Latest EE Mod Setup Issues

Had a few issues with my latest attempt at a larger install with lots of mods. I have a working one from a few days ago which is still working. Another drive I attempted an even larger install (see attached compilation). On the install I noticed that there were no known conflicts that came up when selecting the mods (I tried to do my best). But during the installation I had some obvious issues.

I've included the log. I've noticed others with similar issues with SCS (perhaps I just downloaded a version just prior to the recent fix, so that could be mute). But a few others I installed before with no issues, and now we have some. Let me know if you see anything.

I was able to install Faith and Powers after the setup; Might and Guile was not possible for Multiclass and Feats; Undead same; Shadow Magic I had working on another install, failed here; SCS could be the issue that has been fixed (screen shots of the weird behavior that I'm not sure I noticed before on another install); Sandrah couldn't install even manually (working on another install); Vampire World works (it needs to be updated to the latest version in the install tool) but it requires the PPE mod installed first before it can be installed (manual install works).

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Ninde
Component: Ninde NPC Mod for EET

Mod: Divine Remix
Component: Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

Mod: Faiths and Powers
Component: Change item usability for priests
Component: New and revised cleric kits
Component: Add Cleric of Lathander
Component: Add Cleric of Torm
Component: Add Cleric of Helm
Component: 216
Component: Add Cleric of Tempus
Component: Add Cleric of Leira
Component: Add Cleric of Loviatar
Component: Add Cleric of Talos
Component: Add Acolyte of Ilmater
Component: Add Acolyte of Deneir
Component: Add Acolyte of Sune
Component: Add Acolyte of Tempus
Component: Add Acolyte of Mystra
Component: Add Acolyte of Mask
Component: Add Acolyte of Shar
Component: Add Air Mystic
Component: Add Fire Mystic
Component: Add Light Mystic
Component: Add Shadow Mystic

Mod: Might and Guile
Component: Add Multiclass Kits
Component: The Feat System (for Warriors and Rogues, includes Revised Stalker and Shadowdancer, disables Scout kit)
Component: Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit)
Component: Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit)
Component: Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit)
Component: Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit)

Mod: I Hate Undead Kitpack
Component: Circle Enforcer (Druid Kit)
Component: Dreadful Witch (Shaman Kit)

Mod: Shadow Magic (NEW)
Component: Shadow Magic
Component: Shadow Monk monk kit
Component: Quests and Encounters
Component: Enhanced Shade Lord

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems
Component: Smarter Abazigal
Component: Improved Random Encounters
Component: Improved Abazigal's Lair

Mod: Jim's Fixes and Tweaks
Component: Fix Ascension with SCS Smarter Abazigal

Mod: Sandrah Saga I - Sandrah Appears
Component: Sandrah Kit
Component: Mods Compatibility
Component: SandrahNPC Creatures and Items
Component: Sandrah EET additions
Component: SandrahNPC for EET Core
Component: SandrahNPC for EET Compiles
Component: Pelligram, Sandrah's Animal Companion
Component: Sandrah Shops
Component: Sandrah Movies and Sounds
Component: Worldmap Update for SandrahNPC for EET
Component: SandrahNPC Extensions
Component: SandrahNPC Check for required Installation
Component: Sandrah Worldmap Entries
Component: Sandrah ToB (EET)
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Transition
Component: Mod Interactions
Component: Shauhana for Shadow of Amn EET

Mod: Sandrah Saga II - Return to Faerun
Component: Check Requirements for EET
Component: RTF Movies and Sounds
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Areas
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Area Modifications
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Creatures
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Items and Stores
Component: Sandrah Return To Faerun Compiles
Component: Sandrah RtF Cross Mod Contents
Component: EET Compliance

Mod: Sandrah Saga III - Time of Troubles Revisited
Component: Sandrah Time of Troubles Revisited Areas
Component: Sandrah Time of Troubles Revisited Compiles

Mod: Vampire World (New)
Component: Tsolak, the vampire on a mission (SOD), can be resurrected
Component: Bodhi can be resurrected
Component: Bodhi Stronghold (Bodhi vampires can be resurrected and control over Bodhi Stronghold is gained)
Component: Bodhi Stronghold vampiresses get new Creative Commons Portraits
Component: Undead lovers (Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira, Viconia can be resurrected as vampires)
Component: Miriam has new Creative Commons C0 portrait
Component: Player can join Kali Cult. Lilith, Marial Delsol and Blood Raven are joinable and resurrectable.

Comments

• edited August 27
    Here's the logs, screenshots, etc...

If you'd like individual logs for the manual installs let me know.
  • Given this list, I will do an installation of your compilation myself.
    Some minor adjustments
    - I use the latest Install Tool version with a number of updates done in the last 24 hours.
    - I have removed divine remix component 10 due to its known incompatibility with the other selected mods - no need to prove failures that are already known.

This will take a while, so let us be patient what happens. 
  • It's a rather long install. The game "works", but I was trying to put together an install with most of the mods that didn't conflict with each other. Looks like I still found some even though they weren't listed.
  • I finished the installation with slightly better results and some finding to be incorporated in the Install Tool
    1. Ninde, Sandrah, Jim Fix, hate Undead and some Stratagems components installed fine (probably due to fixed SCS)
    2. Divine Remix battleguard did not install because another mod already added it (need to find that and add to selection tree)
    3. Vampiric World installs except for components requiring PPE - this can be solved by changing install order in the tool. I think the mod is developed on top of an existing game where PPE is present already.
    4. There is a large number of failed kit mods/components. They all seem to have the same source of problem - they relate to multi-kit functions and my assumption is that a mod quite early in the sequence uses outdated code that makes all succeeding mods choke on files they want to expand. I am still not sure how to locate that issue but there seems to be that pattern.

Weidu log is attached, input was the clean.ini from @Anprionsa.
    Note - I did not make any repairs during installation. If a component failed, I skipped it and let the tool continue, just to get clearer analysis of dependencies/conflicts.
  • edited August 28
    were the errors trigger.ids errors?

Component: Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit - could it be that 2.5 now has a tempus kit by default? I noticed F&P had no problems. If the DR version uses the same kit name as the base game, would it not skip it?
  • I'm curious where the error occurs for the multi kit problem? I have a previous install on a flash drive that works and had most of those kits installed. That was right after the 2.5 update with an older set of downloads (which I've already deleted... dang).
  • edited August 28
    were the errors trigger.ids errors?

Component: Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit - could it be that 2.5 now has a tempus kit by default? I noticed F&P had no problems. If the DR version uses the same kit name as the base game, would it not skip it?
    It indeed skips it, so the mod is correct - but because this is still offered in Install Tool as an option, the tool would notify this to you and you need to do a manual input to continue, which of course is not desired.
    Your other observation is also correct, the F&P component adds to the base game, while DR is just not needed anymore.

The trigger IDS errors (not really errors although it uses this term) is something I ignore during SCS, the code is clever enough to install what is possible and ignores what makes no sense. Those are not really issues.
  • Should have clarified....meant any trigger.ids errors on the kit installs? I had that happen on an older install. I don't remember if it was the nathaniel or soulefain mod (older one) screwing up that file and causing Shadow Magic and one or two other mods to fail.
  • edited August 28
    Anprionsa said:
    I'm curious where the error occurs for the multi kit problem? I have a previous install on a flash drive that works and had most of those kits installed. That was right after the 2.5 update with an older set of downloads (which I've already deleted... dang).
    Honestly, I cannot tell. All I find is that Might and Guile component 500 is the first one to have problems and does not install and that remains for all subsequent mods.
    But that means the problem is created somewhere prior to M+G 500 in the sequence.
    I am not skilled very much with multikit, that is why I do not know how to find more. Problem is that there is quite a number of mods that come prior to M+G including NPC mods with multi-class options and one of those may cause it.

(...and it is a mod I a) normally never use myself and that was in clean.ini, as i never encountered this error before OR b) was updated very recently.
  • Needle in a hay stack then? Fabulous.
  • edited August 28
    Anprionsa said:
    Needle in a hay stack then? Fabulous.
    I would rather say that it gets easier to find if more users report it and it can be narrowed down. We both used the same input so our samples are quite similar.
    It is normal detective work. It will be easier to find in a smaller installation...
  • Maybe it is worth mentioning that despite those errors, the collection has mostly succeeded mods/components and is a playable game, even if quite challenging. None of the glitches has game breaking impact.
    This is mostly an exercise to see if Install Tool can be further improved, it is not repairing bugs inside of mods or such.
  • edited August 29
    Tried a new install with a few tweaks. No longer had the multi kit issue. In fact it was relatively pain free. Only had a few issues.

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Might and Guile
    Component: The Feat System (for Warriors and Rogues, includes Revised Stalker and Shadowdancer, disables Scout kit)

Mod: Shadow Magic (NEW)
    Component: Shadow Magic
    Component: Shadow Monk monk kit
    Component: Quests and Encounters
    Component: Enhanced Shade Lord

Mod: Item Randomiser
    Component: Beholders have no items equipped (in case randomisation equipped something on them)
    Component: Demi-liches have no items equipped (moves anything they have equipped to inventory)
    Component: Dragons have no items equipped
    Component: Elementals have no items equipped
    Component: Fiends have no items equipped
    Component: Golems have no items equipped
    Component: Master Brains have no items equipped
    Component: Trolls have no items equipped
    Component: Prevent Watcher's Keep statues from disappearing (in case randomisation gave them something)

Mod: Vampire World (New)
    Component: Bodhi can be resurrected
    Component: Bodhi Stronghold (Bodhi vampires can be resurrected and control over Bodhi Stronghold is gained)
    Component: Bodhi Stronghold vampiresses get new Creative Commons Portraits
    Component: Miriam has new Creative Commons C0 portrait
    Component: Player can join Kali Cult. Lilith, Marial Delsol and Blood Raven are joinable and resurrectable.

88219 files exist in your override-folder. The game may slow down if around 10.000 files are present. Thus please make sure the game runs fine. If that's not the case, load and install the Generalized Biffing mod:

So the only one that was a problem again was the Shadow Magic Mod, it's the only one that failed on the same issue twice.

Vampire World I'm not sure why those particular components failed.

Randomiser I'm also not sure, it said something about mode 2 not being installed? Not sure yet.

Might and Guile I wasn't sure why that wasn't working.

Also the log total was much smaller. Must have been the SCS issue.

• do you have the debug files for the mods that failed install? more info would be in there
  • edited August 29
    The Vampire World configuration has been meanwhile updated in Install Tool, the failed components are needing other mods or components, these dependencies now appear.
    (This probably came after you started your setup.)
  • Yeah I figured that was the case when I saw the commit on the EE Setup Tool. And I did start that install before that was sent out. I've been able to setup the mod fully after that now with no problems. Still having issues with Shadow Magic and the other 2.
  • Those are active mods under current development. So, unless there is something directly related to Install Tool here, it is best to wait for the modders to sort that out (or make a report to them if you can locate the problem).
  • Yeah I've submitted an issue to ArtemiusI and UnearthedArcana.

Randomiser is over at Gibberling (has no Git that I see) I'll post there.
    • After identifying the Belt of Gender, trying to move it causes the game to become unresponsive and requires ctrl+alt+delete. Could be from one of the item revision mods? After trying to remove it via EEKeeper and add it back in, the item still crashed the game.
    • The ogre for the jumper rabbit quest isn't in the cave, I have no idea what overrode that. Maybe Jen'Lig? I didn't have him in my party the first time I went into that cave, but I did this time and the ogre wasn't there.
    • Selim Sivad appears all the time! (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45149-selim-sivad-in-tri-top-area/) I found that topic with a few other topics. It looks to be a problem with spells? Something over wrote something? (http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44387-selim-sivad-keeps-appearing/) When am I actually supposed to see this ghost?

I'll keep this updated as I go along. I'm curious which of these are because of unknown mod incompatibilities or because of the mods themselves? But I had most of these before without issues, so must be something else.

• edited August 30
    The ogre is wast of the cave outside, he moves when you have Jen'lig for the wounded mind flayer episode.
  • Ah ok, I didn't search as I assumed it was gone. Guess I'll go on that hunt.
  • Selim is a CtB NPC and is supposed to spawn when you cast some high level spells which most likely you only learn after you visited and solved the Academy of Kudin in BG2.
    IF
    OR(12)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_EAGLES_SPLENDOR) // SPWI140.SPL (Eagle's Splendor)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DECASTAVE) // SPWI240.SPL (Decastave)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_CATS_GRACE) // SPWI227.spl (Cat's Grace)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_MORDENKAINENS_FORCE_MISSILES) // SPWI440.SPL (Mordenkainen's Force Missiles)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_BALL_LIGHTNING) // SPWI540.SPL (Ball Lightning)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LUTZAENS_FREQUENT_JAUNT) // SPWI541.SPL (Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DARTS_OF_BONE) // SPWI640.SPL (Darts of Bone)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_ANTIMAGIC_FIELD) // SPWI627.spl (Anti-Magic Shell)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LICH_TOUCH) // SPWI642.SPL (Lich Touch)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE) // SPWI643.SPL (Trollish Fortitude)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_IRON_BODY) // SPWI823.SPL (Iron Body)
    SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_MIND_BLANK) // SPWI824.SPL (Mind Blank)
    Global("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",0)
    !Global("CbSelimTurnsEnemy","GLOBAL",1)
    AreaType(DUNGEON)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CbSelimCreated","GLOBAL",1)
    CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",S) // Selim Sivad
    END
    You probably have none of those spells yet, so the only reason is that some mod has overwritten them. Other possibility is that those spell numbers were available when the very old mod was created and are today used otherwise.
    The method to find out would be for you to examine your Baldur.bcs file (e.g. with Near infinity), find the above code block and see which spells are checked in your installation.

Or just with console C:SetGlobal("CbSelimCreated","Global",99) to prevent him from appearing at all.
  • For belt of gender you can run changelog
    on Belt05.itm and CBelt05.itm

It will give you a list of mod components that may have changed the item. If you check these mods in reverse order, you can find the one causing the issue. Go to the xxxxmod/backup/componentnumber of the last one, find the item and put it into BG2EE/override - check the result. If the issue is still there, continue with the second last in the list...etc until you found the culprit.
  • IF
        OR(12)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_EAGLES_SPLENDOR)  // SPWI140.SPL (Eagle's Splendor)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DECASTAVE)  // SPWI240.SPL (Decastave)
            SpellCastRES("",[GOODCUTOFF])
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_BALL_LIGHTNING)  // SPWI540.SPL (Ball Lightning)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LUTZAENS_FREQUENT_JAUNT)  // SPWI541.SPL (Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DARTS_OF_BONE)  // SPWI640.SPL (Darts of Bone)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_ANTIMAGIC_FIELD)  // spwi628.spl (Anti-Magic Shell)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LICH_TOUCH)  // SPWI642.SPL (Lich Touch)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE)  // SPWI643.SPL (Trollish Fortitude)
        AreaType(DUNGEON)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",S)  // Selim Sivad
    END

IF
        OR(12)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_EAGLES_SPLENDOR)  // SPWI140.SPL (Eagle's Splendor)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DECASTAVE)  // SPWI240.SPL (Decastave)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_BALL_LIGHTNING)  // SPWI540.SPL (Ball Lightning)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LUTZAENS_FREQUENT_JAUNT)  // SPWI541.SPL (Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_DARTS_OF_BONE)  // SPWI640.SPL (Darts of Bone)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_ANTIMAGIC_FIELD)  // spwi628.spl (Anti-Magic Shell)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_LICH_TOUCH)  // SPWI642.SPL (Lich Touch)
            SpellCast([GOODCUTOFF],WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE)  // SPWI643.SPL (Trollish Fortitude)
        TimeGT(DUSK_END)
        TimeLT(DAWN_START)
    THEN
        RESPONSE #100
            CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",S)  // Selim Sivad
    END
      That's the code in my bcs file. It happens twice and some of the spells seem to not match up with your example.

• edited August 30
    I'm certain that the Item Revisions mod changed that file.

GIRDLE_OF_GENDER                           BELT     belt05   1        1        1        1        1        1        @1085 ;   @2400 ;   @1087 ;   @2401 ;   *        *    

It's the only mod I added that's different from my previous installs that changes the item. I have two other mods by Charlatan (previous install) and CDTweaks (also installed previously) that probably have modified it, but they weren't installed last. So it must be Item Revisions.

These are the two files.

• Do these spells exist in your game SPWI227, SPWI440, SPWI823, SPWI824 ?
  • I think I found the source of the Selim issue.
    It is CtB using partly resources from TDD mod, in this case spells. While this may (or may not, according to the reports you quoted) have worked many years ago in classic game, it is no longer applicable for the EE versions, if it ever worked at all.
    The problem with the code to spawn Selim is that it does not use SpellCastRES but SpellCast with a spell.ids reference that may not be applicable in all cases.

I will trigger a CtB update to use a more robust coding.
  • Any fix for the current game or does it require a new install?
  • edited August 31
    Proposed solutions:

• Belt of Gender -Go to your BGEE/item_rev/backup folder and search for the Belt05.itm and CBelt05.itm. In case there are several instances in different backup sub-folders, take the ones from the lowest numbered. Copy them into BG2EE/override.
    • Selim - Replace the code in Baldur.bcs with this:
    IF
    GlobalGT("CbAreaWard_3542_Opened","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(12)
    SpellCastRES("SPWI140",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI240",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI227",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI440",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI540",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI541",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI640",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI627",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI642",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI643",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI823",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI824",[GOODCUTOFF])
    AreaType(DUNGEON)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",S)
    END

IF
    GlobalGT("CbAreaWard_3542_Opened","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(12)
    SpellCastRES("SPWI140",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI240",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI227",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI440",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI540",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI541",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI640",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI627",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI642",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI643",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI823",[GOODCUTOFF])
    SpellCastRES("SPWI824",[GOODCUTOFF])
    TimeGT(DUSK_END)
    TimeLT(DAWN_START)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreatureOffScreen("CBSELIMS",S)
    END
    You can do this either with Near Infinity or with CMD weidu commands. Both will have direct effects in the game.

Or just with console C:SetGlobal("CbSelimCreated","Global",99) to prevent him from appearing at all. You can reset the global to 0 in case you reach BG2 and do the Kudin quest.