Dragon receives scroll... animation of teleport starts and ends... and dragon is still there

hi,

I have given the scroll to dragon.
animation of teleportation was done.

dragon still here:

Is it normal? I guess not, because he becomes red if i think something from its lair and the chest remains unopenable.

Edit: well, i would like to erase this post because... it's scripted and a dialogue starts when talking to dragon...
but I can't.

Edit: oh well, a fedex quest. It's rare in BG.

Comments

• LordSith said:

Edit: oh well, a fedex quest. It's rare in BG.
    You think so? There is more to it

- at least if you talked to the headless ghost in the other cave.

• Yes I had to choose between them. I choose the dragon because I don't want it to destroy BG by rage so better send him away. Too bad i couldn't do anything for the ghost.

But at the point I posted, it was mostly map=>map=>map without new interactions on the road. Choices arrived later.
  • LordSith said:
    Yes I had to choose between them. I choose the dragon because I don't want it to destroy BG by rage so better send him away. Too bad i couldn't do anything for the ghost.

But at the point I posted, it was mostly map=>map=>map without new interactions on the road. Choices arrived later.
    Hint

If you give the item to the ghost, he will tell you his and Balduran's story. If you talk to him again, he will ask you to be merciful and lay him to his final rest like a hero. From his corpse you can take the skull and go from there...

• edited February 27

Oh well, I guessed wrong then :D. I thought

that the ghost would disappear because the body was made whole, and that I wouldn't be able to get the head back.

• Could you explain exactly how to face this dragon matter? I'm in a month old no reload game and I'm quite scared not to do the right thing with a dragon.. can I avoid a fight? How?
  • edited March 30
    Blash said:
    Could you explain exactly how to face this dragon matter? I'm in a month old no reload game and I'm quite scared not to do the right thing with a dragon.. can I avoid a fight? How?
    There is no need to fight the dragon, in fact it is the less rewarding option. You need a very special transportation scroll to get the dragon out of the cave and to freedom. The parts needed are a "normal" transportation scroll that you can buy at a number of places around BG1 and the skull of a pirate (the pirate still "remembers" caves along the Sword Coast suitable for a dragon). However, the same skull is also needed for the headless ghost in the neighbouring area. The dilemma is to decide in how to use the skull - the ghost or the dragon.
    In fact, you can solve both riddles if you first solve the headless ghost quest and afterwards talk to him once more. He asks you to lay him to eternal rest by killing him in an honest fight. If you do, you can again pick up his skull and use it for the dragon quest. (In order to learn about the skull you first need to encounter the unsuccessful attempt that was described in the very first post of this topic.)

• Thank you! Dialogue and diary only mention this "special" teleportation scroll. No mention of the skull nor where to search for it..
  • Blash said:
    Thank you! Dialogue and diary only mention this "special" teleportation scroll. No mention of the skull nor where to search for it..
    Hey, this is a quest...you have to find out first about that skull of course. Investigate at the appropriate places how a teleportation scroll might be enhanced. Then count two and two together.

• Yeah, you're right  :smile:
  • edited June 11
    So I have another scroll, i have the skull, but the dragon refuses to talk to me, just says he has nothing to say to me. The fisherman on the cove also doesn't have any dialogue, but I don't get a message of him not having anything to say the dialogue option just doesn't work for him. Am I missing something or do I need something else to get the dragon to talk to me again?
    Edit: didn't realize I had to talk to someone again to get more direction, figured it out