EET installs get more complex now that more and diverse mods are available to enhance the basic game. K4thos, the EET author recommended tools for save installs when he started the project. However, original BWS has lost the supporters it had in the past and slowly decayed. This tool is aiming to provide similar functionality to mod EE games in large scale.
The Mod Install Tool is a derivative of Big World Setup (BWS old) which was originally created by dabus. The tool is streamlined to serve EE game installations in a way that is up-to-date and maintainable still. Support for patch 2.5 of the game is included.
While the tool was mainly intended to support EET, it also can be used to mod other EE games as listed below. It was designed with much support and encouragement from Alien aka Alienquake.
- assistance for creating your own customized game with any number of mods
- downloading current versions of the selected mods
- easy mod installation for EET
- compensate failures of major hosting sites
- provide correct install order of mods/components, optimized process for a fast performance
- handle mod and components conflicts and dependencies
- apply interim fixes when needed.
- use players' tested compilations
- save your own compilations for re-use or sharing
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (standalone game)
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (standalone game)
- Enhanced Edition Trilogy EET( BG1:EE + SoD + BG2:EE )
- Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
The install tool allows for free selection of mods by the user, with assistance to solve conflicts and dependencies as well as install order.
Another feature is the use of compilations shared by other players and reflecting their choices but also their experience. Just find a compilation to fit to your expectations and know that others have tested it before.
The database for compilations is a living and growing experience pool, and any BWS-EE user can contribute by providing their weidu.log or BWS.ini file from a successful installation, Details are in the tool's pdf file that is contained in the download.