Imoen 4 Ever

Sorry if I open another thread, but the other one is somehow a ghost and can't be found.

I'm taking interest in the mod "Imoen 4 Ever" as it allows exactly what I was searching for in my game. 
I'm discussing with the mod author and, among the usual controversies I hope you'll not care about, she said that it has to be the very first mod in the install order: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30399-imoen-4-ever-compatibility-notes/?do=findComment&comment=279521

I'm checking my install order, and noticed that the install tool places different mods before Imoen 4 Ever (CtB, Adalon's Blood, Tower of Deception, Dungeon Crawl, Back to Brynnlaw, The Sellsword).  

Could you modify the install order so to place Imoen 4 Ever first?

Thank you very much as always.

Comments

• Hello!
    have you heard of this new mod ?

If that could be made compatible to Sandrah it would be very cool!

• edited May 2019
    That mod (or better game conversion, as it is not a mod anymore) is not even compatible with the game itself, nor with a hundred mods that are available.

In SoA, the player has three reasons to reach Brynnlaw
    1. Save Imoen
    2. Hunt Irenicus
    3. The combination of the two.

Your reason why you want to reach Spellhold is an integral element of the game and for the role playing. The above Game conversion cuts out 2 of 3 motivations to play the game and reduces it to option 2. It leaves no choice to the player of why and how he wants to play the early part of the game.

Imoen's arrest on the Promenade was introduced into the original game at a late stage for exactly this reason. The motivation to go after Irenicus just for revenge/curiosity is too weak to carry a game.

All over the game people ask you why you want to reach Spellhold and you can give them one of the above reasons. Just cutting out two possible answers from dialogues is deprecating a large number of game/friendship/romance options. The answers you give to people very often have a large impact on the further plot or the way NPCs act towards you. The selfish revenge course of option 2 closes a lot of doors in relationship. The answer you give to this question characterizes the player in SoA.

Just one example from my current playthrough, I had the scene just an hour ago:
    Aidan, a paladin of Amaunator asks you exactly this question and if you answer that you want to save a friend that was falsely accused this "switches" his romance path. Otherwise all you get from him is his quest but neither friendship nor romance.

If you want to play the Imoen coversion, it is best you do an installation with just this mod  plus the author's other mods and forget about compatibility with anything else. This is not SoA and the mods for it but one person's private vision of HER game she  claims to own and wants people to play her way.

Skipping a key element dungeon is already bad enough for compatibility, cutting away two thirds of a game is simply killing it.

Nothing else to say here.
  • edited October 2019
    Given that imoen is a co-star, the ones that bother some people, me too, and that when she was recovered has lost a lot of experience/spell/bonus, already acquired too
  • The mod readme says "Imoen is not taken to Spellhold after Irenicus Dungeon but can stay in party throughout SoA. NOTE - not compatible with any game or mod content that assumes she is in Spellhold until rescued."

No such mod comes to my mind, but I don't really know BG2. What mods should avoid (if any) in your opinion?
  • Blash said:
    The mod readme says "Imoen is not taken to Spellhold after Irenicus Dungeon but can stay in party throughout SoA. NOTE - not compatible with any game or mod content that assumes she is in Spellhold until rescued."

No such mod comes to my mind, but I don't really know BG2. What mods should avoid (if any) in your opinion?
    Nearly every NPC, quest and content mod that adds to the early chapters of BG2. All are based on the fact that Imoen is in Spellhold. Many NPC reactions and even whole romances work differently if the player is not trying to rescue Imoen but wants to take revenge on Irenicus instead.
    The list of mods that ARE compatible is short and published on the mods's website.

• edited April 12
    I checked and asked more specifically.

I now noticed that the install tool marks as incompatible:
    - Alternatives
    - Fading Promises
    - Shadows over Soubar
    - Back to Brynnlaw
    - Almateria's Restoration Project.

The mod author however says they are *probably* compatible:
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30399-imoen-4-ever-compatibility-notes/page/2/

Is there a specific reason they're marked as incompatible in the install tool?

P.S. Why doesn't this thread appear in the General forum (nor in Recent discussions)?
  • Install order?
    Does anyone ever explain what that is?
    Anyway, where is there any reasoning behind that? We have 20 mods that claim the same and we have about 50 mods that say "install last".
    I prefer to base what the Install Tool does on facts and not such arbitrary statements from modders who ignore most of the mods that are not their own.
  • Blash said:
    I checked and asked more specifically.

I now noticed that the install tool marks as incompatible:
    - Alternatives
    - Fading Promises
    - Shadows over Soubar
    - Back to Brynnlaw
    - Almateria's Restoration Project.

The mod author however says they are *probably* compatible:
    https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30399-imoen-4-ever-compatibility-notes/page/2/

Is there a specific reason they're marked as incompatible in the install tool?

P.S. Why doesn't this thread appear in the General forum (nor in Recent discussions)?
    Many mods (those listed are among them) determine the further development of their plot based on the player's motivation to go the Spellhold

See details here

In case the option to rescue Imoen is missing, the path in the other mod is closed.
    E.g. In Fading Promises the friendship/romance path will become unavailable.
    In the case of Shadows over Soubar as another example, the whole mod becomes inaccessible. The quest givers will leave because you are a bhaalspawn seeking revenge and not one acting out of friendship and loyalty.

It is more than fair to warn you about this prior installation I guess.

• Thank you for the clarification, as always. 
    Could you also explain why Back to Brynnlaw and Almateria's Restoration Project are marked as incompatible?
  • Blash said:
    Thank you for the clarification, as always. 
    Could you also explain why Back to Brynnlaw and Almateria's Restoration Project are marked as incompatible?
    Sorry, there is a list of over 20 mods that have similar compatibility issues. I do not recall every detail of every mod, but those are mods that go beyond a simple "Why do you want to go to Spellhold" while Imoen stands right beside you. Those are all mods where the impact is deeper than just cosmetic.
    I have not listed mods that just have a simple dialogue inconsistency because that would be a far longer list and not worth caring about, I assume when you play such a mod you are willing to accept such immersion issues.

You have convinced me already that I should remove that mod. Install Tool in general does not support game conversion mods and this one probably falls into that category like Never Ending Journey or Classic Adventures or the likes.
  • Come on.. I think leaving it red might be enough..