Need help

Comments

• Thanx. Had an autosave before I went into that place so will continue from there tomorrow. 
  • My question is - many large mods require BP-BGT-Worldmap, but as it turned out in EET, it is impossible to select the Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well component. As a result, Throne of Bhaal objects are not displayed on the map. How to solve this problem?
  • EET uses the single worldmap throughout, i.e. the ToB map is never used in the game. The only exception is during the city chapters of SoD, where the revised BG City map from SoD is used. When you transit to ToB, you still use the large worldmap you had before (including the status of which areas you have visited). You can go back to any BG1 or BG2 area from ToB.
  • edited May 15
    I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or if i should start a new one.

In the wedding quest of Check the bodies, my game always crashes on the initial dialogue. When you just get there and the wedding speech starts, at one point Saerk Farrahd reaches this dialoge:

You all know my business partner, Master Yusef.  I have discoursed with him on many occasions, and over the last few months have realized that this young man is indeed an intellegent, witty, charasmatic, polite and refined enough to join hands with my daughter.

At which point my game crashes. Is there any way to skip the dialog or should i just skip the quest? Doesn't seem to be a big one.

Second one, i'm experiencing the dreaded lag/stuttering, and I would really appreciate if there is a way to chack what is causing it. The game is only playable thanks to the mod that auto-hastes the party out of combat, cause otherwise walking around would be unbearable. I did notice one place I had to absolutely avoid (Red Wizards in Waukeen promenada, from Neera's quest) because entering there caused massive lag/stuttering in a permenent manner, even after killing all enemies, finishing the quest and leaving. should i make a thread about it?

• I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or if i should start a new one.

In the wedding quest of Check the bodies, my game always crashes on the initial dialogue. When you just get there and the wedding speech starts, at one point Saerk Farrahd reaches this dialoge:

You all know my business partner, Master Yusef.  I have discoursed with him on many occasions, and over the last few months have realized that this young man is indeed an intellegent, witty, charasmatic, polite and refined enough to join hands with my daughter.
    At which point my game crashes. Is there any way to skip the dialog or should i just skip the quest? Doesn't seem to be a big one...
    Obviously you play the old bugged version of CtB...it uses the word debutante with french symbol in the next dialogue line which of course crashes the game.

The quest has several issues like that and also journal entries that crash it. Since all of it is dialogue based I cannot say which sense it makes to skip a particular one, but you can try.
    While in the area (ar0504) and prior to the dialogue that crashes for you enter into console
    C:SetGlobal("CbWeddingDialogPartOne","AR0504",11) then talk to Yusef.
  • edited May 15
    Yup, its a year-old installation I came back to :p. I'm not sure if mods can be updated on a megamod installation, altough i might try to do it manually for the biggest ones, what do you think? On this particular case, i just edited the conflicted dialogue with NearInfinity and seems to be working so far

Any idea about the lag/stuttering?

Thanks for your help!
  • Yup, its a year-old installation I came back to :p. I'm not sure if mods can be updated on a megamod installation, altough i might try to do it manually for the biggest ones, what do you think? On this particular case, i just edited the conflicted dialogue with NearInfinity and seems to be working so far

Any idea about the lag/stuttering?

Thanks for your help!
    I would definitely advise against changing/updating any mods at this stage, especially not any of the big ones that are right at the beginning of the installation chain.
    Most of their content is optional, so you can always leave or skip a quest that is bugged and just move on to other things.

• Yup, that's what I tought, a few times going through the files on nearinfinity saved my game. Looking around i saw a stuttering debug tool, do you know if its compatible with megamod installation?
  • Anibal_PCR said:
    Yup, that's what I tought, a few times going through the files on nearinfinity saved my game. Looking around i saw a stuttering debug tool, do you know if its compatible with megamod installation?
    Yes it is.
    You install it like a mod at the end of your installation (only if you need it). It provides you with additional information about which scripts are running (and maybe repeating and thus causing stuttering) while you play. You evaluate that information and then uninstall the tool again because you would not have the additional information to be displayed permanently.
    Note - the tool does NOT debug the game, it gathers information for you to debug.
  • edited May 17
    Everytime I want to leave Bremen I get this message that I should talk to that guy in the tent before I leave. But I have already spoken to him (he told me about Drizzt weapons). 
  • edited May 17
    I have spoken to all people I can find in Bremen (the depressed people) but nothing seems to happen. 

How do I make the time moves faster? Need to go to Matthew Wyndons house at midnight and now its hour 21. 
  • Ztartrax said:
    I have spoken to all people I can find in Bremen (the depressed people) but nothing seems to happen. 

How do I make the time moves faster? Need to go to Matthew Wyndons house at midnight and now its hour 21. 
    You can advance by one hour by hitting CTRL+T, you can repeat for another hour.

• edited May 17
    Ztartrax said:
    Everytime I want to leave Bremen I get this message that I should talk to that guy in the tent before I leave. But I have already spoken to him (he told me about Drizzt weapons). 
    The bug was fixed in the recent update but it probably came too late for you.
    Try
    C:SetGlobal("Youcanleavenow","GLOBAL",1) and then talk to the guard at the northern exit gate.

• edited May 17
    Just when I thought I was done with all Drizzt quests I got summoned to the "Spirit soaring" and some demons who has taken over. 

Have found where the summonings happened and keept Lucas alive, he wont talk to me and nothing happens. Found someone named Deneir but cant talk to him either. 
  • Ztartrax said:
    Just when I thought I was done with all Drizzt quests I got summoned to the "Spirit soaring" and some demons who has taken over. 

Have found where the summonings happened and keept Lucas alive, he wont talk to me and nothing happens. Found someone named Deneir but cant talk to him either. 
    What value do you get for
    C:GetGlobal("CQuestActive","GLOBAL")

• I get "1 function arguments expected near"
  • Ztartrax said:
    I get "1 function arguments expected near"
    Then there is a typo in your input.

• is it SetGlobal or GetGlobal? 
  • Ztartrax said:
    is it SetGlobal or GetGlobal? 
    Get - we want to know what the value is.

• After installing the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod, a block was found in the map_mods_trans.tra file
    // SoD Areas
    @ BD4000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444154>"
    @ BD1000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444151>"
    @ BD2000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444152>"
    @ BD3000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444153>"
    @ BD5000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444155>"
    @ BD0010 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444156>"
    @ BD7000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458679>"
    @ BD7100 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458680>"
    @ BD7200 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458681>"
    @ BD7300 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458682>"
    @ BD7400 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458683>"
    What could be the reason for such an error? And how can this be fixed? This is a common mistake in the Russian language version of the game. All other lines in this file are displayed correctly.
  • edited May 17
    Serdrick said:
    After installing the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod, a block was found in the map_mods_trans.tra file
    // SoD Areas
    @ BD4000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444154>"
    @ BD1000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444151>"
    @ BD2000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444152>"
    @ BD3000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444153>"
    @ BD5000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444155>"
    @ BD0010 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 444156>"
    @ BD7000 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458679>"
    @ BD7100 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458680>"
    @ BD7200 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458681>"
    @ BD7300 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458682>"
    @ BD7400 = "<Invalid ### Strref ### 458683>"
    What could be the reason for such an error? And how can this be fixed? This is a common mistake in the Russian language version of the game. All other lines in this file are displayed correctly.
    This appears in my (English) installations as well but has no impact in game. When you install EET, the SoD areas are imported as well, together with their string references. EET adds those to the map_mods_trans.tra and they appear correctly in the game when you play EET. Otherwise they are irrelevant. It appears that EET loads the related strings in real time when you start the game. What you see are the placeholders for it.

• Thanks for the explanation.
  • C:GetGlobal("CQuestActive","GLOBAL") gets the value 12. 
  • Ztartrax said:
    C:GetGlobal("CQuestActive","GLOBAL") gets the value 12. 
    Make sure all demons are really dead and not hiding somewhere. The one to make sure who have killed is Carethron who has the raver animation.

Also, check C:GetGlobal("Hammermeetings","GLOBAL") it cannot be 9, 10, 11, or 12

• C:GetGlobal("Hammermeetings","GLOBAL") is 5
  • For how long can I pick up Hexxat? 

I was going to pick her up but she wasnt at her usual place at the Copper Coronet. Can she be somewhere else or am I to late to pick her up now in chapter 6? 
  • Ztartrax said:
    For how long can I pick up Hexxat? 

I was going to pick her up but she wasnt at her usual place at the Copper Coronet. Can she be somewhere else or am I to late to pick her up now in chapter 6? 
    You need to pick her up before Brynnlaw.

• Then I know till next time. 

Does Sandra have any quests? I found her in the north of Umar Hills and If she has any quests I will let her join after I´ve done Anomens quests. 
  • Im looking for Sir William (Selence Hillstar quest), his servant said he´s not in town and now when I return he say something "send him my greetings when you meet him". 

Where can I find this Sir William? 
  • I found some map in the "Snake woods" and did copy it but nothing showed up at my worldmap. What is this for?