Possible to start a new EET game at beginning of SOD?

Hi all, I've been playing through the EET and I just completed BG1.  I find that I want to change up the mods that I have installed right now before I start SOD.  So, I wanted to do a fresh install of EET with new mods and start right at SOD.  Is this possible, and if so how do I proceed?  Thanks so much!

Comments

• General - you can start EET at any campaign start you want, i.e. Candlekeep, SoD, Irenicus Dungeon or ToB.

You cannot use saved games from the BG1 part of an installation and continue the game on a new installation with an old save.

So, if you want to do a fresh install, then you can start a NEW game at SoD. You can as well export your old NPC and use the creature file for the new game.

You cannot change the mod setup in your current EET and then just continue (there are exceptions for some mods that you may add to a running game, but for most it is no).

I am not sure if any of this answers your question or you have something different in mind?
  • Thanks for the reply!  Specifically, where would you click on to begin the SOD campaign straight away?
  • Thanks for the reply!  Specifically, where would you click on to begin the SOD campaign straight away?
    You start the game with the baldur.exe from the BG2EE directory you used for EET.

On the start screen you get the option to "Select Campaign", and on the next screen you make your choice for Dragaonspear and then "New Game" which leads to character creation.

• Thank you so much!!