Dark Horizon Help

Hey, so first let me say happy holiday and a happy new years.

Now, as to this thread.. i am having what seem to be issues with NPCs showing up.

I can't seem to find nikita, checking the houses as per the guide from the website to the west of the smithy in beregost.

I also don't recall running into the red wizards at ulcaster at all, though perhaps i have forgot i'm well into my playthrough. 

I also can't seem to find the encounter with davenport, i am in chapter five and i did the najara encounter ages ago, having her armor.

On a side note, i don't think this part is relevant to the mod but i am on the series of quest finding the talisman, so far i found 4 of them, but i don't know where the fifth is. The note mentioned wood of sharp teeth as something they don't want the taldor folks to get to or so, should i just recheck all those wooded named areas clumped together?

Much appreciated.

Also, they exist as CRE in the files, but for some reason i haven't seen them at all.

Comments

• SPOILER and SPOILER

Dark Horizon
    Starting backwards from your questions:
    Daveport appears on the Coast Way map (BG2800), the one between FAI and Beregost, on the road in the north of the map, after you killed Najara at FAI >> this starts the quest.
    From his corpse you loot a key and a letter, you need these items to open a secret stairway in the house in Beregost, the one west of the smithy. You know it is the right one when you run into a guard from Oversight. Go down the steps in a corner of the side room.
    Nikita first appears when you enter the Oversight main area below the house. Once you survived the encounters and come out of the house again, she will approach you on the street and give you the next riddle that takes place in central Baldur's Gate. She will also ask to join you - but she has no real NPC content, she was planned to be expanded but it never happened until now. There is no need or advantage to take her into the party.

Stone of Askavar
    You received a note about the five medallions from the bard at the carnival.
    Here is where they are:
     - Blueberry Wood (new area on the worldmap near Dryads Fall) on a wizard that attacks you.
    - Area north of Nashkel, southern part of the map, a mount on an island east of the road, it has a cave entrance. Inside another mage who has the badge.
    - a beggar in Beregost in the square by the fountain. You need to run some errands for him to get the item.
    - a girl in a house in the row north of the town square. You must rescue her sister in the area of the temple east of town and then return to her to get your item.
    - Dystra's Watch Tower north of Gullykin (new area on worldmap), the leader inside the tower.
    With all five badges in hand, you go to bandit camp area and search the ruins in the south of the area for a secret entrance. Inside a mage has the stone itself which you return to the quest giver in Beregost.

• edited December 2018
    Red wizards at Ulcaster
    they are from Dark Horizons mod as well. The episode is not connected to the main plot discussed in the previous post.
    They only appear if you found the additional secret levels in the Ulcaster library and fought those ghosts down there.
  • Roxanne said:
    Red wizards at Ulcaster
    they are from Dark Horizons mod as well. The episode is not connected to the main plot discussed in the previous post.
    They only appear if you found the additional secret levels in the Ulcaster library and fought those ghosts down there.

Hey thanks! I'll check it out and see if i get anywhere, now i am trying to find the mage from larswood as i want to get that bonus quest and maybe send the demons back or so. Kinda funny that brother hasadar talked to me even though i didn't return back from candle keep.
  • Roxanne said:
    Red wizards at Ulcaster

Hey thanks! I'll check it out and see if i get anywhere, now i am trying to find the mage from larswood as i want to get that bonus quest and maybe send the demons back or so. Kinda funny that brother hasadar talked to me even though i didn't return back from candle keep.
    The Hasdar extra trigger is a change made by the current maintainer of NTotSC to make the original quests less linear.
    The mage in Larswood is inside the old tower in the south of the area, the entry is a bit hard to find in the bushes.

• edited December 2018
    Roxanne said:
    Roxanne said:
    Red wizards at Ulcaster

The Hasdar extra trigger is a change made by the current maintainer of NTotSC to make the original quests less linear.
    The mage in Larswood is inside the old tower in the south of the area, the entry is a bit hard to find in the bushes.

Can you screen cap the secret image of  the ruins in the bandit camp? I have all talisman and i am inspecting all of the southern ruins with no luck.

EDIT - where are the exact secret levels in ulcaster's library/dungeon?
  • Roxanne said:
    Bandits

Alright, seems i am only have trouble with this one, I have the five talisman and that area still doesn't show up as being able to be entered. 
  • Did you talk to Cerwin that you have all items?
    C:GetGlobal("CearwinQuest","GLOBAL") should be 4 afterwards
    With this and the 5 talismans you get access.
  • Roxanne said:
    Did you talk to Cerwin that you have all items?
    C:GetGlobal("CearwinQuest","GLOBAL") should be 4 afterwards
    With this and the 5 talismans you get access.

Ah, there we go. Thanks roxanne you are a life savior.  I don't know what i'd do without your wisdom.
  • In the oversight estate, i've cleaned out the entire thing however this one locked drawer can't be picked and it doesn't seem that a key is anywhere to be found. It's location is on the bottom floor on the west side. Am i missing something or is it suppose to stay locked?

• In the oversight estate, i've cleaned out the entire thing however this one locked drawer can't be picked and it doesn't seem that a key is anywhere to be found. It's location is on the bottom floor on the west side. Am i missing something or is it suppose to stay locked?
    It has always been like this and it does not contain anything plot related if you look at the code. I think it is an oversight from the original author when the area was made. Just ignore it.
  • Has anyone been able to find the stairs to go to the lower levels of Ulcaster Ruins? Because there is no entrance, I had no idea these lower levels even existed until I came across mention of them on a forum.

I cannot find them for the life of me. I had to console command my way into the lower levels.
  • In the most southern room. Stairs symbol.

• Thanks. Wow that's so small.