Caelar Argent Mod

Hey Roxanne,

I'm playing through the Siege of Dragonspear with your Shine on Caelar mod, but the mod description has me worried about something.

The option for decision appears in the negotiation at Dead Man's Pass, provided the player has left way for such a decision by previous dialogues and actions.

What dialogues and actions is this referring to? Would this have anything to do with how the battle at Bridgefort was handled? Whether you fought Caelar's army in Chapter 9 or surrendered?

I just want to make sure that I don't miss this accidentally.

Thanks.

Comments

• The original game sets a number of globals during the conversations you can have with Cealar throughout. These are taken into account if you make the right choices, i.e. be diplomatic and neutral to her. In some sidequests you can also get evidence concerning Hephernaan and the crusade's history.
    You can check the status with console before you go to the meeting at Dead Man's Pass with (one or the other must be fulfilled):
    C:GetGlobalGT("bd_mdd420_good","global")  this must exist and be greater than 1
    C:GetGlobal("bd_hephernann_talk_belhifet","global") This must be 1

As a result C:GetGlobal("bd_alt_willing_surrender","global") will be 2 and you have additional option in the upcoming Caelar vs Coalition confrontation. You still must make the respective dialogue choices there.

The path is not too cryptic, because all those options exist in the normal game already, just the plot makes no use of them - but the mod does. It should be obvious which are the choices to make.
  • edited July 6
    Thank you Roxanne. So I take it that the battle at Bridgefort doesn’t matter in terms of these Globals?

its only related to my dialogues with Caelar and whether I have evidence against that one evil character, right?

Or am I wrong?

Thank you for your insight. 
  • DLA1992 said:
    Thank you Roxanne. So I take it that the battle at Bridgefort doesn’t matter in terms of these Globals?

its only related to my dialogues with Caelar and whether I have evidence against that one evil character, right?

Or am I wrong?

Thank you for your insight. 
    There is no way to avoid the battle. SoD leaves no just choice and makes it that members from either side act no matter what the players say. It is just your conduct of the dialogues.