Icewind Dale in EET

edited October 2020 in EET Help
I have been researching the EET project and have found this map:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/27749-eet-worldmap-areas-reference/

I was wondering if it was possible to install IWD:EE for EET. I found a link to IWD in EET on The Gibberlings 3 but the page is missing. Is IWD in EET a work in progress? Is it completed, and if so, where can I download it?

Comments

• Hi,  I just wanna find some clues, whats new on that project, and I was not lucky. Do you have some info about when it releases? The last info I found some time ago was, its been expected after some patch for IWDEE. Thank you for your time.
  • There are some dependencies on development in other projects (EEex, Weidu) but the project is still ongoing.
    There is no date for a test version or a playable release yet. Only news is that it is not dead.
  • There is  no IWD in EET (yet). The project was well on its way and news was that it might almost be complete...then there was no further news until this day.
    The map you discovered was developed in preparation of that project. Another mod that added NPC banters for IWD was also created - both of those efforts still wait for the main component to be done. Nobody heard anything from the author for long now (it is the same one who already created EET itself).

There is another initiative by modders from Russia but that is not ready yet as well. Even when they finish testing it there may still be the issue to translate it for other languages.

Currently, you can play a version of Tales of the Luremaster in EET https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73701/mod-trials-of-the-luremaster-for-bg2-ee-announcement

• PS - There are also two options (excluding each other) to import the spells from IWD into EET, however this does not add any IWD content.
  • edited January 1
    Thank you for answering this question, Roxanne.

I also wondered what happend with the IWD in EET-merging, since there are still various threads in the gibberlings3-Forum regarding the mod, but I could not download it anywhere.

Now I know that it is not yet finished. What I can say, however, is that Trials of the Luremaster has indeed already been implemented nicely in BG EET as a standalone MOD. I entered the ToL-area by beeing teleported there from the coalition camp in SoD.

I higly suggest playing ToL. It is a great mod, not just storywise, but you also get much experience and some nice new equipment (not overpowered). You should know, however, that the fights in ToL are really though.

I had real problems with my party (all Level 10-12). Minsk and Khalid alway ran away in fear when confronted with the harpies. The ghosts in the castel are also very tough. You should keep in mind that once you decide to accept the ToL-quest, there is no going back! The only way to get out of that area is to succeed in the Luremaster's trials.

One huge challenge in particular emerges when you also have installed the Spell Revisions component "Dispel Magic Fix", because this results in the revenants in ToL becoming invincible (they cannot be killed, no matter what you do; this is a bug).

My party ran around that tomb for about 15 Minutes beeing chased by a hord of 12 invicible revenants. Later, I found out that there is a fix for the problem. You can download it here.
  • - ToTL has been made available by Argent77 for EE games. I have not played it myself and I do not know if it is exactly the IWD content or Argent's own version of it. ToTL is supported by the EE Install Tool that also resolves the way the mod needs to be integrated some other IWD related mod components (if you use them) in a larger installation.

- K4thos project for IWD-in-EET that you refer to seems to be stuck. The modder has not been seen or heard of since more than a year.

- currently I am testing another project by other people to enable IWD in the EET environment. It looks very promising, my BG1 party has moved from the Sword Coast to Easthaven just recently and I have started to solve the quests there. Integration of IWD maps onto the worldmap is fine. I am now leaving for the Kuldahar pass for the real quest to begin. There are still issues to be resolved but my initial impression of the approach taken is positive. It is in fact possible to do it. There may still be some fine tuning required to integrate the two stories a bit better, but that is minor in respect to the whole mod working at all...I am even able to test my many-years-old Sandrah crossmod in IWD on the side.
  • That sounds great!

I would definitely play the whole IWD-content again when it is merged wit EET-BG1/SoD/BG2/ToB. Thanks for all your work you put into this game-modding. It really enhanced the BG-experience. I have been playing BG since 1999 and thanks to all the mods, there are still new areas to explore and characters to find. That is amazing.
  • any news about this new conversion? :)
  • konva said:
    any news about this new conversion? :)
    I am currently testing it. Largely IWD1 is playable and ready for fine tuning. I have not yet reached IWD2. It will surely not take as long to wait as the one announced by K4thos years ago...

• Roxanne said:
    konva said:
    any news about this new conversion? :)
    I am currently testing it. Largely IWD1 is playable and ready for fine tuning. I have not yet reached IWD2. It will surely not take as long to wait as the one announced by K4thos years ago...

Well thats cool :) I hope so too, K4thos probably wait until patch 2.6 which is unknowh when beamdog release it lol
  • edited January 14
    As a first glimpse:

IWD subraces are now available for EE games. The respected mod has been added to the Install Tool. The mod was developed by tipun at arcanecoast.ru

AASIMAR
    Aasimar carry the blood of a celestial, the begotten offspring from the union of a mortal and a deity.  Aasimar are usually good-aligned and fight against evil in the world.  They typically have fair skin, golden eyes, and often a birthmark in the shape of the deity's holy symbol.  Aasimar are blessed with insight and personal magnetism and are typically paladins.

Advantages:
     +1 Wisdom
     +1 Charisma
     Acid, cold, and electrical resistance: +20
     Sunscorch 1/Day
     Darkvision

Disadvantages:
     Gets only 95% of experience

TIEFLING
    The infernal counterpart to aasimar, tieflings are humans with a hint of the diabolical in their bloodline. Though their appearance is mostly human, they often have telltale signs that belie their ancestry. Tieflings usually have dusky skin and dark or reddish hair. Though many sport small horns, cat eyes, or other bizarre features, most tieflings try to hide their abnormalities from humans.

Advantages:
     +1 Intelligence
     +1 Dexterity
     Fire, cold, and electrical resistance: +20
     +10 Hide in shadows and Move silently
     Blindness 1/Day
     Darkvision

Disadvantages:
     -1 Charisma
     Gets only 95% of experience

DROW
    Dark elves, also known as drow, are the subterranean cousins of moon elves. Their black skin and pale hair are a curse for their allegiance with the spider goddess, Lolth. Drow societies are usually ruled by cruel priestesses of Lolth and their noble houses. Dark elves are known for their arrogance, cruelty, and penchant for civil war.

Advantages:
     +1 Intelligence
     +1 Charisma
     +2 Search traps
     50% Magic resistance
     +1 to Saving throws against spells
     Faerie Fire 3/day

Disadvantages:
     Light Blindness: -1 THAC0 and save throws in daylight
     Gets only 90% of experience

WILD ELF
    The rare wild elves are rarely seen by others, because they live in the heart of thick forests and they have incredible skill at keeping hidden.  Also called green elves, their skin tends to be dark brown, and their hair ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age.

Advantages:
     +1 Constitution

Disadvantages:
     -1 Intelligence

STRONGHEART HALFLING
    While the lightfoot halflings value the experience of travel and the sight of new lands and peoples, the strongheart halflings are a more organized, orderly, and industrious race.  Strongheart halflings often surprise those more familiar with their wandering lightfoot cousins with their confident and readily competitive nature.

Advantages:
     +1 Axe skill

Disadvantages:
     no

GHOSTWISE HALFLING
    Ghostwise halflings are the feral, reclusive cousins of lightfoot and strongheart halflings. They are found most often in the southern forests of the Realms living in small communities. Ghostwise halflings are rarely seen in large cities, but occasionally set out to explore the world for reasons known only to them. Visitors to ghostwise settlements often report that the halflings have kinship so tight with their fellows that they can communicate without speaking.

Advantages:
     +5 Search traps (for thieves)
     Set trap 1/Day (for thieves)

Disadvantages:
     no

DEEP GNOME
    Also known as svirfneblin, the deep gnomes of the Realms are a secretive, mysterious race. Found in the deepest caverns of the Underdark, the svirfneblin live in constant fear of slavery or destruction at the hands or dark elves, mind flayers, and duergar. Deep gnomes are legendary for their ability to handle stone and gems. They have brown or gray skin and gray or white hair.

Advantages:
     +1 Dexterity
     +1 Wisdom
     50% Magic resistance
     +2 Against throwing weapons
     Mirror Image 1/Day.
     Invisibility 1/Day.
     Blur 1/Day.
     Nondetection; +1 racial bonus to all saving throws
     +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears
     Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks
     +10 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +20 in darkened areas underground

Disadvantages:
     -1 Strength
     -2 Charisma (-1 if Charisma is less than 3)
     Gets only 85% of experience

GOLD DWARF
    In a time when the dwarven race is in sad decline, the gold dwarves of the Realms received a divine gift from Moradin, the Soul Forger. The father of the dwarven gods granted the Thunder Blessing upon his people, resulting in a slow growth of the gold dwarf population. Though its effects may not be felt for decades, gold dwarves are already starting to re-establish themselves in the Realms as shrewd traders and proud, if somewhat haughty, warriors.

Advantages:
     +1 Charisma
     +2 dodge bonus against giants
     +1 +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against aberrations, the bizarre creatures that live in the Underdark

Disadvantages:
     -1 Dexterity

GRAY DWARF
    Also known as duergar, the gray dwarves of the Forgotten Realms live even deeper underground than their shield dwarf and gold dwarf cousins. The duergar share little in common with other dwarves and practice slavery in their monstrous subterranean cities. Often motivated by greed and a thirst for power, gray dwarves are known throughout the Realms as devious, efficient warriors. Duergar almost always have gray hair and skin.

Advantages:
     +10 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, secret doors, stonework traps and new construction
     +1 racial bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
     +20 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.  Gray dwarves excel in stealthy movement.
     +2 dodge bonus against giants
     Invisibility 1/day
     Darkvision

Disadvantages:
     Light Blindness: -1 THAC0 and save throws in daylight
     Gets only 90% of experience

• hey, nice one Roxanne.
    I wonder, unfortunately, about one thing, question is written with green color..
    DEEP GNOME
    Also known as svirfneblin, the deep gnomes of the Realms are a secretive, mysterious race. Found in the deepest caverns of the Underdark, the svirfneblin live in constant fear of slavery or destruction at the hands or dark elves, mind flayers, and duergar. Deep gnomes are legendary for their ability to handle stone and gems. They have brown or gray skin and gray or white hair.

Advantages:
     +1 Dexterity
     +1 Wisdom
     50% Magic resistance
     +2 Against throwing weapons
     Mirror Image 1/Day.
     Invisibility 1/Day.
     Blur 1/Day.
     Nondetection; +1 racial bonus to all saving throws
     +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears
     Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks This overhauls whole rules, or how this numbers work on classic BGEE rules?
     +10 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +20 in darkened areas underground

Disadvantages:
     -1 Strength
     Gets only 85% of experience
  • I cannot answer that right away, I am just using a drow sorceress at this time.
    I will ask the author about it and let you know.
  • This is what tipun wrote to answer your question.
    In general, in the mod this is a bonus to Trapfinding. I was going to make this bonus only in dungeons. But I forgot. I'll fix it later.

About the GUI. If any GUI mod is planned to install, then the subraces only after this mod. Since the mods that change the interface strongly rewrite ui.menu. And all the fixes will be overwritten. Well, and that campaign.2da not change after installing subraces.
  • How its integrated into game btw? Its complete "ctrl+c" or some overhaul to reflect higher level party? Could you give us some spoilers? :D
  • It is fully integrated, with plots leading to and fro and worldmap additions for the new areas. The access is intended to be available at points where the BG party can handle it but still be challenged.
    You may want to adapt your experience settings (I use EET_Tweaks for that) to take the extra points into account - but in EET you would do that anyway to accommodate for larger mods.
  • Interesting, if original values are set, then I smell XP reduction roughly to 30% :D if IWD 2 would be from higher levels, would be nice. Any insights about release date?
  • konva said:
    Interesting, if original values are set, then I smell XP reduction roughly to 30% :D if IWD 2 would be from higher levels, would be nice. Any insights about release date?
    I have not looked at IWD2 yet, but from discussions I think it will be in ToB, so levels etc should be largely irrelevant by then.
    I will open the discussion with the modders to see if we can get options for BG1 access, like being able to select 3 variations during installation.

• Roxanne said:
    konva said:
    Interesting, if original values are set, then I smell XP reduction roughly to 30% :D if IWD 2 would be from higher levels, would be nice. Any insights about release date?
    I have not looked at IWD2 yet, but from discussions I think it will be in ToB, so levels etc should be largely irrelevant by then.
    I will open the discussion with the modders to see if we can get options for BG1 access, like being able to select 3 variations during installation.

Ok cool, thanks, and any ideas about release? Or do they have some website?
  • konva said:
    Roxanne said:
    konva said:

Ok cool, thanks, and any ideas about release? Or do they have some website?
    It is all in Russian but the discussion there is mostly about translations. No release date but it is in good shape already. Arcanecoast.ru is the website, they are mostly involved in translations of all mods to Russian but also recently started modding for mods that obviously have been given up by other sources.
  • any news regarding progress of IWD in EET??
    also, Paladins of Faerun, I am sure you are aware of it. is it imported to EET yet?? it seems like a great mod.
  • any news regarding progress of IWD in EET??
    also, Paladins of Faerun, I am sure you are aware of it. is it imported to EET yet?? it seems like a great mod.
    IWD in EET is progressing, although we talked just yesterday with the authors that no release date is yet foreseeable.

Paladins of Faerun may or may not work...it is complete crap. You run to a quest giver who says - "Find a sword" answer options yes - no. "Did you find the sword" - yes - no.
    If no "keep trying" if yes "here is a reward, good bye". And so on and so on. Go to a new area, fight some enemy, grab a loot, done. No story - no dialogues - no nothing.

• that is a shame regarding PoF. I like hard battles ( I love improved anvil, which also will never be imported to EET ). I play EET once every 1 or 2 years when I have free time ( when my wife goes with the children on Holiday) and I would love to have new adventures and areas to explore.
  • edited February 11
    that is a shame regarding PoF. I like hard battles ( I love improved anvil, which also will never be imported to EET ). I play EET once every 1 or 2 years when I have free time ( when my wife goes with the children on Holiday) and I would love to have new adventures and areas to explore.
    Did you check the quests section and the big mods in Install Tool? A number of new quests were added recently, the newest one is the first from the Russian community and is called "Heroes, Thieves and Moneylenders", I have not even tried it myself.
  • yes, I saw it. shame many quests are only for female character, but definitely will try it in my next install.
  • Will IWD2 be available in future?
    That would be a dream, all the inifinity games in one big world.
    I haven't heared anything from k4thos @gibberlings about the status. For me it seemed like a hell of work to compile the IWD2 rules to BG and IWD1.
  • edited April 7
    IWD1/2 available in EET already.
    It can be installed on "pure' EET or after other mods and before Sandrah Saga, except point 5. 
    Completely playable, but have some things to do. This is not k4thos version.
    Order to install:
    1. Subrace https://github.com/tipun81/Subrace-mod/releases - this adds IWD subraces to EET
    4. Mod to access IWD1/2 content from EET https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W8-u4N-0VUlxdRbfa44mVOjtVUzSgE8b/view?usp=sharing - this add points to enter IWD1 from Ulgoth's Beard in BG1 after second visit Candlekeep and to enter IWD2 from Copper Coronet in BG2 after Underdark.
    I believe that IWD1 can be achieved by another method from Friendly Arm from Sandrah Saga and there is additional content.
    5. Worldmap patch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sjNteQKaRJYhNO5-F0EaOQ_JW2WZgKq/view?usp=sharing - this adds worldmap icons of IWD1/2 to BP-BGT-Worldmap if you use it. Should be installed after BP-BGT-Worldmap.
     I tested IWD2 and it is completely playable, but exist some issues: 
    1. Alchemist in Dragon Eye can not prepare Histachii Brew, this must do somebody from you group with big LORE.
    2. Shaengarne Bridge cannot be rescued, only way is defeat all there.
    3. English dialog.tra contains text from the original game, so sometimes the description of items does not coincide with reality - in some places the balance has been changed and the style differs from that adopted in BG.
    The author is aware of the first two points and I believe that this will be fixed when he has time.
    On the third point, I promised the author to correct the English text in accordance with Russian, but I feel that this may take too long and the result may be unsatisfactory, since English is not my native language. So if anyone wants to help in this, that would be great. And accelerate the release.
    I believe this enough to fix this before the release status.
    Here is a link to the original post from author (in russian): https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1247
  • Can you please clarify?
    Your subrace mod should be installed as early as possible, regardless of IWD-mod or not? Is there a requirement to go in front or behind any specific GUI mod?
  • edited April 7
    Hi, Roxanne! :)
    I don't think it matters exactly when to install subrace.
    I installed subraces directly before IWD and there are no problems. Of course, it can be installed without IWD. As for the GUI, if we are talking about this: https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1604 then I installed it after everything, after EET_gui (for today, simply replacing the files in override) immediately before the EET_end - there are also no problems. GUI mod, of course not required for IWD. IWD will work with any GUI.
  • p_zombie said:
    Hi, Roxanne! :)
    I don't think it matters exactly when to install subrace.
    I installed subraces directly before IWD and there are no problems. Of course, it can be installed without IWD. As for the GUI, if we are talking about this: https://arcanecoast.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1604 then I installed it after everything, after EET_gui (for today, simply replacing the files in override) immediately before the EET_end - there are also no problems. GUI mod, of course not required for IWD. IWD will work with any GUI.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was just irritated to see it at #1 in your instruction but it is clear now.