Modding EE games

1235»

Comments

• Can I also assign some script for monsters via BCS file, where I have defined exact spawning on map?
  • konva said:
    Can I also assign some script for monsters via BCS file, where I have defined exact spawning on map?
    You can use something like this
    IF
    Global("OrcOverseer","ar1000",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("OrcOverseer","ar1000",1)
    CreateCreature("orcovers",[3038.2507],7)
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("orcovers",ChangeAIScript("scriptna",OVERRIDE))
    Continue()
    END
    where scriptna would be the override script you want. You can do the same for other script categories.

• Roxanne said:
    konva said:
    Can I also assign some script for monsters via BCS file, where I have defined exact spawning on map?
    You can use something like this
    IF
    Global("OrcOverseer","ar1000",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("OrcOverseer","ar1000",1)
    CreateCreature("orcovers",[3038.2507],7)
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("orcovers",ChangeAIScript("scriptna",OVERRIDE))
    Continue()
    END
    where scriptna would be the override script you want. You can do the same for other script categories.

Something like this?
    IF
    Global("ExtraSpawns1","ar1201",0)     
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("ExtraSpawns1","ar1201",1)    
    CreateCreature("Ogre",[1920.1584],6)
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("Ogre",ChangeAIScript("GNMBGSG",Override))
    Wait(1)
    CreateCreature("Ogre",[537.689],10)
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("Ogre",ChangeAIScript("GNMBGSG",Override))
    Continue()                      
    END

Is this correct, or the secondary script change is obsolete since we change script to one creature? Or better, spawn first two ogres, then change script of the creature file?
  • Principally this should work, however to identify a creature that is not unique by its script name is tricky. There is not really a way to assure that the second AI change command is applied to the second spawn. The engine would use the "nearest" creature with that script name, where nearest here means nearest to the upper left corner of the map.

• Ahh, so better manually assign script when creating new creature, or assign to existing creature if spawning more?
  • konva said:
    Ahh, so better manually assign script when creating new creature, or assign to existing creature if spawning more?
    The easiest way is to have whatever you want directly in the cre-file you create (either in NI or via tp2 commands). Only change with script if you want to modify the default.

• Thanks :) btw you know how to open console on mobile? :D Im stuck at one mod, The Tale of Our lady Dreamless IWDEE mod..
  • konva said:
    Thanks :) btw you know how to open console on mobile? :D Im stuck at one mod, The Tale of Our lady Dreamless IWDEE mod..
    No, you need to google for help in this.

• @Roxanne Hello... one quick question. Ok maybe more questions...
    1) How EE games handle override folders? Lets say I heard that on android game can crash if too many files in override, so if I split them into Override, Override2, ... etc if needed?
    2) BGEE series on android comes in three separate games, BGEE, SoD, BG2EE .. if I want to install EET with this, I have to put SoD part to BGEE folder and then install tool might handle this? :D
  • konva said:
    @Roxanne Hello... one quick question. Ok maybe more questions...
    1) How EE games handle override folders? Lets say I heard that on android game can crash if too many files in override, so if I split them into Override, Override2, ... etc if needed?
    2) BGEE series on android comes in three separate games, BGEE, SoD, BG2EE .. if I want to install EET with this, I have to put SoD part to BGEE folder and then install tool might handle this? :D
    1) Except for portraits (which works like override for those files only) I would not know. The thing to reduce the amount of files in override would be biffing. However, General Biffing creates trouble in EE file structures, so you have to write your own code for that. Basically, you would move all files of some type from override into a designated folder and then use weidu to biff that folder.

2) EET moves the files from all three games into BG2EE, so BGEE + SoD are in fact in BG2EE/override (or in Biffs created by EET from that data). There are only a defined number of BGEE (or SoD) mods that are actually installed in those parts prior to EET import. The majority of EET mods are installed on BG2EE after the import, regardless of whether their content deals with BG1 or SoD.