EET and Patch 2.5

124»

Comments

• edited August 2018
    @Roxanne and @Shin - thank you!  I will check the WeiDU logs.
    And here it is right in the SCS readme file :)

It's random, so if you need that extra point (or don't) you can reload to fix it :P

Reduced reputation increase

In general, if you're playing a half-way honorable character in BG2, your reputation fairly rapidly reaches 20 and stays there. The idea of this component is to slow down the rate at which you gain reputation: you can choose the degree of slowdown.

In more detail: any time you would have gained 2 or more reputation points, you gain one fewer point than you should have. Any time you would have gained one, it's decided at random whether you actually do gain it, according to the probability you choose at install time.

• K4thos has published RC11 of the EET mod.
    It is now compliant with the complete patch 2.5.

(If you use EET Install Tool for a new installation, there is nothing to do, it automatically uses the updated version.)
    Remember that already installed games are not affected by those updates anyway.
  • Important
    With the EET RC11 udate, the mod expects that BOTH original base games are patched to v2.5.
    For a new installation it is recommended to wait until your BGEE/SoD is updated. Otherwise you will get some errors for missing files, see http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/comment/789/#Comment_789.
  • After more users have had the chance to play EET with version 2.5, some more issues have been found during game play:

1. Bandit Camp chapter transition.
    2. Marek Cure
    3. BG1 to SoD transition
    While EET is still awaiting official and thoroughly tested solutions for those issues, there are hotfixes for all 3 of them provided for users of Install Tool.

In case you encounter one of the above issues because you already installed your current game earlier, you can download and install this https://github.com/EE-Mod-Setup/EET_Fixpack/archive/master.zip
    If you install the fixes on an ongoing game, you need to go back to a save from before you enter the area where the event occurs, e.g. prior entering the main bandit camp or before you enter the temple to fight Sarevok.
  • Further fix:
    Thalantyr mod interaction - Version 2.5 tried to *improve* the mage by adding a trigger that lets the full dialogue only happen once and directly opens his shop on subsequent visits. Downside is that 10+ mods use the original 20 year old dialogue and they all fail with the new code (e.g. several questpacks, item upgrade,etc). You get stuck in some quests as the Thalantyr response options will never show.
    I have added a fix into EET-fixpack to restore mod compatibility at the cost that you get the original Thalantyr welcome back again.
  • edited October 2018
    Further fix:
    Thalantyr mod interaction - Version 2.5 tried to *improve* the mage by adding a trigger that lets the full dialogue only happen once and directly opens his shop on subsequent visits. Downside is that 10+ mods use the original 20 year old dialogue and they all fail with the new code (e.g. several questpacks, item upgrade,etc).

Sorry, no fix for BGEE because there is nothing like a "BGEE-Fixpack" as long as the game is maintained by the supplier. Go and complain there.

Suggested workaround if you play with mods in BGEE that make use of Thalantyr.
    Add this to the bottom of ar3202.bcs:
    IF
    Global("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",1)
    Delay(12)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("RumorTalkThalan","GLOBAL",0)
    END

• Hello

that is a rela pity!
    I use the Thalantyr upgrade mod, now it wont work anymore ;-(
    Can something be done to correct that in a running (save)game ?
    (that would be BG3202.bcs then in EET)

• Lundar said:
    Hello

that is a rela pity!
    I use the Thalantyr upgrade mod, now it wont work anymore ;-(
    Can something be done to correct that in a running (save)game ?
    (that would be BG3202.bcs then in EET)

Either add the above code to the end of BG3202.bcs with Near Infinity
    OR
    Check C:GetGlobal("RumorTalkTalan","Global") before talking to him and if it is set at 1 just set it back to 0.
  • Thnx for your fast reply!

adding the code in the bcs-file doesnt work (seems that needs a new game)
    But setting the global works fine!
    Must simply remember to do this always before talking to Thalantyr!

You saved my game once again!

Thnx again!

• edited October 2018

Lundar said:
    Thnx for your fast reply!

adding the code in the bcs-file doesnt work (seems that needs a new game)
    But setting the global works fine!
    Must simply remember to do this always before talking to Thalantyr!

You saved my game once again!

Thnx again!

Wait - putting the code in BCS should work? You need no new game for this because only the bcs-file name is stored in the save but not its content.
    If you do this in NI you need to *compile* your change and then *save* (with the two buttons in the respective menu.) Also, you need to leave the game prior to applying the change and reload after you are done.

The issue affects many mods beside item upgrade because the dialogue state is the logical point for mods to add to Thalatyr. It is also used by AC-quest, BGQE, Sandrah, BG1NPCs and others. So if you find something missing with his dialog, it may just be the same reason.

PS - Note that the code uses Delay(12)...this means that you need to wait a couple of seconds after you talked to him and before you start a new conversation. I made this delay in order not to interfere with the dialogue evaluating globals while it is running.
  • Sh**

here it was again my stupid impatience!

of course you are right!
    Thanks again a lot!