BG1NPC Project & Kivan Timer

Looking at the .mod readme with BG1NPC project it isn't clear, and G3 is down; does BG1NPC project stop Kivan's quest timer?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    If you mean by that the timer to leave the party if you do not go to bandit camp within some time limit, the answer is yes (same for Minsc with respect to Dynaheir rescue). It is enough to agree to help them.
      /* removing Kivan's timer to leave party */
    COPY_EXISTING ~%KIVAN_BCS%.bcs~ ~override~
    DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~GlobalTimerExpired("Kivan","GLOBAL")~ ~False()~
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
    Personal note - in a modded game (especially EET or BGT) this is the only sensible thing to do. With all the extra stuff that is put into the game a timer to push you to follow a (especially the main) plot is obnoxious.

• Totally agree. Thanks.
  • Out of curiosity, is it the same with xzar and montaron? Are their timer to go to the mines disabled too? That would be great
  • d2freak said:
    Out of curiosity, is it the same with xzar and montaron? Are their timer to go to the mines disabled too? That would be great
    Looks like "no" in my game, although I just checked the code but not played it. Those two never live long enough for the timer to expire they always die in my party before we even reach Beregost.