Some notes

Comments

• edited July 7
    Hey Roxanne,
    maybe you are interested in this report:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1082040/#Comment_1082040
  • edited July 9
    1) The Kidnapping of Boo (unfinished bussiness). After getting the hamster back Minsc's portrait gets reduced and even the grey hamster has a double figure

2) Text bug:

• Sergio said:
    1) The Kidnapping of Boo (unfinished bussiness). After getting the hamster back Minsc's portrait gets reduced and even the grey hamster has a double figure

I have recently played UB's Boo episode with v27 RC1 and have not encountered this issue.
    Meanwhile V27 has been upgraded from RC status to regular but nothing has changed in the Boo episode.

This bug may be depending on how you finish the quest with the noble wizardess at the end.
    Did you choose that extra option from the wizardess in the Government district to enhance Boo at the end of the quest? This is where the new files are introduced that have not been updated for EE. (There are new Minsc portraits and Boo bam - check UB/Minsc/items folder).
  • edited July 9
    I've chosen the dark path for Minsc (so I've taken a fake hamster). From that moment I faced the issue.

By the way, I seem to remember that the questpack mod by Simding0 adds a new area to the underdark. Do you know if it's true? And if it is, where do I need to go?
  • Sergio said:
    I've chosen the dark path for Minsc (so I've taken a fake hamster). From that moment I faced the issue.

By the way, I seem to remember that the questpack mod by Simding0 adds a new area to the underdark. Do you know if it's true? And if it is, where do I need to go?
      - Minsc is an oversight in UB. The correct files are in UB/Minsc/itemsEE but you get the ones for classic games instead. And there is no EE update for Boo.

- Ding0's Quest Pack component "Nazariel The Lich", this is in the underdark, you get a hint about some hidden access by overhead text when you are in the Kua Tuo area, the exit to surface area. It is in the south of that area near the regular entrance from the Underdark main area. Last time I played it the end did not work for me (you take the defeated Lich's soul to the surface and it gets rest - this never triggered for me.)
  • - Got it.

- I'm inside the Kua Tuo Area, but I can't find any entrance. I should ask Wisp to add a marker...

• Sergio said:
    - Got it.

- I'm inside the Kua Tuo Area, but I can't find any entrance. I should ask Wisp to add a marker...
    AR2402

• edited July 9
    Thanks really a lot.

I got a question: I killed Bodhi, but I'm not getting the note by Barnard for the final quest of assassination. Do you know what variables I could use to force it to happen?
  • Got a question. I found a dialogue with a text error.

Using Nearinfinity >stringref look > I've found the string.

Now I got that the stringref of the dialogue I'm looking for is 375301, what am I supposed to do to actually detect the mod that has the wrong dialogue?

• Sergio said:
    Got a question. I found a dialogue with a text error.

Using Nearinfinity >stringref look > I've found the string.

Now I got that the stringref of the dialogue I'm looking for is 375301, what am I supposed to do to actually detect the mod that has the wrong dialogue?

In that NI lookup menu there is a button "Find references" and you would select DLG files to be searched. Now it would depend whether it is obvious from the dialogue file which mod it is or if a mod appends to a vanilla file.
  • okay thanks a lot, another question: I killed Bodhi, but I'm not getting the note by Barnard for the final quest of assassination mod. Do you know what variables I could use to force it to happen?

That's the assassination mod I'm referring to: http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=177&Itemid=121
  • Sergio said:
    okay thanks a lot, another question: I killed Bodhi, but I'm not getting the note by Barnard for the final quest of assassination mod. Do you know what variables I could use to force it to happen?

That's the assassination mod I'm referring to: http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=177&Itemid=121
    No. I am not using that mod.
  • Is there a particular reason you're not? I'm curious about your ideas for mods.
  • Sergio said:
    Is there a particular reason you're not? I'm curious about your ideas for mods.
    My idea of evil differs maybe from what the game or some mods imply. Evil is not equivalent to stupid. Running around and killing people is stupid but not necessarily evil. Using the slayer ability is stupid - evil has better ways to win etc...
    Assassinations is just disgusting as is self-justice or the dogma of Helm as shown in the games. Neither my good nor my evil protagonists are paid killers whatever the justification may be.
  • edited July 11
    Got it, thanks for telling me your opinion.

Did you play Tower of Deception? I didn't give the book to the mage and killed him.
    Am I supposed to wait for someone to come or something to happen, or to reach some level to go through (I mean unlock the book)?

• Sergio said:
    Got it, thanks for telling me your opinion.

I've got a question to ask. Did you play Tower of Deception? I didn't give the book to the mage and killed him.

Am I supposed to wait for someone to come or something to happen, or to reach some level to go through (I mean unlock the book)?

The book has no further relevance as far as I remember. However, if you kept the twilight blade AND you have the second (optional) component of the mod installed then you have a violent tactical encounter with that tower owner after your next rest.
    That second encounter is optional and overpowered and nothing I would recommend. Otherwise the quest is finished however you decide to deal with the mage.
  • Thanks really a lot.

By the way, I fought Nezariel the lich and the mod updated correctly when I got out of the underdark. Question: is there any alternative "path" for this component? Can you bring the phylactery to the drows, for example?
  • Sergio said:
    Thanks really a lot.

By the way, I fought Nezariel the lich and the mod updated correctly when I got out of the underdark. Question: is there any alternative "path" for this component? Can you bring the phylactery to the drows, for example?
    The alternatives are to banish the lich to the abyss forever or to take his soul to the surface. You can chose that solution in his dying dialogue. That is all.
  • edited July 11
    All I get, in his final dialogue is:

"it is over, finally.You are capable. Set me free. "

And I tried all four dialogue paths and they all bring you to the same encounter with the same ending. 

Anyway, I'm satisfied ... ;)
  • Sergio said:
    All I get, in his final dialogue is:

"it is over, finally.You are capable. Set me free. "

And I tried all three dialogue paths and they all bring you to the same encounter with the same ending. 

Anyway, I'm satisfied ... ;)
    The availability of some options are depending on alignment and class (paladin) and INT as well. There are configurations where you may only have one option.
  • edited July 12
    Thanks a lot.

1) Any chance you have at your hand a cluaconsole command I could use to make the last quest of assassination start, even if you don't play it? *I had to try, sorry*

2) The component "ulraunt the mage" in ToD should make you face Ulraunt. But... when? Is there a command too to force the encounter to happen?
  • Sergio said:
    Thanks a lot.

1) Any chance you have at your hand a cluaconsole command I could use to make the last quest of assassination start, even if you don't play it? *I had to try, sorry*

2) The component "ulraunt the mage" in ToD should make you face Ulraunt. But... when? Is there a command too to force the encounter to happen?
    1)
    The final task happens in Chapter 6, after Bodhi is killed, or in Chapter 7.
    Talk to Bernard in the Copper Coronet to get another message. Head to the Five
    Flagons Inn in the Bridge District, the last room on the second floor, and meet
    Lynn. Give her your word, or she will leave forever. Meet Lynn's employer.
    Then meet Lynn in the Graveyard District, near the doors that lead upstairs
    (the site of the funeral of Nalia's father). Make sure you kill everyone
    upstairs; when you do, try to exit the district. Watch the arrest and the
    quest's conclusion.

2) From memory - you must have kept the Twilight Blade that was the key in the first component. You have rested in an outside area and he appears.

• 1) Yup, but I'm not getting any note from Barnard, even if I already killed Bodhi. That's why I was looking for a cluaconsole command to force him to have that note.

2) Yup I rested outside and it happened. Thank you.
  • It is this line from Bernard:
    <CHARNAME>! Here is another note for you. I swear I do not know how it ended in my pocket, but it was addressed to you, sure enough.

These conditions
    Global("O#CrLynnSpawn2","GLOBAL",0)
    OR(2)
           Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
           Dead("C6Bodhi")
    Global("O#CrLynnNineQuestsComplete","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("O#CrLynnFinalQuest","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("O#CrLynnBetrayed","GLOBAL",0)
  • Can I just copy these to Cluaconsole and be done with it?

And can I say you are one of the most helpful person I've ever met in this community?
  • It is this line:
    <CHARNAME>! Here is another note for you. I swear I do not know how it ended in my pocket, but it was addressed to you, sure enough.

These conditions
    Global("O#CrLynnSpawn2","GLOBAL",0)
    OR(2)
           Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
           Dead("C6Bodhi")
    Global("O#CrLynnNineQuestsComplete","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("O#CrLynnFinalQuest","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("O#CrLynnBetrayed","GLOBAL",0)
    Sergio said:
    Can I just copy these to Cluaconsole and be done with it?

For Console you need to use e.g.
    C:GetGlobal("O#CrLynnNineQuestsComplete","GLOBAL") and the result should be 1
    or to set it
    C:SetGlobal("O#CrLynnNineQuestsComplete","GLOBAL",1)

Similar for the others, where 0 may give you a "Does not exist" response.
  • edited July 12
    C:GetGlobal("O#CrLynnNineQuestsComplete","GLOBAL") 
    C:GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")

Edit: this one doesn't seem to work: C:GetGlobal("O#CrLynnFinalQuest","GLOBAL")
  • edited July 12
    Sergio said:
    C:GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")

Edit: this one doesn't seem to work: C:GetGlobal("O#CrLynnFinalQuest","GLOBAL")
    What does "doesn't work" mean?

Anyway, you can cheat that quest with
    C:SetGlobal("O#CrLynnSpawn2","GLOBAL",1)
    C:CreateItem("O#CrNot2")
    Then go to Lynn. You will not have a journal entry but so what...
  • edited July 12
    Okay I've done as you suggested.

I go to Lynn,
    go to the cemetery,
    enter right after her and kill everyone,

but... nothing at all happens. What is supposed to happen? Is there any variable I could use? 
  • EET: the fate spirit does not propose me to summon Nalia.

How do I cluaconsole her in? [ToB, of course]

Also I would like to start Reunion with her. Do you know if I can use a command to make it happen?