Party problems with Dritzzt and various friends in Triology.

I would like to say first of all that I am in difficulty because of some members of the group. I list them in sequence of my preference. My most loved are first.

1) Thorin (Dwarf Warrior strong and precise. Does exactly what is required of a warrior)
2) Sirene (She accompanies me from BG1, she is a decent tank and I find her very interesting)
3) Yasraena (I like Drow and I like that she is committed to someone else and is loyal to this person)
4) Saerileth (she took me to Sigil! What a thrill! But a little too heavy with her flirts)
5) Drizzt (The mythical. He doesn't drive me crazy in this mod. I always find the most damaged in the fights and I just want to know how I can finish helping him and then free the slot as soon as possible)

I need a thief or someone who knows how to deal with traps, even a cleric with the relative spell would be enough. Going on an adventure in these conditions is really a mess.

The only one I can leave is Thorin, my lifelong companion in adventure.

Now to finish Drizzt's quest I am forced to do more quests  because my party cannot access the hut where Drittz's "dwarf" friend is. The thing is really annoying in this case.

Do you have any advice?

PS: You can see that the game still shows me information about "Isra" that I haven't had with me since I was imprisoned in Baldur's Gate!

Comments

• You will get a key to the hut in Westchar from someone near the Umar Cave. If you did a previous quest from the mod, you should have received a hint concerning Umar Hills.

Thorin? That is one of those no-content NPCs from some BG1 mod, right? It is most likely an oversight that he even appears after BG1 - he is from the Dark Horizons mod and appeared for the Durlag's Tower quest if I am not mistaken...
  • I received the key as you say. The door is open but it tells me I can't go in because I'm not powerful enough.
    I've done it several times, with just Drizzt and his companions ..
    In the end it occurred to me to "raise" them and at 14 (it seems to me) it allows me to enter without problems .. But I don't know how to quickly do so many experience points without "cheating".

Congratulations on your memory! Yes, you're right Thorin wanted to be accompanied to investigate part of his clan who had tried their hand at the defense of Durlag's Tower.
  • I see what you mean - that house requires the player character to have at least 1.25M points XP. It is not related to levels of NPCs.

As for Thorin, having him after BG1 in EET is an oversight. You are probably the only player to ever have kept him so that this was not found until now. There should be code in SoD to remove him. Do you remember what happened with him in the Ducal Palace and in Irenicus Dungeon?
  • I am attaching the photos of the various passages where instead of being alone there was always the Nano.

I don't understand a thing, isn't 1.25 million XP the sum of the various levels of the party? Where else does it calculate them from?

Hope the pictures are clear.
  • edited November 2020
    How does the Saerileth quest end?

• I am attaching the photos of the various passages where instead of being alone there was always the Nano.

I don't understand a thing, isn't 1.25 million XP the sum of the various levels of the party? Where else does it calculate them from?

Hope the pictures are clear.
    - I see. The mod misses the EET code to remove Thorin after the first SoD dungeon.
    - The 1.25 mio XP is for your player character only.
    	XPLT(Player1,1250000) Means your character has less than that XP
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ClearAllActions()
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,333330)) // You are not powerful enough to enter.

• So do you think I should raise my sorcerer's level? Or should I proceed as I am doing?
  • So do you think I should raise my sorcerer's level? Or should I proceed as I am doing?
    How many points does your sorcerer have? If reasonable, you just wait until he qualifies, there is no time limit to the quest.
  • Angelo has 738351 XP.

Sorry if I ask you ... But is the story still long about Drittz?

• Angelo has 738351 XP.

Sorry if I ask you ... But is the story still long about Drittz?

This is a really big mod, the main story has many episodes. Then there a lot of side quests in each town that the mod reveals. Once you finished the main plot, there is a sequel where you can explore some new areas in the north of Faerun.
    Yes, it is still very long but you can play any part of it as you like and do the original quests or other mod's quests on the side.

• Fantastic ..
    I am enjoying this adventure more than the others even though I have not been able to use Sandrah's Saga.

So I have to keep Dritzz for a long time longer.

I almost almost go back and pick up before I bring Sirene and Saerileth into the group.
    The ideal would be not to take on Saerileth who instead forces himself to interact and therefore to join the group. If I don't accept her, I won't have the chance in the future. Quite right?
  • Fantastic ..
    I am enjoying this adventure more than the others even though I have not been able to use Sandrah's Saga.

So I have to keep Dritzz for a long time longer.

I almost almost go back and pick up before I bring Sirene and Saerileth into the group.
    The ideal would be not to take on Saerileth who instead forces himself to interact and therefore to join the group. If I don't accept her, I won't have the chance in the future. Quite right?
    The Sandrah mod has a tweak by which you can delay Saerileth. But without Sandrah in party there is only one chance. The original mod places her in a place you cannot avoid if you want to enter the temple and if you refuse her, she is gone. This relatively poor design has earned the mod its negative reputation with some players. It would be easy to change if one decides to ignore the author's intention...
  • You mean I can easily change this too?

• You mean I can easily change this too?
    No I mean it would be easy to change the code prior installation...

• Ah! Ok

I have initiated an update for the Saerileth mod. The next version will have an option to let her wait in front of the temple for later pick up.
    - you need to hear her out and be polite, else she will leave.
    - If you do, she will stay there but will leave once you have received the offers from Bodhi and Brus for Brynnlaw.

• Fantastic!!!!
    Can I have it even when the game is running?
    Now I'm back and I'm without her and without Sirene.
    I'm stopped in the city at the Arlex and I'm trying to complete the quests of the Gost (I know that it is timed and therefore now lost) and that of the fugitives from prison