Balduran Sea Tower, additional levels

Hi Roxanne, I hope this posts in the correct section.  I'm currently working through the Sea Tower areas, that Mind Flayer Dungeon (Beholder) was by far the hardest area in BG1 that I've come across, but in looking through a Beamdog post, there are other levels, like the Mind Flayer Dungeon (Doppleganger) and the Tombs of the Restless Dead, that I can't find.  It states that the Mind Flayer Dungeon (Doppleganger) level is accessed through the Sea Cave Hub, but I can't find it.  Are those areas done yet?

Comments

• edited November 22
    There was a lot of talk about various projects that wanted to do a Sea Tower mod. After all, this location is an often mentioned building in the lore about Baldur's Gate city and consequently there were many ideas to use it in a mod.
    Those discussions have nothing to do with the current mod and are all from projects that never were done.

If you did that mind flayer level after you found the key and journal in Winski's place then you finished this part of the mod. Making it VERY hard is an optional mod component, there is a light and a hard version of it you can choose from.
    Note - in SoD in Korlasz' dungeon and in the former Bhaal temple you will find a "sequel" to the mind flayers' activities if you do the side quests from SoD.

Other levels you can find are the cave with the headless ghost and the lair of the brown dragon - you may have found them already. (There are stairs up and stairs down in the area where you met Bill, the checker of invitations.)
  • Ok, thank you.  I did the Dragon quest by obtaining the Pirate Skull (Valley of the Tombs) and combining it with the Teleportation Scroll at the Sorcerous Sundries, but I'm assuming that was the Skull I was also supposed to give to the Headless Ghost?
  • cdadare said:
    Ok, thank you.  I did the Dragon quest by obtaining the Pirate Skull (Valley of the Tombs) and combining it with the Teleportation Scroll at the Sorcerous Sundries, but I'm assuming that was the Skull I was also supposed to give to the Headless Ghost?
    Yes and no
    This "dilemma" is a part of the quests, both can be solved in various ways just as you decide. There is no good or evil way supposed to be here. There is one option to solve both quests peacefully - if you give the skull to the ghost and listen to his story about Balduran and agree with him, then you can talk to him a second time and he will ask you to give him the chance to die as a warrior. After the fight you can pick up his skull again and use it for the dragon quest.