in translation.
    Here are the files you probably need.

• I have a question. There are lines IF ~~ THEN REPLY @13 GOTO Clue2 and AddJournalEntry (@13, QUEST) in the Victims.D file. There will probably be a compilation error, because @13 should be different. It may be that the journal entries are assigned different values, for example, instead of @13 there will be @1013. I'm right?

• edited April 2020
    Serdrick said:
    I have a question. There are lines IF ~~ THEN REPLY @13 GOTO Clue2 and AddJournalEntry (@13, QUEST) in the Victims.D file. There will probably be a compilation error, because @13 should be different. It may be that the journal entries are assigned different values, for example, instead of @13 there will be @1013. I'm right?

You are absolutely right.
    I had the false impression that the tool I used to traify would handle already existing tra-references (in fact it does but I forgot to enter the parameter).

I have revised the files accordingly - it affects d-files, baf and tp2 along with the setup-tra.

I attach the complete updated mod.

PS - the mod compiles just fine, that is why I did not see the error. Just the journal entry will be wrong and the same as the dialogue text.

• The archive contains Russian text and a .TP2 file. I a little changed the entry USING ~ TheRune /tra/ Setup-TheRune.tra  to USING ~ TheRune /% s/ Setup-TheRune.tra, since the "tra" directory no longer exists. The mod was tested by installing the game in English and Russian, no problems were found.

• Thank you very much.
    I will update the mod with the new language option.
  • This looks like a great mod. Is there a walkthrough out there somewhere in the collective hive?
  • edited October 27
    This looks like a great mod. Is there a walkthrough out there somewhere in the collective hive?
    There is not really a walkthrough...the mod is not built sequentially. You have a number of encounters depending on how you navigate through BG1 (mostly in the large outdoor areas) and find a number of hints.
    Have some scrolls of turn stone to flesh with you and help petrified people.

In BG City (if you found evidence) you can confront some of the town's well respected mages.
    In SoD you get more when you solve the original game's quest with the petrified people.
    The rest is in BG2 based on the existing plot there.

The Cowled Menace actually starts when Twisting is finished, i.e. in the rune building in Athkatla. That mod's storyline is more linear and will evolve in BG2 (it includes a travel back to BG City at one point.)
  • edited November 16
    I found an abandoned building in the eastern district that will let me enter as I have a rogue stone. I should probably not enter. :)
  • I found an abandoned building in the eastern district that will let me enter as I have a rogue stone. I should probably not enter. :)
    This is from the Cowled Menace mod. You will get a quest for it later in SoA after you finished the Rune in Athkatla. There may be a notice already in BG1 when you get near the building and have a rogue stone but it has no effect yet. Just remember the house for later...(Since this is not my mod, I cannot say if the message is intended this way or not.)

• edited November 17
    Roxanne said:
    I found an abandoned building in the eastern district that will let me enter as I have a rogue stone. I should probably not enter. :)
    This is from the Cowled Menace mod. You will get a quest for it later in SoA after you finished the Rune in Athkatla. There may be a notice already in BG1 when you get near the building and have a rogue stone but it has no effect yet. Just remember the house for later...(Since this is not my mod, I cannot say if the message is intended this way or not.)

Too late. 😊

I had a peek inside. :'( B) :'(

Imoen got her ass handed to her and Corwin will never see Rohma again. :'(

This is why walkthroughs are so useful to people like me that have trouble figuring stuff out.