Modding EE games

Comments

• edited June 2019

For a full explanation follow the "terminology" link there, it has further interesting details.
  • I looked there, but I dont understand one thing... Monster Summon 1 = 2 rounds + 1 round / lvl ... duration for 2 rounds = 42, 3 rounds=48. Monster Summon II has 3 rounds = 60, while 4 is 66. Thats why Im asking there
  • Hi again, is there a easy command to add item to certain stores? :)
  • and btw, how could I unlearn the ability you provided me with some command? :)
  • https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:9736
    konva said:
    and btw, how could I unlearn the ability you provided me with some command? :)
    C:Eval('ActionOverride(Player1,RemoveSpellRES("spellname"))')
    whatever that spellname was.
  • konva said:
    Hi again, is there a easy command to add item to certain stores? :)
    You do that in your tp2. You have found the name of the sto-file for the store in Near Infinity. Make sure that the sto has the CanSell flag and that it buys and sells items of the category that your item has.

COPY_EXISTING ~XXXXX.sto~ ~override~
    ADD_STORE_ITEM + ~dagg09~ #1 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ #3

The file name of the item without the itm-extension, the first #1 in the example is the number of copies the store can sell, so might be higher if they sell stacks. The other two entries #0 are for items with charges, e.g. wands. I propose that you keep the identified flag. The #3 indicates where in the screen of the shop the item is placed (starts at 0 for the top).
  • @Roxanne hey again, Im in modding mood again lol but for IWDEE. I made two creatures, one is bigger beetle, one is orc at easthaven, near group of goblins. But I cant manage to get his attack working. Could you please help me? I looked on the elite goblin, and I cant find differences in topic of scripts. They attack perfectly, but mine creature doesnt. Im testing its stats via console spawn.
  • The creature file has no script whatsoever assigned. Note that in IWDEE this is very often the case, the game puts generic creatures into areas and assigns a script via area file. If you spawn your creature, it will not have such a script.
    I suggest that you assign whatever script you find suitable to his class or race script category - leave override slot for the case you want to give him some specifics at a later stage.
  • Here is one with a VERY Basic attack script.
  • Roxanne said:
    Here is one with a VERY Basic attack script.
    Thanks, btw I see some scripts here, but I do not have them .. anyway I try it atm in my game to see hows that mob balanced. And maybe I also learn scripting, have you some source with usefull commands for those scripts? Advanced attacking tactics?
  • The source for all script commands and triggers is IESDP
    You may also find all relevant data in Near Infinity in the IDS tab. The files that may interest you most are trigger.ids and action.ids - self explanatory what you find there.

Otherwise, the best source is always to look at script files that roughly do what you intend to do and start from there.

With Near Infinity it is pretty straight forward to find the data you want and start to study from there.
    You can also look into mods you may find suitable for your purpose. There you find files in the baf-format which is bcs prior compilation.

• thanks, anyway I found one script that I assigned for orc :)
  • hmm, if I just modify one existing attack script, I can use it directly if its in override folder? 
  • edited January 13
    konva said:
    hmm, if I just modify one existing attack script, I can use it directly if its in override folder? 
    Yes. Scripts are stored in the game (cre-files, saves, areas etc) just by reference to the file name. You exit the game, modify a script, reload - the new version is used right away.

• Ok...
    I tried to understand the attack script...
    IF
    See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    AttackReevaluate(LastSeenBy(Myself),75)
    END
    // this one causes to attack and follow only one target without changing target to different one.
    IF
    AttackedBy(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),DEFAULT)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
    END
    // this sequence causes to reach the attacker
    IF
    Help([ENEMY])
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(NearestEnemyOf(LastHelp(Myself)))
    END
    // not sure about this one, but it looks like if protecting some creature, it tries to attack and kill the first attacker of protected creature?
    IF
    AttackedBy([GOODCUTOFF],DEFAULT)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    Enemy()
    Continue()
    END
    // this changes aligment if neutral / friendly
  • edited January 13
    You will find the "Identifiers" under that headline in the Iesdp that I linked in a previous post. (also in object.ids in NI). Help acts similar to shout, but does not accept values. The range of the Help action is slightly larger than the default visual radius of NPCs

The number in the AttackReevaluate is a timer to define when to reevaluate the target.

• cool thanks for explaining the reevaluate parameter. I read iesdp too, but i just needed confirmation that i understand correctly :)
  • @Roxanne could you please help me understand, why Presio in IWDEE has no script? I wanted to look on some spellcaster script to get some hints.. but in NI, she has no script I can browse. Even area script has no clues. Thank you much :)
  • btw I noticed that when I spawn any creature via command, it lacks attack script
  • This is what I meant in the earlier post about how IWD does it.
    Look at the are file for ar4003.are where Presio is. You see the list of creatures in the area. You see that the are file assigns this:

His override script is CDPresio.bcs.
    But when you spawn him he will not have any scripts.
  • ahh ok thanks, that explains alot, i need to study it. When I look the files you made for me to get some understanding, can I use multiple tra files? Like one for creature, one for spells.. etc. and how should I recall it for tp instructions?
  • You can use any number of tra files you want. If you want to use a specific one for a specific file (normally weidu uses the one that has the same name as the file that is being compiled and if it does not find a certain @entry there it goes to the default you define at the top of your tp2) then you use COMPILE ....xxxxx.file USING ....pppp.tra (you can use more than one tra provided each @number only exists once in them).
  • Roxanne said:
    You can use any number of tra files you want. If you want to use a specific one for a specific file (normally weidu uses the one that has the same name as the file that is being compiled and if it does not find a certain @entry there it goes to the default you define at the top of your tp2) then you use COMPILE ....xxxxx.file USING ....pppp.tra (you can use more than one tra provided each @number only exists once in them).
    Hmm im not sure if I understand correctly. Could you give me some example please?
  • Here is an example from my Sandrah mod

For this specific script (that has a lot of overhead text displayed on creatures) I use
    EXTEND_TOP ~ra4300.bcs~ ~SandrahNPC/Mods/ra4300San.baf~ USING ~SandrahNPC/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/arena.tra~
    instead of the default tra file for other scripts which is defined in the always section on the top of the tp2
    AUTO_TRA ~SandrahNPC/TRA/%s~

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~SandrahNPC/TRA/english/setup-Sandr.tra~
    LANGUAGE ~Russian~ ~russian~ ~SandrahNPC/TRA/russian/setup-Sandr.tra~

For a normal dialog file, no tra needs to be defined
    COMPILE ~SandrahNPC/D/Elminsa.d~ will automatically use Elminsa.tra from the respective language (if several translations exist)

• Hello @Roxanne How are you? :) I would like to ask you, im exploring 2DA files. For example, ANISUM01 has only two lines, defining which creatures are summoned. Dire Wold and War Dog, specifically there are texts wolfdisu and dogwasu. I can edit those like texts, but if I want to change which monsters are summoned, I just simply edit texts there? Or whats the source of those?
  • edited January 27
    If you want to change the creatures that are summoned by a spell, you can do that directly in the spell files itself.
    Go to spell abilities and look for the effect that uses (67) summon creature. If you open it you can see which cre-files it references. You can add or change them as you like + you can edit duration etc as well.

PS see here for 2da description

I never use this but rather take the other option to use a specific cre-file for a dedicated spell.

• edited January 27
    Ok thanks :) I might slightly change some summons... but another question comes in my mind. CDTweaks removes summoning cap. How is this done? All summoned creatures have their gender set to Summoned. Nevermind, I just found corresponding 2da file.
  • @Roxanne Classic Icewind dale has summoning limit too, but no 2da file corresponding to it. How Classic icewind dale handles this? Just theorycrafting, and trying to learn some new stuff
  • konva said:
    @Roxanne Classic Icewind dale has summoning limit too, but no 2da file corresponding to it. How Classic icewind dale handles this? Just theorycrafting, and trying to learn some new stuff
    I do not have classic IWD, just IWDEE, so no idea. Maybe someone else here knows this answer.

• I found that IWDEE has summlimt.2da
    with normal 6 celestial 1
    as its limits. This may as well apply for classic IWD.