Tracking Down two mods

Hey everyone, i've been recently faced with two mods in my install that i don't know what i am supposed to do.

One is a mod where i need to find a daughter named susan, The other one is a mod with the npc Jarger Goldbart and his crew in the temple of helm, whom briefly loaded in before disappearing which would mean they don't appear fully until the start of some quest. 

Comments

  • Jarger Goldbart >>> are you playing some non-English language. Maybe he has this name in German(?).
    From the description - is it the temple of Helm in the area of the Ducal Palace? In this case it is part of the Abator quest fom AC-questpack, the one that starts in the Nashkel mines where you find a letter.
  • Edit - Jarger is in deed one of the companions of Wostock from the Abator quest.
    His group goes to the sewers where you find them if you run the quest. Ask the Helm priest about them to learn more.
  • Roxanne said:
    Edit - Jarger is in deed one of the companions of Wostock from the Abator quest.
    His group goes to the sewers where you find them if you run the quest. Ask the Helm priest about them to learn more.

    Don't think i remember the letter in the mines, do you remember what it said and it's location?

    I don't think the priest said anything when i tried talking to him, just his normal stuff.

  • Don't think i remember the letter in the mines, do you remember what it said and it's location?

    I don't think the priest said anything when i tried talking to him, just his normal stuff.
    I think you never started that quest and for that you cannot ask the priest now. The case is cold.
    It starts with finding a letter among Mulhaney's remains that points to a contact in Beregost near the monument. There is a murder at the crossroad sign north of Beregost where you find a journal that mentions Wostock...it is a bigger quest about a cult of evil dwarves and those that fight them.
  • Roxanne said:

    Don't think i remember the letter in the mines, do you remember what it said and it's location?

    I don't think the priest said anything when i tried talking to him, just his normal stuff.
    I think you never started that quest and for that you cannot ask the priest now. The case is cold.
    It starts with finding a letter among Mulhaney's remains that points to a contact in Beregost near the monument. There is a murder at the crossroad sign north of Beregost where you find a journal that mentions Wostock...it is a bigger quest about a cult of evil dwarves and those that fight them.

    Oh yeah, i remember that one. I never did end up going to the monument. Can't i just spawn him in to start it? Furthermore, afterwords can i approach thalynar about the poisoned antidote of sorts? He never did take it despite having it in my inventory, which i assume is because it somehow is tied in with these serpents quest
  • edited December 2018
    There is no way. The guy in Beregost disappears after you did Cloakwood mines and this breaks the quest.
    The poison and tainted ore from the Nashkel mines are another quest, not related at all.

    Maybe you can do this
    C:CreateItem("acqbook1")
    Then talk to the priest and try to find the dwarves in the sewers.
  • Roxanne said:
    There is no way. The guy in Beregost disappears after you did Cloakwood mines and this breaks the quest.
    The poison and tainted ore from the Nashkel mines are another quest, not related at all.

    Oh, well did the mod author at least change that tainted ore quest then? Because i don't think thalanar takes the potion/ore anymore.

  • Maybe you can do this
    C:CreateItem("acqbook1")
    Then talk to the priest and try to find the dwarves in the sewers.<
  • The ore should be brought to Taerom, the smith of Beregost. He will send you to Thalantyr to deliver the poison.
  • Roxanne said:
    The ore should be brought to Taerom, the smith of Beregost. He will send you to Thalantyr to deliver the poison.

    Yeah, i don't think Taerom ever referred me to Thalantyr. He just took some of the ore/antidote and just the quest finished. He never said to meet me back. The only other person i talked about this with was the mayor waaaay back.
  • Am i mistaken?
  • edited December 2018

    Am i mistaken?
    No, I was wrong (or not up-to-date).
    With the 2.5 update, they have included this former mod into the vanilla game but it works differently now.
    You talk to Taerom and he says he knows someone who knows...
    After two days you can go back to him again and learn about the results.
    It seems Thalantyr is no longer involved.

    I am just starting my first 2.5 game today. Up to now I was still using 2.3.67.3 because the update came before I finished my last game. I always play to the end, so I only used 2.5 for installation tests but not to play yet.
  • Roxanne said:

    Am i mistaken?
    No, I was wrong (or not up-to-date).
    With the 2.5 update, they have included this former mod into the vanilla game but it works differently now.
    You talk to Taerom and he says he knows someone who knows...
    After two days you can go back to him again and learn about the results.
    It seems Thalantyr is no longer involved.

    I am just starting my first 2.5 game today. Up to now I was still using 2.3.67.3 because the update came before I finished my last game. I always play to the end, so I only used 2.5 for installation tests but not to play yet.

    Uh, wonder why they changed it. I assume they didn't want more xp for the player at an early point or so.


    UPDATE - Seems spawning the dwarf in the monument in beregost did a decent job to begin with, i am now in the undercellar and the draglon fellow disappeared. I assume i am not to report back with the merry dwarf fellows in helm's temple in BG.
  • Another update, it says i need a key for a werehouse in the southeast district, i don't know where to find this key to begin with. 
  • Go to the temple, ask the dwarves.
  • Roxanne said:
    Go to the temple, ask the dwarves.

    Would but they're kinda MIA again. After one of them confronted me outside the tavern in the northwest section

  • Maybe you can do this
    C:CreateItem("acqbook1")
    Then talk to the priest and try to find the dwarves in the sewers.<
    Roxanne said:
    Go to the temple, ask the dwarves.

    Would but they're kinda MIA again. After one of them confronted me outside the tavern in the northwest section
    I see, so you are already one step ahead and found the clue ro the tavern. Did you encounter the ambush inside on the messenger?
  • Roxanne said:

    Maybe you can do this
    C:CreateItem("acqbook1")
    Then talk to the priest and try to find the dwarves in the sewers.<
    Roxanne said:
    Go to the temple, ask the dwarves.

    Would but they're kinda MIA again. After one of them confronted me outside the tavern in the northwest section
    I see, so you are already one step ahead and found the clue ro the tavern. Did you encounter the ambush inside on the messenger?


    Yeah, i redid the thing and the key spawned, so i assumed i am good to go.

    Maybe for some reason the mod author didn't make the key quest item essential and my cleric which used cold damage entirely destroyed his entire stack of items or so.

    Originally, i went to the tavern as told by wos and his crew, went upstairs and dispacted up the ambush, went out and was told to go to the warehouse in the south district.
  • If you now have Global("ACQ1NASHKELL","GLOBAL",1) it turns to 2 when you enter the warehouse area which is the area of the Blade and Stars inn, and then the warehouse door should be open and you find a further clue inside when searching the desks and shelves.
  • Roxanne said:
    If you now have Global("ACQ1NASHKELL","GLOBAL",1) it turns to 2 when you enter the warehouse area which is the area of the Blade and Stars inn, and then the warehouse door should be open and you find a further clue inside when searching the desks and shelves.

    Yeah, just got that note now that is telling me to enter the mines again. Kinda weird why the key didn't spawn in that tavern way back to get into the werehouse. BG isn't a perfect game it seems, heh.


Sign In or Register to comment.