Some issues regarding my game

edited September 2019 in Need Help with...
Hello!
I'll write about some bugs I found during my current playthrough. Maybe you'll find some informations useful.

Let's start with something I need help with. I think the mod in question is BG1 NPC Project, but I'm not sure. 
When killing all the druids surrounding Beador in Cloakwood Forest, he doesn't stand up but stays on the ground. I also tried healing him, to no avail. 

Then, some other minor bugs that are just minor annoyances or I can avoid switching mods (like in the first case):
- Viconia Revamped: as cleric/assassin, Viconia incorrectly gets 25 thief points per level, and she can't backstab. The backstabe multiplier is correctly displayed in the character info sheet, but in the level-up page a "-1" is displayed". Going to use NPCs Enhanced for everyone to turn her into a cleric/thief, and goodbye to the assassin kit.
- The component "make party members less likely do die irreversibly" from Tweaks Anthology (IIRC), had a funny outcome. My whole party except Imoen got killed, I resuscitated everyone (speaking of that, Roxanne, the game didn't crash when I resuscitated charname in another map.. maybe you did wonders when you updated that notorious tweak  :p) but then I realized that Edwin was.. chunked. I had to open EEKeeper and modify his appearance.
- There are a pair of typos in the description of an overpowered sword for bards only (I don't remember exactly what mod it comes from.. surely from one that introduces rogue-specific items).
- In my game, the Helm of Infravision you get from the assassin in Nashkel is now  Watcher's Helm, but Taerom in Bereghost keeps saying he can update my Helm of Infravision.
- The "Branch of Many Thorns" weapon (don't know what mod introduces it) seems to be quite bugged.. surely one problem is that its "thrown" icon is the same of a +1 sling.

This is all that comes to my mind  :)

Ah, a final question regarding Worldmap. You know if there are any issues with the "revised travel times etc." component? I see that the standard selection (green) is the default one, but don't know if it's for a specific practical reason.

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Beador
    Is Jaheira with you?
    Check C:GetGlobal("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL"), is it at 4

The conversation should be between Jaheira and Beador (involves Khalid if he is there).
    It ends with Jaheira saying:
    "We will try our best, Beador. You stay here and try not to move around too much."

Yes, this is from BG1NPC mod. I have not played this episode for many years, funny that the old bug seems still to be there...

Worldmap
    For mods that have mandatory choices (i.e. you need to specify a choice for the setup to commence) the Install Tool uses a pre-setting because otherwise the installation will stop at the component in question and require a manual input to continue. This pre-selection in most cases is the "standard" or "normal" option so that the user only needs to change something if a different behaviour is wanted. This seems to me the logical thing to do.
    I never used the "revised travel times" in all these years with the game nor did I ever feel a necessity to do so. So, I just do not know what it does and if it works correctly, sorry.

Taerom
    Is this not an issue of the vanilla game? They have all the new item names and descriptions but dialogues were not changed.

Viconia Revamped
    I saw a similar report somewhere else just recently but I cannot remember where it was.
  • Jaheira is with me indeed, but Khalid is not. 
    I checked that variable (both in game and with EEKeeper).. it doesn't exist!
    Have you got any idea? Maybe I should try asking on the BG1NPC forum?

About Taerom.. don't even know what mod (or patch?) introduced item upgrade and what mod (or patch?) changed Helm of Infravision..
  • Check those
    You are in the cloakwood area BG1700
    C:GetGlobal("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL") which would be 3
    You killed the cloakwood druids (all five) attacking Jaheira/Beador

This should set Global("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL") to 1 and she should initiate a dialogue with the player. Afterwards, a cutscene triggers that lets Jaheira heal Beador and they start a conversation.

Where exactly are you stuck?
  • X#JaheiraQuest is 3.

I killed the druids surrounding Beador but nothing happens..
  • edited September 2019
    Blash said:
    X#JaheiraQuest is 3.

I killed the druids surrounding Beador but nothing happens..

PS - Maybe it helps to force that cutscene just in case one of the druids escaped and did not count as dead?

First thing to try
    C:SetGlobal("X#JaheiraHealsB","GLOBAL",1) which should make Jaheira talk to the protagonist and then act on Beador. Maybe you need to force talk her.

If that fails, try
    C:Eval('StartCutScene("X#JABE1")')
  • Hello!

I just found these errors in the log, do you know what they are and what are the consequences?

ADD_WORLDMAP_TBL: 4 areas and 15 links added to worldmap.wmp
    Creating 1 directory
    Options: pixel encoding = BC1/DXT1 (zlib-compressed), halt on errors = disabled, verbosity level = default, decoding quality = 4, encoding quality = 9, convert MBC to MOS, headerless TIS not allowed, jobs = 12
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC007.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC007.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC007.TBC"
    Options: pixel encoding = BC1/DXT1 (zlib-compressed), halt on errors = disabled, verbosity level = default, decoding quality = 4, encoding quality = 9, convert MBC to MOS, headerless TIS not allowed, jobs = 12
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC009.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC009.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC009.TBC"
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC035.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC035.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC035.TBC"
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC037.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC037.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC037.TBC"
  • Is this BGEE or EET - there are different DSotSC mods for the different games?
  • edited January 31
    I found a bug in the latest update of DSotSC for EET mod. It corresponds to your report.

To repair it, simply extract the attached files into BG2EE/override

• edited January 31
    Thanks but I'll wait for the fixing commit on Github and make another install, since I noticed that I don't like the BG1EE UI anymore  :D

Edit: where do I report the bug? Of course the SHS webpage is down.. 
    Is this the version the install tool uses? https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/DSotSC/commits/master
  • Blash said:
    Thanks but I'll wait for the fixing commit on Github and make another install, since I noticed that I don't like the BG1EE UI anymore  :D
    The fixing in the mod may take a long time because the current mod maintainers do not accept bug reports from me. And they do not test EET but just BGT...
    I am right now testing an interim fix inside install tool that may be ready in an hour or so.

• Wonderful, thanks once again!

Can you confirm that the Github page I linked is correct? If yes, I will comment there about the bug, then they will be free to consider the report or not.
  • edited January 31
    Blash said:
    Wonderful, thanks once again!

Can you confirm that the Github page I linked is correct? If yes, I will comment there about the bug, then they will be free to consider the report or not.
    Your link is correct, this is the updated version.
    The issue is with the Tis-files or 4 areas that will not be created DSC007, 009, 035 and 037.
    I had already reports about CtDs when entering the areas and provided a solution but until your report I could not trace the source.
    The issue may not appear in BGT but just in EET. I found it in my own EET game that I installed a few days ago as well and I tested the solution there.

PS - Install Tool now works around it although you will still see the messages you reported. They can now be ignored.

• Glad to have helped  :)
    I don't see any new commit on the install tool Github, is it ok anyway?
  • Blash said:
    Glad to have helped  :)
    I don't see any new commit on the install tool Github, is it ok anyway?
    The missing files are grabbed from fixpack, they are not directly in the tool. I do not mess with the mod itself but deliver the files directly into override if not present there.

• Thanks!

I found another problem, never found before.
    The tool tells me that the "Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider" component of SCS is incompatible with the EET Alternative GUI.

Why is that? I know that the EET Alternative GUI doesn not support the "fine tune" button from SCS, but the difficulty slider we're talking about is the regular one.
    I think that the SCS component simply means that if I select "Tactical" difficulty, the monster groupings will be easier than "Hardcore". But this is fully supported by the EET Alternative GUI, in fact I was always able to install both components before, without any problem.
  • Blash said:
    Thanks!

I found another problem, never found before.
    The tool tells me that the "Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider" component of SCS is incompatible with the EET Alternative GUI.

Why is that? I know that the EET Alternative GUI doesn not support the "fine tune" button from SCS, but the difficulty slider we're talking about is the regular one.
    I think that the SCS component simply means that if I select "Tactical" difficulty, the monster groupings will be easier than "Hardcore". But this is fully supported by the EET Alternative GUI, in fact I was always able to install both components before, without any problem.
    If you are sure this is what you want, you can simply acknowledge the conflict and force the install. There is an option for that when you right-click on the conflict. You may be asked to adjust your click-options in the options menu above the selection tree first.

• PS - If I remember correctly, the issue with the SCS slider and EET GUI was a different one. In order for SCS to apply the changes correctly, the GUI in use must be installed prior SCS. However, the EET GUI needs to be installed later and thus cannot fulfill this requirement. Note that this is from memory and I cannot find the source of that information any longer. (The worst that could happen is that you install both mods and the slider simply does not affect the spawns...)
  • Ah ok, now it's clearer. 

I found another weird problem:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:

Chatty Imoen: The Mod itself (win-chattyimoen-v1.3.zip)
       The Broken Lanthorn: The Mod itself (master.zip)
    *  EET Fixpack: The Mod itself (master.zip)
       BG1 Unfinished Business: The Mod itself (master.zip)
       Isra NPC: The Mod itself (master.zip)
       Crossmod Banter Pack: The Mod itself (master.zip)

*  Cannot proceed installation without this essential mod.

Some files could not be downloaded with the tool. Do you want the tool to try to load the mods again, provide the files yourself (see remarks) or just continue?
    Enter [r]etry, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.

The Github pages are reachable, and I tried many times.. the error persists. Some hours ago everything worked perfectly (apart from Chatty Imoen that always needs to be manually provided).
  • This must be either local or temporary. I just checked and everything works, including Chatty Imoen.
  • edited February 22
    Roxanne said:
    I found a bug in the latest update of DSotSC for EET mod. It corresponds to your report.

To repair it, simply extract the attached files into BG2EE/override

Just finished an install, the error is still there. 
    That's strange because last time, after my report in this topic, it didn't occur.

Creating 1 directory
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC007.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC007.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC007.TBC"
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC009.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC009.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC009.TBC"
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC035.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC035.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC035.TBC"
    Converting TBC -> TIS
    Input: "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC037.TBC", output: "DSotSC\biff\DSC037.tis"
    Error while converting "DSotSC\base\tis\DSC037.TBC"

Reported here: https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/DSotSC/issues/12
  • Questions?

You successfully installed DSotSC?
    In the game, you can go C:MoveToArea("DSC007") without crash?
    You just see this report, somewhere (where?)?
  • edited February 22
    SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC)

MoveToArea was successful, no crash. 

I didn't understand your report question..
    Edit: I mean my report here: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/comment/6825/#Comment_6825

Maybe the interim fix is not working?
    Roxanne said:
    Blash said:
    The fixing in the mod may take a long time because the current mod maintainers do not accept bug reports from me. And they do not test EET but just BGT...
    I am right now testing an interim fix inside install tool that may be ready in an hour or so.

• I am lost. I do not get what you complain about, sorry.

The mod installed.
    The areas work without a crash.
    >>>>my fix worked

You get some meaningless message in a log because the mod maintainers do not care, so what?

My aim is to provide a usable installation, not to remove some other people's garbage code.
  • Well, honestly I wrote here because I didn't know the messages were meaningless.. nevermind
  • Blash said:
    Well, honestly I wrote here because I didn't know the messages were meaningless.. nevermind
    Sorry, I apologize. My tone was rude.

The messages mean that the installation method in the mod itself are still defunct and would cause game crashes. To get rid of them would mean to make changes in the mod itself which I do not apply. Instead the Install Tool puts the correct files into the game by its own means and you can test the success by moving to any of the areas that appear in the error. So in the context of the complete installation process you can ignore them because the failure is compensated by my fix.

Sorry for my behaviour, you are not the one to blame here.

• The situation you described is very clear. What deceived and confused me was the fact that last time I made an install, I didn't find that error. But clearly the error was still there and I simply didn't find it.

No need to apologize really, it was just a misunderstanding and my worship and gratitude towards you can't be compromised so easily :P
  • edited April 18
    Just reporting a little error in a test install for BG1 voices.
    Maybe a missing dependance? Maybe bhxspell.sto is in some other mod I didn't choose this time.

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Fix Boo's Squeak

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      More Interjections

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

C:\EET\00783>
    Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue (Tweaks Anthology) was installed successfully.
    Weapon Animation Tweaks (Tweaks Anthology) was installed successfully.
    Icon Improvements (Tweaks Anthology) was installed successfully.
    Force All Dialogue to Pause Game (Tweaks Anthology) was installed successfully.
    Fix Boo's Squeak (Tweaks Anthology) was installed successfully.

ERROR: Failure("resource [bhxspell.sto] not found for 'COPY'")
    Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names (Tweaks Anthology) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.
  • I have removed bhxspell.sto from the Bone Hill mod just yesterday. It was never used in the game. In fact it belonged to an item that did not exist and it was a spellbook full of scrolls that did not exist either.
    It's (non-existing) content caused problems with another mod that was looking for wrong references.
    So why would Anthology look for it? It would have been a container, that is true, but why would a mod try to tweak non-existing items?
  • PS - I found the issue in CD tweaks.
    Actually it tries to fix exactly the issue in the Bone Hill mod that is now fixed in the mod itself.
    The mistake in tweaks is that it does not look for the existence of the item itself but only for the mod as a whole.
    Go to cdtweaks/lib/unique_containers_fixes.tpa and remove this block:
      COPY_EXISTING ~bhxspell.sto~ ~override~ //X Scrolls
    PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x9b BEGIN

PATCH_FOR_EACH bsp IN ~scrx87~ ~scrx86~ ~scrx85~ ~scrx84~ ~scrx83~ ~scrx82~ ~scrx80~ ~scrx79~ ~scrx78~ ~scrx75~ BEGIN
    PATCH_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%bsp%.itm~ BEGIN
    REMOVE_STORE_ITEM ~%bsp%~
    END
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY
    Make sure that the last END at the bottom of the block stays in, it belongs to the global function.

• PPS -
    I put an interim fix for cdtweaks into Install Tool and launch a Pull Request for the mod on github so they can correct it.