Bag of Holding making me crazy

I bought two bags of holding from a friendly arm traders in BG1 now I have big problems.

The second bag of holding only duplicates the first one so I dropped one of them. Big mistake

Every time I visit the area I dropped the second bag of holding the bag of holding I am carrying empties.

So, I tried to move it to location I never visit. Same thing happens.

I can’t pick it up to remove it with EEKeeper because… Same thing happens.

I’m going to try to empty the bag into a chest then sell them both and then buy back ONLY one. Hopefully this fixes it. But what a pain.

Definitely a bug with holding more than one bag of holding or a trader selling dodgy gear. :)

Comments

• Anyone who uses bags of holdings deserves such punishment...

Yes, that is my personal bias...I hate them. Nobody needs them and they are always buggy. Many scripts still have bugs if items are inside of bags. Not solved until this very day with patch 2.6 and probably never will.
  • Roxanne said:
    Anyone who uses bags of holdings deserves such punishment...

Yes, that is my personal bias...I hate them. Nobody needs them and they are always buggy. Many scripts still have bugs if items are inside of bags. Not solved until this very day with patch 2.6 and probably never will.

B)
  • Is it possible to increase the inventory slots then without bags?

And are scroll cases and gem bags problematic, or just generic bags and bags of holding?
  • Is it possible to increase the inventory slots then without bags?

And are scroll cases and gem bags problematic, or just generic bags and bags of holding?
    The only issue with gems or scrolls I heard about are some that are used in a script or quest. The game detects that the party has an item but cannot execute the action that is planned as long as the item is in the bag. This is rare and can lead to stuttering.

You can use any container (chest, table, shelf) in areas you visit often to store your stuff.

(Note - in my new Travellers mod there is a merchant that appears every ten days in random outside areas - if you sell him stuff, you can always get it back).
    None of the issues with bags is really critical because you can always take things out and continue normal, the things are just annoying.
  • Its only ever bags of holding in my experience. And as Roxanne wrote its never a problem.

I have found if you put Belladonna Flowers from Werewolf Island in a bag of holding you will never get them out again.

Is it possible to increase the inventory slots then without bags?

There is a mod, EET tweaks I think that stacks items like potions, gems and wands upto 80.