REgion of terror: inn drink list

Hi,

The innkeeper has a drink which is wrong stringref:

I found which Stringref it is: it is #66372, aka:

Depuis des générations, ce bâton magique est séparé de la Pointe d'Ixil, la tête de la lance légendaire. Cependant, même incomplet, cet artéfact n'en conserve pas moins une grande puissance.

PARAMÈTRES

TAC0 : +4
Dégâts : 1D6 +4
Type de dégâts : Perforant
Poids : 5
Facteur de Vitesse : 6
Compétence : Lance
Type d'arme : à 2 mains
Force nécessaire : 5

And from there, I found that the store is file Wechad.sto .

If it's only a bug by me: my next question to those who use this mod and have correct string ref, which drink should it be? (stringref number?)

If that's for everyone, then this is a bug report.

Greetings,

Comments

• It is a bug, I have a wrong line too.
    Can you tell me where that inn is located (Townname?)
  • I propose this fix
    Drink 4 string 14761
    Drink5  string 14762
  • I forgot to say
    Changing a sto file is not visible in game unless you go back to a save before you first talked to the owner.
    Other possibility is to edit baldur.sav in a savegame by removing the sto-file from the list you see in NI when you decompress the sav.
  • Town name is westchar
  • Here is a repair.
    However to have it work in game, see my previous post about saves - sto-files are in saves similar to are-files after you visited them.
    The easiest way is to open the sav-view of a savegame, decompress the list, find the sto and delete it, compress again and save. This way it was never visited and when you open it now, it will grab the modified version.
  • The final fight with the mage Emanath ends when he dies.
    GOod loot, apparently.

"Apparently" because... I will have to do it again: after the mage dies, the scene transitions to the house in like 2 s... I didn't have time to loot. So... another 30' battle.
    Is that adequate?
    If the loot must not be taken, ... why does he exist ?

Otherwise, can't the time before transition be increased?

Greetings,
  • The only usable item he drops is Ultimas.itm
    He also drops a cloak that has no special effects and a spell you cannot use.

The script gives you a delay of 30 to pick it up. It is one of those instances where a cutscene timer in EE has a different effect than in the classic game.

I remember that I have seen it myself in my last game but did not care because the loot from the guy is anyway crap. (Just cheat yourself the item to check it out...)
  • I redid the fight - and (re?) discovered the power of "protection against magic" scrolls. I think i never used  those scrolls.

You say I cannot use the spell, but hum I wa able to learn it... didn't try to use it yet since I cannot yet cast level 9 spells.

I'll check later.

The staff is not so bad, with a 5% chance to cast the spell centered on the wearer and the robe is interesting (50% protection against all elements is not bad at all but AC is not very good).

• LordSith said:
    I redid the fight - and (re?) discovered the power of "protection against magic" scrolls. I think i never used  those scrolls.

You say I cannot use the spell, but hum I wa able to learn it... didn't try to use it yet since I cannot yet cast level 9 spells.

I'll check later.

The staff is not so bad, with a 5% chance to cast the spell centered on the wearer and the robe is interesting (50% protection against all elements is not bad at all but AC is not very good).

Does the staff work for you. You kill yourself with it, or not?

• edited March 12
    I'll try that as soon as i start gaming.
    Edit:
    - i can use the staff. I did not trigger the ultima spell 5% chance) so either it isn't implemented or it i had no luck
    - i gave XP to myself to learn level 9 and cast the ultima spell; it seems to work.