Freezes in the End of Dialogs

Hello to start I have the Problem that the Game Freezes when i end the dialog to some npcs from Region of Terror, not all npcs but a few Esath, Lorem, Hedan and the "Holy Guardian" i think (Playing in German).
Is there a easy way to locate my Problem?

to the Background I play a Mixed English/German Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy made with the EE Game Setup Tool with a Bunch of Mods (WeiDU.log attached).
I Played from Candleceep until Now (366 Ingamedays)  and didnt had this Problem.

I know that i gave not many Informations but I hope that there is a way to solve this Problem.

Comments

• This very much sounds like some problem with the German translation.  There had been issues with the mod's translation files in the past and I sent some fixes to the mod's current maintainer. It seems there is no consistent fixing going on.

Can you give me any last line of such a dialogue before it freezes? I have the suspicion that it may be related to quests for the journal, but this is just a guess.

Also, to maybe fix it in game, do you have Near Infinity?
  • It occurres when i click on the End Dialog button so its always their Last line but i write it down
  • edited October 16

Esath:
    Und bitte beeilt euch! Wenn ihr ein oder zwei Wochen wartet, mag es niemanden mehr geben, den ihr Retten könnt.

Lorem:
    Und Bitte! Braucht nicht zu lange damit...

Karte wurde aktualisiert. 

Hedan:
    Unser Schicksal liegt in Euren Händen. Bitte, rettet unser Dorf.

Heiliger Wächter:
    Ich werde auf Eure Rückkehr warten.
  • I found the Esath case. It is in fact what I suspected. After that last line there is supposed to be a journal entry and it seems that it is responsible, even if I do not see the problem.

Please go to bg2ee/override and look for the file Esath.dlg and post it here. (Or look at it yourself in Near Infinity to check action0 and action1.
  • The other dialogue files are called pladjin.dlg, lorem.dlg, hedan.dlg.
  • edited October 16
    Esath 
    Response: Und bitte beeilt Euch! Wenn Ihr ein oder zwei Wochen wartet, mag es niemanden mehr geben, den Ihr retten könnt.
    First response index: 26
    # responses: 1
    Trigger index: -1

Flags: ( Action(2) Terminates dialogue(3) Journal entry(4) Add unsolved quest(6) )
    Associated text: No such index
    Journal entry: Den Bauern helfen

Ein Bauer namens Esath sprach mich in Arlax an und bat um Hilfe fuer einige au�erhalb der Stadt liegende Farmen. Angeblich ueberfallen ganze Horden von Monstern organisiert die Hoefe, werden gar von einem geheimnisvollen Anfuehrer angetrieben. Ich versprach nun gegen diesen Hordenfuehrer vorzugehen, muss aber schnell sein. Wenn ich ein oder zwei Wochen warte koennten die Bauern bereits tot sein...
    Trigger index: 0
    Action index: 0
    Next dialogue: None
    Next dialogue state: 0

• You can try to repair it this way with Near Infinity:

(Make a backup of your dialog.tlk file for safety reasons so you do not bug your whole game if something goes wrong).

- Change NI to editing view
    - Go to response26 and double click it
    - Select the journal entry line and go to "edit" in the lower window where the text itself is displayed.
    - This opens a new window in which you can repair the corrupted German double s that causes the freeze.
    - Save the dialog.tlk repair and test it in game

• Wächter
    Response: Ich werde auf Eure Rückkehr warten.
    First response index: 62
    # responses: 1
    Trigger index: -1

Flags: ( Action(2) Terminates dialogue(3) Journal entry(4) Add unsolved quest(6) )
    Associated text: No such index
    Journal entry: Drizzt dabei helfen, seine Freunde zu finden

Die Suche nach Bruenor hat uns in eine Art aeu�ere Ebene gefuehrt. Dort trafen wir auf einen heiligen Waechter. Er haelt Wacht ueber die Stadt der "Gragha". Es gibt keinen Weg zurueck, nur vorwaerts. Um Zugang zur Stadt zu erhalten, muss ich vier Tests des Heiligen ueber mich ergehen lassen.
    Trigger index: 0
    Action index: 0
    Next dialogue: None
    Next dialogue state: 0

• So, the issue is the German "ß" that is not correctly re-formatted in the translation file for the journal entries.
    You can repair it with the method I described for the Esath dialogue in the previous post.

I will report it to Weigo87 who maintains the RoT mod. Since he is not very active recently I will also put an interim patch into the EE Install Tool that takes care of it.

There is not really a better method than the one I have described above to make quick repairs in your ongoing game. Note that you can only fix this locally yourself because the dialog.tlk file is unique to your current installation and is different from any other file in any other installation, so no way to swap them or repair them externally.
  • Thank you for the Fast help!!!!!! the sz was the Problem
  • A little Note I changed the Journal for The Pladjin.dlg saved the Dialog.tlk and now the other questgivers dont freeze the game anymore