Ayla rule the EET (my 2020 campaign)

Comments

• My experience from previous EET playthroughs is that SoD does not make a lot of difference for your BG2 start compared to a modded BG1 like we talk about here.

Especially like in my case, where I mostly use companions in SoD that do either not appear in BG2 or that joined late in BG1. I will probably have Corwin and most likely Safana (who was in my BG1 party for a while but did not gain too much power yet.) I will keep Tamoko, if I can keep her alive long enough. I have not yet decided who else may join, maybe someone turns up whom I am not yet thinking of. (I do not plan my games ahead that much and often just make spontaneous decisions to keep it interesting.)
  • So, SoD do not bring much. Ok, already I did play SoD few times, but never full BG2 in EET (just small part).
    So, for BG2 in EET, with my mod selection (add on that fact that I also have 90% of Quest Mods selected), can I expect notably more XP compard to EET BG1?
    I ask this mostly to choose proper XP reduction and to know what I can expect after it in later stages of game (when heavy encounters start to kick in, be it my or already existing ones). For BG1, it wouldn't hurt to reduce XP more in my case, but I'm afraid not to end up going until end of game and being deprived of higher spells forever.
    Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!
  • oh, I get game running.
    I will try to play roughly same to point where I stopped in this last play
    same as again F/M/C
    50% expirience reduction to fit large install with many mods (but, I belive I really need XP for triple class)
    delayed HLA

but with Subrace mod selected, there is indeed Drow to select for Elf
    there is also Aasimar as subrace for human

should I try it? same as Caelar <3
    only disanventage is 95% expirience income. I belive it not play big role as I anyway reduced XP. but have bonuses to some stats and nice 20% resistance to some elements. and some ability I'm not sure at moment what it is

Aasimar or plain human?
  • Ammanda said:
    oh, I get game running.
    I will try to play roughly same to point where I stopped in this last play
    same as again F/M/C
    50% expirience reduction to fit large install with many mods (but, I belive I really need XP for triple class)
    delayed HLA

but with Subrace mod selected, there is indeed Drow to select for Elf
    there is also Aasimar as subrace for human

should I try it? same as Caelar <3
    only disanventage is 95% expirience income. I belive it not play big role as I anyway reduced XP. but have bonuses to some stats and nice 20% resistance to some elements. and some ability I'm not sure at moment what it is

Aasimar or plain human?
    Try new things.

• did it. Aasimar.
    have now installed some component which enables me to use swords because I'm also Fighter, despite being also Cleric multiclass. so Gift of Mystra is already powerful weapon which I can use with all proficiency bonuses now.
    specialies for now +2 longswords and +2 singleweapon
    maybe at beginning better criticals and +2 AC will help more. at later stage of game lets go to two weapon style. Gift of Mystra, as actually +3 weapon can be of use for long time and it give +1 bonus for off-hand, so I already have idea. 
    lets go further before I fall to sleep :)
  • hm, Ms. Godfrey (Friendly Arm Inn outside) now don't have stuff in black color like bag of holding, gem bag, potions bad, just starndard ones. something I missed in install selection, as in any previous install she had it

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9

I have this in Weidu log, but maybe for her different components was used

nice to after so long again playing game
    I don't think it will take huge time to complete BG1 with all quests around, I remember before it did not took me long time

I will attach Imoen portrait I set for her. it is almost same as one provided in this install, just little more zoomed and much more clear and shard, I would suggest using of this one, in my opinion it is more nice but still same

for Sandrah I see she no longer auto attack. before I did always modify script to shut it off as it was annoying. for me works best simple Standard Attack script with party AI on, when facing weak group of enemies. for harder ones, party AI off and own managment of course

I will try not to post much until I reach stage of game I did it before, unless I run into some change or something new in this install

it is already at proper dimensions

Sandrah alternate portrait (yellow haircolor) is already very nice
  • Hey, that is a nice portrait.  More freckles are always welcome (maybe not on half-orcs).

Do you use the SCS player AI ever?  I think they do a good job with those.  I usually still micro manage those depending on what I'm facing.  A common example is if I have one tank, who really is a melee bruiser, I don't want that NPC or PC to charge forward before all my missile users get off a few shots first, or before I can get off an AoE spell.  Don't want your party member racing forward with Boots of Speed, only to get hit with your own party's fireball or cone of cold.  
  • Ms. Godfrey (Friendly Arm Inn outside) is from the Dark Horizons mod, like those others in the area. Not sure that Tweaks Anthology deals with them at all.
    The EE version of DH has not been changed for a long time.
  • LichDiet said:
    Hey, that is a nice portrait.  More freckles are always welcome (maybe not on half-orcs).

Do you use the SCS player AI ever?  I think they do a good job with those.  I usually still micro manage those depending on what I'm facing.  A common example is if I have one tank, who really is a melee bruiser, I don't want that NPC or PC to charge forward before all my missile users get off a few shots first, or before I can get off an AoE spell.  Don't want your party member racing forward with Boots of Speed, only to get hit with your own party's fireball or cone of cold.  

Seems everything harder that before, every possible enemy spellcaster seems scripted and you can't interrupt spell, and spam it like crazy. not to mention various spell, some of which is high damage for low level party which is usually insta-kill or various disabling spells
    could it be that SCS made things harder for higher difficulty? as I'm on Insane. but I like it. definitely spellcasting is more aggressive and more dangerous spells are used, while you have still no spells to protect and counter

no I never use any scripts for my party. just as I said already, micro is always best. for easy enemies simple attack script is ok

I will exactly note how much Boots of Speed you get and where. one stylish are in Naskhel, I remember that. for my style of play, very useful to have
  • Roxanne said:
    Ms. Godfrey (Friendly Arm Inn outside) is from the Dark Horizons mod, like those others in the area. Not sure that Tweaks Anthology deals with them at all.
    The EE version of DH has not been changed for a long time.

I posted that from Weidu log as I remember before, when I asked how to get more different bags and such stuff you suggested exotic items pack (I'm almost sure I recall that). sure I deselected something, as always before I had it. not game breaking but good to know
  • Ammanda, 
    This SCS component may cause spell casters to toughen up their defenses just before a fight, based on your difficulty setting - it is noticeable when you play: 

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: 33.7

This includes regular mages, clerics, ogre mages and all those sorts of spell chuckers.

• LichDiet said:
    Ammanda, 
    This SCS component may cause spell casters to toughen up their defenses just before a fight, based on your difficulty setting - it is noticeable when you play: 

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider: 33.7

This includes regular mages, clerics, ogre mages and all those sorts of spell chuckers.

nobody can stand in my way <3
  • Go get 'em tiger! :D
  • LichDiet said:
    Go get 'em tiger! :D

I have installed exactly that component you mentioned from SCS. as I told you, it is hard when you are low level, low HP, no protections. you can't interrupt enemy spellcasting, usually there is also Dispel/Remove magic which is going to work on you, spells which are also insta-kill at this stage, and number of disabling spells from which you have no means to protect.
    but slowly, we are getting grip. already cleread much areas, get few level ups. items for saving throws are starting to be ours, which helps. soon we will be getting also cleric spells which finally counters some spells
    killed also warriors of Talos - I think they are part of Sandrah mod. at area where is bridge/entrance to BG City. these are also heavy, and do level drain with spell. we had just one Negative Plane Protection, from Sandrah, but it was enough, so I tricked them to waste their initial spells on one of our party who is under protection.

my style of play and fight, just as before, is strong combo of fighter/mage. now by fighter you don't nessesary have to assume fighter class, actually anyone who is able to have high DPS by weapons. mage part is, at beginning, mostly for own defenses (later, of course, various spell removal spells and Breach), and it is low level, but great spells, like - Mirror Image (improve with level up), Blur, both level 2 and now available to us.
    following later by Ghost Armor, and later by Stoneskin. every of these stacks nicely.
    later in game, once you get Spell Immunity:Abjuration, and Spell Shield, you protect your protections much more. again later, start PfMW.
    combine it with "fighter", and even cleric buffs and specific protections, you get unstoppable. 
    Haste is also one of pillars of this kind of play, at beginning we was using potions, now we get access to Haste via Sandrah (specific for her, as part of her cleric spells), in some time also rest of party will be able to use it.
    in later stages of game, not need to say, Improved Haste is one of main pillars of this style.
    movement speed of course helps. in modded EET like my, you get plenty of boots of speed even in BG1.
    first we get now, are merchants at FAI, right side, dwarf seller. boots with claim increased movement, and +1AC bonus, are +12 to movement speed (ordinary boots of speed are +200%). this is first one we get
    seems like component for slowing reputation increase finally now works. for long we was on starting 11 reputation, completed number of quests which can give reputation, but gained none. we paid some to temple to get increase to 15, and with some quests later, get to 17. helps with prices.
    also use level 1 mage spell Friends (boost charisma), helps really with prices.

usually by CRTL+M on item which is on ground, on or creature, I can get info for NI, and can check now from which mod they are. I want to know, for my future plays and to get better knoweledge overall of it.
    and good that we can share what we know so players can pick, or skip something, depending who wants what.

weidu changelog for this boots :

Mods affecting CMTBT02.ITM:
    00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~BGEEARWE/SETUP-BGEEARWE.TP2~ 0 0 // TeamBG's Armours for EET3.2

• @Roxanne

there is also, compared to before, even more new items for sale available, unique ones. I remember selecting some new mods this time for such

for different apperance of container items, it is not only Ms. Godfrey who now don't have it (have only classic ones). also mage at High Hedge don't have it, and he had it before. so it seems to be affected by some other mod.
    probably not 
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9

as I have these in Weidu log now
    best way for me is to check on another SSD, there I have 2.5 old install which had it in game. I will tell you once I check

but question now - I get this two letters, one from dead Mutamin, one from random encounter, killed someone who attacked us and found another letter
    seems quest related. never seen it before. are you familiar with them?
    also in journal quest about Mutamin is still open despite he is dead

• Yeah, new mods and items are fun to try and keeps the game fresh.  I've seen those boots before, and that mod that introduces them has quite a few items, which are slightly on the OP side, so just be aware that the game balance can swing too far in your favor, and too early.  I have taken the time to edit some of that mod's items to scale back their power, or change to something not offered by other similar items in the original game or by other mods.  I enjoy doing that, as I mod the modder's mod - hah.

I think that letter above, the first one, is from Twisting with the Rune, which I am playing for the first time as well.  The second one I'm not familiar with, and don't know who "R" is.  Mystery at the moment.  Are you playing with Minsc in the party?
  • Both letters are from Twisting With The Rune.
    Prior to entering BG City you may have random encounters and find some evidence (look out for petrified statues).
    The mod is as hidden as the organisation it deals with and just evolves along your game story. You may find the right lines to ask the right people later on.
  • Thanks Roxanne, I'll watch for the clues.
  • Roxanne said:
    Both letters are from Twisting With The Rune.
    Prior to entering BG City you may have random encounters and find some evidence (look out for petrified statues).
    The mod is as hidden as the organisation it deals with and just evolves along your game story. You may find the right lines to ask the right people later on.

thank you. need info not to miss something, this is fully new for me
    so before BG city as I understand, except random encounters I should not miss anything

so far, except this and some added items from standard sellers, I did not notice changes compared to before. but still at beginning

speaking of old stuff, now it is revealed Sandrah is Elminster daughter, so I except Landrel to appear (about one time real hour?). started from that moment to move slowly, and if enter new area, keep for some time to not miss him
  • LichDiet said:
    Yeah, new mods and items are fun to try and keeps the game fresh.  I've seen those boots before, and that mod that introduces them has quite a few items, which are slightly on the OP side, so just be aware that the game balance can swing too far in your favor, and too early.  I have taken the time to edit some of that mod's items to scale back their power, or change to something not offered by other similar items in the original game or by other mods.  I enjoy doing that, as I mod the modder's mod - hah.

I think that letter above, the first one, is from Twisting with the Rune, which I am playing for the first time as well.  The second one I'm not familiar with, and don't know who "R" is.  Mystery at the moment.  Are you playing with Minsc in the party?

plain looking at items would indeed say they are OP and not for BG1. but with all these mods which adds content, enemies, SCS and such, Insane difficulty, not OP at all. game simply switch to different level of play, and I like it more than vanilla.
    setting XP at 50% helps there to balance pretty much. 

today I get to Naskhel Carnival and fight against druids in forest. not only they again have spells I can not counter at this stage, it took more than real time minute for one of them to kill him with party of 5 (and everyone is very good equipped, and used Sandrah ring for Improved Haste for her), had all time to retreat wounded party member and heal him/her (double damage from Insane is turned off). had to kick him non stop. so there is no any favour on my side, it is opposite.

of course, once we level up more later, for example guards at mines are going to be like goblins, AI script on and GG. but all mods added content seems to require better equipment.

I personally like more to have sa best as I cound get items, but to have harder enemies. more fun to play more advanced battles, instead of weak items and weak enemies.

still did not meet Minsc. have Khalid and Jaheira at moment. I may also be giving chance to some new NPCs to see if they bring something new into game.

Roxanne told me before that you can't have Minsc for late game in BG2, in Sandrah mod. pity, I planned to invest in him and raly on him (I will still play him for sure, but not going to investing books for stats for NPCs who is going to leave you). so I have no idea for party. may be switching NPCs all time. only Imoen and Sandrah for now is full time party. there will be Corwin later in BG1.
    hard to know who to pick for whole game, as many of them get dead or leave you later.
  • I'm also going to use a number of new NPCs on this run,  In SoA, I'll try and keep at least three that will go to ToB,  Many of the NPC mods have additional quest content, so you have to recruit them to try the quests of course.  I'm trying to break my usual habits and "default" game play on this run, and change it up for new challenges, even if I know it won't be the best possible party composition.  
  • LichDiet said:
    I'm also going to use a number of new NPCs on this run,  In SoA, I'll try and keep at least three that will go to ToB,  Many of the NPC mods have additional quest content, so you have to recruit them to try the quests of course.  I'm trying to break my usual habits and "default" game play on this run, and change it up for new challenges, even if I know it won't be the best possible party composition.  
    I am sure that experienced players like the two of you will have no problem beating even a highly modded game with any party you assemble. For myself, I have long given up to compose my party according to class or such (a thief should be there, that is my only requirement, even though it is not essential, it is convenient). I am more interested in NPCs that bring interesting content and quests.
    Also, I no longer "invest" in NPCs because I rotate them a lot, I easily part from those whose stories I finished.
    But all of that is after the n'th playthrough...

• edited July 25
    Gotta' have a thief, at least for some of the time. Somehow, no matter what, I'm sure to have Jan in my party for a bit of the campaign.  That little turnip is my favorite scoundrel. I tried the Amber Mod, the tiefling F/T, and that was pretty good.  There are many NPC mods with rogues to choose from.  And come to think of it - Yoshimo hasn't been in my party since I played the original SoA.  Hmmmm....

Have you a recommendation for a good thief/bard NPC mod Roxanne?  I trust your nose for a good story and bug free play.
  • hard without thief. and maybe you run in some rare traps which don't deactivate when triggered, but continue to fire :)
    I did SoA/ToB play but years ago, not EET, vanilla game. used Hexat as I recall (Yoshimo in distant past play). so I will have same question once I get into BG2
    Safana in BG2 mod was in conflict with some other mod, so I had to remove it from install

for my play now in BG1, I invested much into Imoen lockpick and find traps, not in steal
    for Safana (still in party, probably soon will be kicked, at least for some time) I did opposite, invested all in steal. but did steal only Algernon's cloak so far. is there anything else in BG1 worth stealing? as I have chance to do it with steal about 145 (can always be boosted with items and potions also if needed)

sorry for making questions always, but it is good to have info here, as it is preserved and can serve anyone including me in future plays

also, it will not took much time until I get to SoD. which thief there? I guess Safana as I play now as F/M/C. but does she keep stats from BG1 or start as new character (can be set with EEKeeper in moments anyway) ??
    maybe I should level up her in BG1 once more, have very bad lockpick and find traps (but as I intend to keep earned items through whole game, and EET game allows you that without any cheating), items for boosting these stats will help so it may be enough for SoD.

I planned to keep her for short, but you know what happened? I have whole day BG running on PC, but I'm just part of time on PC, in meantime game is running paused. so timers expire and trigger even more talk between NPC. plus I accelerated it in install. it seems it never going to deplete. some was saying Sandrah talk to much? not true at all, these talk much more. and it is fun :)
    especially Safana - Khalid :P 

finished now also complete Ulcaster + mod added area, for ton of money and two books for boosting stats. now finally I'm not in money shortage. I will equip Safana better and keep her for some more time exploring some areas around for more fun and one more level up.
    at added area in Ulcaster dungeon, you find ring for mages, which is 1-5 spells doubled and 20% magic resistance, very powerful item. but trust me, once you get for example into Orc Shamans (NTOSC) you never have enough Breach.

chance will be given to many NPC, from mods and also vanilla ones, everyone will get some time and chance, there will be also Minsc and his companion, Corwin, Isra, and however else I get idea to try.

Lich - for me, this install and play seems just fine balance, not OP anything. actually having problems in many battles. but I like that. it is interesting when you have to figure out something more to win.

Roxanne - maybe you get impression that I only want fight and challenge, but that is not true. I like that of course, but just as you I like party and NPC interaction, relations, added quests and content. best thing to enjoy game, relax, and have a nice time.
    and game offers you all of that at same time
  • LichDiet said:
    Gotta' have a thief, at least for some of the time. Somehow, no matter what, I'm sure to have Jan in my party for a bit of the campaign.  That little turnip is my favorite scoundrel. I tried the Amber Mod, the tiefling F/T, and that was pretty good.  There are many NPC mods with rogues to choose from.  And come to think of it - Yoshimo hasn't been in my party since I played the original SoA.  Hmmmm....

Have you a recommendation for a good thief/bard NPC mod Roxanne?  I trust your nose for a good story and bug free play.
    I am not the right person to ask...too biased.

Since for story I always have Imoen as mage from the beginning, I take Jen'lig for thief in BG1 most of the time.
    I take Safana in SoD.
    In Chateau Irenicus I pick up Silver Star, she is available pretty early and has a good story (Mod NPC). In my current playthrough I have her replaced with Safana after a while (from Safana in Amn mod) but that is more for test purpose. Silver Star is already very well tested and I think this is a completed mod to stay as it is.
    In ToB there is Jen'lig again who returns from her (failed) mission on her home plane.

This may be just my personal taste but I do not like any of the original thieves except for Safana. Another option I tried in the past was to have my player character with the abilities - my main character does not need to be necessarily the "star" character as long as he/she leads the party well.

• edited July 26
    Ok, I will make a note of Silver Star and Jen'lig for a later try.  I almost never make my PC a thief, but that is always an option.  Imoen in the party after BG/SoD is always a conundrum for, me.  Should I keep her into ToB after the rescue, or just let her go and stay away from my toxic Bhaalspawn path? 

I've refused to take her in the party in Spellhold (and kind of feel bad about it), but as you said earlier, having played this game multiple times over the years - you need to move on from the usual party loyalties and just play new options. 

As a note, I actually haven't been playing BG much at all in the last decades.  After playing a bunch of original version campaigns from 2000-04, I really was finished with the game for good (so I thought). 

I didn't touch it again until I decided to try the EE version in 2018 or so.  It isn't like I played this game for 20 years in a row.  And even in the beginning I never really tried mods, until about a year into EE.  So there is a bit of interest still in me at the moment, and I'm having a good time with all the new content.  I'm really grateful for the BEW site you built and keep alive.
  • I will also post my expirience now, so maybe you find use of it. for thief plan is next
    - Imoen - BG1
    - Safana most probably - SoD. she is now leveled up, have 50 lockpicks and 50 find traps. not much, but give her any item which raise Dex (which you can get in BG1 in my install without problem) and these skills already get small boost. also I mentioned, there is rings and girdle which boost these skills, so she will be fine for SoD
    - BG2, prior to Imoen rescue (and I have no idea at which stage I will assault Spellhold, because there may be number of mods and quests which may be available only prior to Spellhold - for this I just guess and speculate, as I did not play much of BG2 with EET - so once I reach that stage I will have to seek advice) I will pick someone, still to early to think about it. also depends which NPC mods I now installed.
    - after Imoen rescue, I plan to keep her for rest of game. as thief she is already great and can only get better. because I allowed in my install things which original game don't allow, such as stacking some items, and un-nerfer Thac0 progression (but with reduced XP, who knows when we are going to take adventage of it). anyway, as I already write, she can be "fighter"/mage in my vision

I made much progress now, also yesterday, get first piece of cloth and Diary of Rasheman scout.
    now I will read my posts from last year to see which route I did take at this stage and which quests I pursued.
    Playing now 6 party all time for more fair XP distribution, and for party interaction.
    Safana will now have to wait, someone else will be added.
    aslo Khalid and Jaheira may get replaced with Minsc and his witch (have to anyway, for second piece of cloth).

I notice there is some added content compared to before, not huge, but some.

items upgrades are always nice for me. for now mage at High Hedge is doing best work with it, but also dwarf inside FAI can do some good upgrades.
    already upgraded Gauntlets, and Girdle (combination of all of 3 girdles). I can tell you more details if you wish.
    but one tip if anyone want to have upgrades - keep items which are containers and keep your gems, potions, scrolls, usually many of them are needed for item upgrade.

completed also yesteray quest for Elminster, returned shard. I see portraits are now changed and replaced with better and higher quality ones, nice move.

Sandrah item - Parcel from Elminster, which is magic box, can be sold for more than 100000 gold. I did not do it, but I write to warn Roxanne.

slowly, we are getting stronger. when prebuffing party, always check spell duration. some spells have fixed duration, some very long, some short (which increase with levels, so when you are low level duration is bad). frustation when you realise you are just about to end prebuffing and fist buff is expiring already :)
    and, best check in NI to see if spell or item (especially items from mods) match description. in many cases there is misses.

so I additinally explore areas, to see if something is added.
    now I will start with team rotation
    could try at least for some time some of them
    thief from Roxanne (non-human) in FAI
    some sorceress or mage, cowled wizards, in Naskhel
    Viconia for some time sure
    Corwin once we get in BG1 and she is probably going to stay until end
    Kivan also, can be good as archer and fighter both. but I think if I pick him now, he would force us to Bandit Camp, maybe it is better to get him later
    there was also some girl, (rose?) in tavern in Beregost.
    anyway lets give everyone a try
    6 party all time for now

6 slots (or 5, as you alwasy occupy one) is not enough :)
  • Wow, that is a great recap Ammanda.  I love reading your "journal" diary stuff.  I had to laugh at the pre-buffing frustration, when the spell you cast at the beginning of buffing expires just as you commit to combat.  I know exactly how you feel. 

I added a sort of "Cromwell" kind of weapons smith for later in my campaign, which will be in the Promenade in Athkatla when I get to that stage of the game.  It is a new mod I haven't tried before.  This mod will force me hold on to various components and items (in a bag of holding of course), in case something is needed to reforge or create a upgraded item.

I noticed another strange thing when I was looking in NI.  BOOT09.ITM, which I believe used to be called Boots of Hastened Departure or something like that, has been sort of deleted.  It is still in the files, but the description is missing.  Originally, I think you could find this item from some vengeful crazy guy in Brynnlaw, just before you go to Spell Hold.  That is where I found it on my last campaign.  Is it OK in your modded game?
  • LichDiet said:
    Ok, I will make a note of Silver Star and Jen'lig for a later try.  I almost never make my PC a thief, but that is always an option.  Imoen in the party after BG/SoD is always a conundrum for, me.  Should I keep her into ToB after the rescue, or just let her go and stay away from my toxic Bhaalspawn path? 

I've refused to take her in the party in Spellhold (and kind of feel bad about it), but as you said earlier, having played this game multiple times over the years - you need to move on from the usual party loyalties and just play new options. 

As a note, I actually haven't been playing BG much at all in the last decades.  After playing a bunch of original version campaigns from 2000-04, I really was finished with the game for good (so I thought). 

I didn't touch it again until I decided to try the EE version in 2018 or so.  It isn't like I played this game for 20 years in a row.  And even in the beginning I never really tried mods, until about a year into EE.  So there is a bit of interest still in me at the moment, and I'm having a good time with all the new content.  I'm really grateful for the BEW site you built and keep alive.
    Some of the things about Imoen I have tried to put into my mods (I cannot be judge if that was done successfully) is to let her appear stronger and more independent in character. When you rescue her in Spellhold you should not think of her as a little sister to protect anymore but feel okay about letting her go home on her own. In the Sandrah mod she will later on (after ToB) appear as an authority in the Realms and very much her own personality by then.
  • Ammanda said:
    I will also post my expirience now, so maybe you find use of it. for thief plan is next
    - Imoen - BG1
    - Safana most probably - SoD. she is now leveled up, have 50 lockpicks and 50 find traps. not much, but give her any item which raise Dex (which you can get in BG1 in my install without problem) and these skills already get small boost. also I mentioned, there is rings and girdle which boost these skills, so she will be fine for SoD
    - BG2, prior to Imoen rescue (and I have no idea at which stage I will assault Spellhold, because there may be number of mods and quests which may be available only prior to Spellhold - for this I just guess and speculate, as I did not play much of BG2 with EET - so once I reach that stage I will have to seek advice) I will pick someone, still to early to think about it. also depends which NPC mods I now installed.
    - after Imoen rescue, I plan to keep her for rest of game. as thief she is already great and can only get better. because I allowed in my install things which original game don't allow, such as stacking some items, and un-nerfer Thac0 progression (but with reduced XP, who knows when we are going to take adventage of it). anyway, as I already write, she can be "fighter"/mage in my vision

I made much progress now, also yesterday, get first piece of cloth and Diary of Rasheman scout.
    now I will read my posts from last year to see which route I did take at this stage and which quests I pursued.
    Playing now 6 party all time for more fair XP distribution, and for party interaction.
    Safana will now have to wait, someone else will be added.
    aslo Khalid and Jaheira may get replaced with Minsc and his witch (have to anyway, for second piece of cloth).

I notice there is some added content compared to before, not huge, but some.

items upgrades are always nice for me. for now mage at High Hedge is doing best work with it, but also dwarf inside FAI can do some good upgrades.
    already upgraded Gauntlets, and Girdle (combination of all of 3 girdles). I can tell you more details if you wish.
    but one tip if anyone want to have upgrades - keep items which are containers and keep your gems, potions, scrolls, usually many of them are needed for item upgrade.

completed also yesteray quest for Elminster, returned shard. I see portraits are now changed and replaced with better and higher quality ones, nice move.

Sandrah item - Parcel from Elminster, which is magic box, can be sold for more than 100000 gold. I did not do it, but I write to warn Roxanne.

slowly, we are getting stronger. when prebuffing party, always check spell duration. some spells have fixed duration, some very long, some short (which increase with levels, so when you are low level duration is bad). frustation when you realise you are just about to end prebuffing and fist buff is expiring already :)
    and, best check in NI to see if spell or item (especially items from mods) match description. in many cases there is misses.

so I additinally explore areas, to see if something is added.
    now I will start with team rotation
    could try at least for some time some of them
    thief from Roxanne (non-human) in FAI
    some sorceress or mage, cowled wizards, in Naskhel
    Viconia for some time sure
    Corwin once we get in BG1 and she is probably going to stay until end
    Kivan also, can be good as archer and fighter both. but I think if I pick him now, he would force us to Bandit Camp, maybe it is better to get him later
    there was also some girl, (rose?) in tavern in Beregost.
    anyway lets give everyone a try
    6 party all time for now

6 slots (or 5, as you alwasy occupy one) is not enough :)

The cowled wizard in Nashkel is Valerie. A mod NPC that is very well written although she has no quest or so, just banters. She is a BG1 character only and no content beyond that has ever been developed, which might have become interesting if you came to Amn.

Rose in Beregost is another largely unfinished mod. She has a few banters and a small encounter related to Silke. After that, she is only interesting if you want a bard in your party.

Tenya (mod extension) has more content and some small quests - again, she is only for the BG1 part but not uninteresting.