Pip and Gods Eye

I never see Pip again after I 1st enter the Forge of (whatever the Dwarf Smith's name is) in Arlax.  

I don't really need whatever equipment he can make but apparently hes crucial for the God's Eye Quest.  How do you ever see Pip again?

Comments

• Do this
    - extract the attached file to BG2EE/override (of the game you use).
    - Go to Westchar and look for the cabin in the NE (East  of the inn), area code RR3310
    - Make sure you have a large shield and/or a full plate mail in the inventory for the gem to be forged on, otherwise there will be no option.

See if that works.
  • edited November 10
    The problem is Pip isn't there even after I extracted that file, I never see him again after the dwarf tells him to clean the latrines.  

Yes I extracted the file... didn't work.   Am I supposed to ever see him again somewhere in Arlax after that scene or not?  
  • edited November 10
    raist33 said:
    The problem is Pip isn't there even after I extracted that file, I never see him again after the dwarf tells him to clean the latrines.  

Yes I extracted the file... didn't work.   Am I supposed to ever see him again somewhere in Arlax after that scene or not?  
    He is supposed to be in Westchar, like I said. But only if you have the gem with you.

Here is another option.
    In Arlax go to the shop in the outside area at about xy position 1470/1040

Enter with console
    C:CreateCreature("grayfot2")
    Maybe, if the dialogue is wrong you also need to set
    C:SetGlobal("YougottheEye","GLOBAL",3)

Note - he will jump to the forge near the compound a bit east of where you are.

• edited November 10
    I don't have the eye (never got the quest for that)...   I have (2) rocks of the Glowing Star.  I've read that giving him the rock is supposed to lead to that quest...

The problem is I NEVER see him after the 1st bit when I 1st go into Brunor's forge.  
  • raist33 said:
    I don't have the eye (never got the quest for that)...   I have (2) rocks of the Glowing Star.  I've read that giving him the rock is supposed to lead to that quest...

The problem is I NEVER see him after the 1st bit when I 1st go into Brunor's forge.  
    I see. You just follow some outdated walkthrough, it seems. All that forging of overpowered items is not in EE. There are enough item forging mods now available in the game that make those old features obsolete.

(There is still a dialogue option in the first meeting where you may get the eye quest, I was misled into thinking that you had that.) If you never got the eye quest then Pip will not show up again.

• So...  do I need the Rocks when I 1st see him to get the quest.   I want the quest so what do I console etc...

I've done the main quest, the journey north, and the return to spirit soaring.  I've also killed the ultima mage in Westchar.  
  • Go to the outdoor smithy that is in the Arlax city area (There is a map symbol Old Smitty for it).
    Console
    C:CreateCreature("grayfot2")

Talk to him, there will be some useless blabla, just go through it until you finish a conversation line.
    Now talk to him again as an old customer and ask about special gems. He should give you the eye quest (just use the options in the dialogue that obviously lead to that.)
  • Yeah that worked, thanks.