what does this error mean?

ERROR: error loading [EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa]
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa")
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Comments

• Whoops, I forgot to disable User Account Control before re-trying this. Sorry, I would delete this post if I could.

Thanks for your hard work, Roxanne - I have a feeling you'll read this post :)
  • No, I guess I was wrong. That didn't help. The same errors came up. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • edited November 24
    Check that the archive was downloaded completely.
    The archive (zip-file) is large 284.825.511 Bytes (271MB).
    That unix error normally indicates a missing file.

You can also check in BG2EE if the file EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa exists.

(You can manually download EET again from here https://github.com/Gibberlings3/EET/archive/refs/heads/master.zip.
    Note that when you extract it to BG2EE, you must move all files from within EET-master one level up to be directly in BG2EE.)
  • @Roxanne Thank you, that fixed it!

Something weird, though...
    I restarted EET Installer, imported components list, tested for present mods (all were found). I started installation with 'no download - report missing mods'. While extracting mod archives, it kept flashing red, saying "archive not  found". Here's an example from debug:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extracting archive: C:\BG\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\EE-Mod-Setup-master\EE Mod Downloads\RoseRE-master.zip
    --
    Path = C:\BG\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\EE-Mod-Setup-master\EE Mod Downloads\RoseRE-master.zip
    Type = zip
    Physical Size = 1097143
    Comment = 37e5adadd55f0ebe02ee4be5111ee0a9b213a2c2

Everything is Ok

Folders: 9
    Files: 47
    Size:       1320690
    Compressed: 1097143

C:\BG\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition>
    RoseRE-master.zip was extracted successfully.

>Type = zip
    Archive could not be found.                               
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this normal? It detected all mods were present, so is it just a fluke? Or should I start over? Installation seems okay so far, but I have over 100 mods chosen and I'm worried some might not show up in the finished product.
  • These intermediate flashes mean nothing.
    Just like in the example with the EET archive there is an additional step required for zip files that are downloaded from github repositories. The tool does not find the mod - checks for the extra layer - moves the files into the right hierarchy layer - deletes the garbage. In one of the steps there is a short jitter to red before it re-checks that all is fine now.
    In this sense, the message is a positive sign that all went correctly...
  • Ok, good! Really looking forward to playing this. Thanks again :)