EE Game Setup Tool

How do I know if the mods are working in the game?

I used the EE Game Setup Tool to add all the big mods and quest mods but when I start up Baldur's Gate it doesn't look any different?  I haven't played in years but when I did a merge with Big World Project it merged Baldur's Gate with BGII into one big, continuous game; it doesn't seem to have done that this time.  Did I not install the correct game and/or is that not an option with the EE edition?

I also had some trouble with my install as it was purchased through Steam and was originally installed in the steamapp/common folder. I want sure how to get a clean install so I just copied the folders to a new directory on my C: drive and selected these locations for the EE Game Setup Tool.

When I use the EXE file from the folder on my C: drive it still the popup for access to the "Steam Community".

I love this game but am not great with modding; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• You can mod either BGEE or BG2EE or EET with the install tool, so which option did you use?

In case you used the EET option, you start the game with the baldur.exe in the BG2EE directory. Then you get a selection screen where you decide where you want to start your game. For a complete continuous game you would select BG1 and just start in Candlekeep and then run all the way through.

If the above is not helpful, please post the files Weidu.log and Weidu-BGEE.log from your modded game directory as an attachment.
  • I chose the BG2EE/EET option in the install tool; i also had the BG1EE file path selected.

I had to re-purchase the EE versions of the games so I'm not sure if I got the trilogy but I did buy BG1EE, SoDEE and BG2EE?

I searched the game directory for Weidu-BGEE.log but it wasn't found. Would it be somewhere else?

I have attached the Weidu.log
  • I have no idea how you did whatever you did but this installation is fragmented. Most of all it does not contain EET at all and the BGEE part of the game has not been imported. It looks like you changed or interrupted something halfway through the installation. Now you have a BG2EE with some mods that are only half installed, so nothing you can really play with.

My suggestion is to delete this installation and start with fresh copies of both games.
  • I purchased the game on Steam. Can you tell me how to install clean versions outside the steamapp folder?
  • I purchased the game on Steam. Can you tell me how to install clean versions outside the steamapp folder?
    You just copy the game folders, at least with GoG like I have it, you do that.
    However, if your steam game is already modded, you just need to refresh/repair it before you make a copy.
  • Thank you.  I copied the original files before I modded them. I will make a new copy and try again. Thank you.
  • I copied the game folders to an external hard drive, exported the install tool to the new folder and then re-ran the setup tool using the Explore the EET World compilation.  I still can't find the Weidu-BGEE.log file but I have attached the Weidu.log.

When I start BG2EE there is still no option to start at Candelkeep?
  • I found something I did wrong. Need to try again.
  • edited December 2
    I copied the game folders to an external hard drive, exported the install tool to the new folder and then re-ran the setup tool using the Explore the EET World compilation.  I still can't find the Weidu-BGEE.log file but I have attached the Weidu.log.

When I start BG2EE there is still no option to start at Candelkeep?
    You modded the BGEE game only. What happened is that you selected BGEE for modding and then the compilation. So the tool used all mods in that compilation that are suitable for BGEE and installed them correctly.
    If you want EET you need to select that on the first screen in the tool and then on the second screen give the location for both games that are the sources.