Scripts for High Level Encounters

This discussion was created from comments split from: Ammanda's EET playthrough.

Comments

• edited August 2019
    This discussion started from the combat at the last seal in Watcher's Keep but takes a wider scope now.

I had read a little but did not find answer to my specific question.

But you can always tell me for example what is going on in your install/game. You can summon GORWOM05.cre or BEHOLD01.cre (or any other beholder .cre for which I do not know), cast Spell Shield on yourself and test.

Maybe you did not understand me. It is not my goal to discover anti beholder strategy. I would like to know is Spell Shield intended for protection from Anti-magic ray, or it is just bug. I think it is bug, thats why I would like to know and test.

Also another thing I have to ask you, maybe you can tell me more. I had try best I can to make this battle hard in, most in terms of enemy AI, lets say, make them smart. And it is really nice to have all options in scripts. For example I instruct Nalmissra when to cast Breach, when to ignore and check for next targets, etc. If SI:Abjuration is present, which blocks Breach, she will counter it with Spell Thrust which dispel SI:A just fine. She will also know when it is worth to waste Breach even if it will not burn through spell protections immediately, so I can set for example to cast Breach on intended target, if Shield of Archons is present at same time on target but was cast on lower cleric level, and not to cast if Shield of Archons is cast at higher priest level. Nice things indeed. It is possible to mod creatures to be very smart, given enough time and work.

But also some things in Near Infinity looks like incomplete. Looking at STATS.IDS and SPLSTATE.IDS, I can't find everything. Some things simply missing. I had make search on other IDS files but can't find all conditions I need/would like to use.

If there would be every state for every spell, than it would be easy to do what you want. But it looks incomplete to me, and if you have any advice what else I have to check, please let me know. I do not have any other way to learn besides my own testing. Maybe there is also some IDS files I need to check but they are not known to me.

I do not know who made this, but they did not even separate (or I can't find it) Minor version of Deflection and spell Turning. Also Globe of I., both 6 level version and minor version, is both under same effect "minorglobe", although they are not same (6 level Globe is immune to Spell Thrust, and that is big difference).

I had take a look also at some scripts of creatures I know from game, to see how it is made and maybe find this answers, but so far, I did not find anything new. If you have some creatures to suggest, which is "smart" in way to always know how to counter your spell and combat protections, just tell me and I will check their scripts until I find something new.
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • edited August 2019
    Roxanne, I have worked hard for days and days, every day learning more and more, and really completed almost this encounter (I prolonged work because I replaced Beholder with another enemy, because I can't see fit having 5 unique enimies and one which is not unique, so need little more time to finish new enemy), tuned AI to perfection (belive me, compared to SCS AI, which is not stupid like vanilla, but this is level above SCS AI). It will not make single one mistake, it will always use best choice spell for dispeling (take into account every variable, for example if one spell which is great for taking off Spell Shield depleted, it will switch to another one, which would not be used if the spell above was not depleted, etc., and many more), just like most advanced player who knows "mage chees" would do. Can't explain now everything, if you once decide to try this or take a look at scripts it would be clear to you. It would be perfectly tuned for given location, allies (I mean enemy party), and spells at disposal.

I even made 3 unique spells, with unique animations, which is only reserved for enemies to use, in specific moments in battle, so you really have feeling you are against highly smart and agressive AI who knows how to counter you at every turn.

Once I finish and polish this 100%, I can also rework another enounters, for example Irenicis at Tree of Life. Again, compared to vanilla which was crap and very easy, SCS indeed make it harder, but still.... this is far from what I heard some playes would like (at least, to remind partialy of Irenicus from cutscenes).
    True Sight, Spellstrike, and Breach, and Sandrah kills him with few blows from hammer. SO much about great badass level 30 mage. I mean, I can rework this to much higher level. There would not be "tougher encounters" and similar mods or components, if there is no number of people who like to install and play it.

If I rework this (Irenicus, and encounter after that) as I intend, and I'm 99% sure I'm able, I would give one proposal for you. I would really like to contribute. Hope you would be interested. And if you would, I suggest we separate this for another thread, because this one is about my playthrough.

But, regardless of text above, I have one problem with encounter I now work, one simple problem, which so far I can't figure out. And I think it maybe has nothing with my work with scripts, because similar problem happen to melee enemies (and I did not modify their scripts, just stats and items). I would ask you for help, let me know if you want me to explain. Tnx!
  • So far I will post 4 screenshoots, so you can see at least their new HP stats, and also their icons, although it will never be visible in normal play unless you CTRL+Q, but I find it cool. I'm sure all of you will easily figure out who is who.

On picures, you will see Imoen have 1200+HP. Do not get confused, that is given just for testing purposes, as Aura cleansing and +10 spell casting speed.

Picture of cat is there just for fun, it was for Beholder, but plan was to find proper icon, but I give up on idea to have Beholder in this encounter, and she will be replaced with that black winged demon. She will have less HP, but trust me, you will wish beholder stayed in place. She will be very agressive and magicaly capable (to kill you, and to properly protect herself, so HP mean little). She also have two special spells.
    One is just for estetic, meaning her stoneskin works as normal stoneskin (she is 20+ level mage, so 10 stone skins she have), but do not put gray look at her. Her skin looks like she do not have it (so pay attention to read who cast what).
    Another spell is do some degree similar to Beholder Anti-magic ray, but will not put you in anti magic ray state (so you can immidiately be targeted), and she will fire it only when need to dispel some buffs from you (if you are hit, it dispel everything you have, only Spell Shield protects, but she is very well aware of it), which she consider worth (I work also on IDS list to cover in every detail). Unlike beholder, who fire it all time.
    Her "anti-magic ray" is called Unholy strike. What else you can expect from demonic race. You can see on pictures how effect looks. I lasts just for second.

Ameralis (drow cleric) have Unholy deflection, which she will cast mostly when your Breach is on fly to her. Do not think she will allow easily to be taken down. She can maintain that unholy state for just very short period. But why she is afraid to be Breached? Oh, she have plenty of interesting things she need to protect - Blade barrier, Globe of blades, Entropy shield, Physical mirror, Aura of flaming death, Armor of faith...

As you can notice from screenshoot, she casts Unholy deflection and Entropy shield right after that. Because she assume you plan to attack. Entropy shield gives some immunities and +6 AC bonus.

If she already happen to have Entropy shield, she would not do it. She would cast only Unholy deflection.

There is Entropy shield in SPELLSTATES, but casting that spell do not properly set up player in Entropy shield spell state. I fixed that, but it should be reported to owners of mod (SCS or IWDication, that is their spell).

She will also resort to using it more frequently (Unholy deflection), even if lasts just for moments, if she is in problematic situation (her magic resistance lowered, she is hurt, etc.) and you press spell attacks on her. Because that shield also block spells 1-5, plus Bolt of Glory. This is maybe most annoying enemy. Besides that new spell, she uses many high level cleric spells very agressive to protect herself and it is really hard to expose her to melee damage. Whatever approach you take, she will have proper counter. At offense, she is maybe even more annoying.

Nalmissra for example now do not just cast Charm Male (very problematic spell) and Charm Female (I fixed bug where she did not understand to stop charming again and again player which for example have Helm of Charm protection, which render that spell useless). Now in addition, she uses teleport (without error) more agressive if she calculate it is worth to melee attack some of your players (and she level drain and stat drain, but that was already included before me).
    Biggest addition - as she is charmer, demonic succubus, her role is to make you weaker, more exposed.. and she will play that role very well.
    She now have Spell Thrust, Breach, Lower Resistance, Greater Malison (which she will fire on minor globe, but never on normal Globe), and Secret word. She is also very well aware what Spell shield do (it also cause problems for winged black demon) so she will give it big priority to cover her party. Way she combines and use these spells (which is not high level, just low to mid levels spells) is made to perfection. That is the biggest power of this "new AI".

There will be no way to cheese them. Traps won't work. Massing Skull traps spell won't work. Attacking at moment creature spawn (so script even do not have time to cast their intended protection) won't work.
    Winged unholy mage is well aware of Scroll of protection from Magic, it won't help you much (unless you killed her).
    They are immune to basic stat drain. They are immune to Imprisonment. Only way to win is to have highly prepared party and TACTICAL approach, and watch for every detail what happens.

Xei Win Toh, aside of other improvements, now it is not useless if you just cast Protection from magical weapons. Her off-hand sword will still hit, and it inflict BLEEDING damage over some short period. You do not want your mage to be hit with ton of damage Xei is capable of, plus suffer chance for bleeding damage which will probably disrupt your spellcasting.

But again, biggest improvement lies in their AI and desicions of using spells and abilities, not increased stats and immunities. Everything will be clear once I finish this and other encounters, and learn to compose a mod.
    This would be perfect for players who like challenge, like me. And with all other mods, there are new spells, many new powerfull items, mods for stacking protective rings, etc.

They will take everything into account before deciding which spell to cast on who.. saving throws, magic resistance, other resistance, do you have dring potion of Magic Blocking or not, do you have items which grants immunity, do you have Spell Immunity, do you have Fire shield (Ameralis now, just like in vanilla version, casts Insect plague), your magic damage resistance, etc. To the least detail. Ameralis even won't cast Insect plague on you if you have protection from Normal weapons (very unlikely you will use that spell here :D )

After I check with Roxanne about something with their team behavior, I will post more about what is worked, and all details about enemies, on this improved encounter. So far, this is enough.

• Ok, now about problem with them.

Sometimes, so far from testings which is done, looks like problem happens in case they slaughter part of your party, and another part was not in fight, or retreated from fight before the first part was killed. They suddenly become inactive.

Not fully inactive, they still respect their scripts and behaviour, but only in their visual range, and they do not coordinate with each other. But they do not chase you anymore.

Melee enemies will chase you more, but again, that is because they have nothing else to do, their individual scripts say so in case they see you. But they only chase you to point when they did see you last time. Casters almost never make a step, because they will fire a spell when see you.

This must be resolved, because if this happen in somebody play, it is not good. In that case all of them which is alive do not help each other, and most likely will be alone and much easier to kill.

When everything progress normal and this problem do not happen, they chase you all over the map and pressure you all time.

Of course, I was thinking did I make some mistake in some scripts, but for example, I did not touch scripts of fighters. Xei Win Toh, Ytossi, and Huntress script remain the same. I only reworked scripts of other 3. But problem happen for all of them.

They all have same override script which is probably call for helps (I did not inspect it much, but it is very small script). I will now try to attach it here, so you can check it out.

I had try to clear out that script (later I put everything back as it was), so it stops work, but same continue to happen.

Problem is there even if I spawn just one of them via console. If she chase and kill somebody, there is chance that after that she will become "inactive".

I will do more testing to try to determine what exactly cause this to happen, than maybe I will figure out where to look and fix.

Any help is welcome about this.
  • Override script is GRPSHT01.BCS

I can't attach it here, it say "file is not allowed". Because it is small I will copy script into notepat document and attach it here now.
  • Now I spawned another creature there, which have nothing with the 6 you encounter. Beholder, normal one, not Hive mother. Same behaviour. He will chase first player he see and attack. After that player is killed, he just stay there, attack only when somebody comes in range, but do not chase and move at all.

Looks like I miss some basic things...
  • Did you try something like
    IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    !See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    OR(2)
    !See(Player2)
    !Range(Player2,15)
    HPGT(Player2,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player2)
    END
    Just a very simplified example. You may extend this with more adequate conditions. The general idea is that the cre would move to one of your survivors. May be need to copy it for other players. Anyway there is no real way to detect that the playerx checked is not dead already.

• Ok I will extend this and try. All in override script (that is same for all), not individual one?
  • Ammanda said:
    Ok I will extend this and try. All in override script (that is same for all), not individual one?
    I would put such things to a lower slot, race or general. It is supposed to do something when your override just lets them stand idle.
  • Ok I will make new one and try it at race or general.

Tell me, is this override script broken anyway? Because call for helps do not work. When they become idle, you attack one of them, others do nothing.
  • Ammanda said:
    Ok I will make new one and try it at race or general.

Tell me, is this override script broken anyway? Because call for helps do not work. When they become idle, you attack one of them, others do nothing.
    I cannot read it. You need to put the original bcs file into zip or rar and attach it.
  • Will do.

So far, I had try to make new Race script as you suggested, and covered conditions for all 6 players. But that change nothing. Reasons can be, or something in my install is broken, or they do not consider their action list empty. Lines are pretty simple and I see no reason why they do not try to search for me.

Exactly I notice one thing. They will "lock on" players they see in moment they spawn, and will chase them (and if I could make them chase all of you everywhere like that, it would be perfect). They won't give up, if you run or even CTRL+J whey are coming for you. But once these players are killed, they comes into "idle" state and just wait. Will attack if you come into range but will not follow, nor others will react if you attack one of them.

I have feeling there is more of a problem. Because for example, spellcaster like Ameralis will in normal conditions not just stay in place and cast spells or throw energy blades, she do it, but also make moves. She combine all. After they come into "idle", and you come into visual range, she will just cast spells, but will not move.
  • Here is their override script, in RAR.
  • Ammanda said:
    Here is their override script, in RAR.
    The script has been amended by a couple of mods, I think at least Rogue Rebalancing and SCS.
    You need to check if all the different call for help e.g. Shout(ASSIST) actually appear in Shoutids.ids.
    And even if, there is no Heard(ASSIST) and defined reaction in the script, so unless it is in another script of the bunch, how can there be any reaction?
  • I have also another one EET install, just for testing, I was intersted to see which component would be needed for this encounters and which could be in conflict. Another install miss Devine Remix, but have Spell Revisions. Anyway, same problem happen there (and that scripts there I did not touch).
  • Copy of SHOUTIDS.IDS

123 HEALME
    124 ASSIST
    125 ALERT
    126 SOLAR_STANCE
    99 HELPME
    1 ATTACK1
    2 LEAVE2
    3 HELP3
    5 HELP5
    6 HELPGOND
    7 HELPFLAM
    8 HELPAMN
    24 HELP24
    33 FLEETHIEVES
    50 GOAWAY
    57 HELP57
    68 SUM_ATTACK_GOOD
    69 SUM_ATTACK_EVIL
    79 HELP79
    80 HELPARCHER
    81 FLEEARCHER
    82 COMEARCHER
    83 HELP83
    89 ATTACK89
    100 HELP100
    101 HELP101
    111 WARNALARM
    115 HELP_ALIBAKKAR
    116 HELP_LURRAXOL
    121 HELP121
    122 HELP122
    151 HELP_ME_GROUP151
    152 ATTACK_MAGE
    153 HELP_ME_GROUP153
    154 FLEE_FROM_MAGE
    155 ATTACK_MAGE
    199 HELPME_DRUIDS
    1001 POISONED
    2024 SEE_ENEMY
    2001 HELP
    152 DEAD_MEAT

• Shout and Heard lines from override, and invidial scripts definitely do not match.
  • Ammanda said:
    Shout and Heard lines from override, and invidial scripts definitely do not match.
    I am no expert for this issue but my understanding is that it is call + response type. You hear a call for help from the group you belong to e.g. HELP_ALIBAKKAR and you help those guys. If I belong to HELP_LURRAXOL I would not assist those even if I hear their call. And of course there needs to be a reaction defined.
  • edited August 2019
    IF there was not problem with they go "idle" I would never question that override call for help script, because when they fight properly they really do as a team and press you all together. I had seen it is small script and it is same for all of them so I just assumed it is OK to be there, in case they need these call for helps. Wound not ever suspect script is broken.

Best thing to do is, just like with their individual scripts, that I take time, do research, comparisons, inspect others similar scripts from some "more hot" encounters, learn, and after I feel I get it all, to make this from scratch. It is anyway small script. If I was able to learn and tune their combat, protection, spellcasting, etc., scripts and make them really capable and inteligent, than there is no reason I would be unable to repeat same here, about call for helps. From now on, about call for helps, I take this on myself and will not stop until I learn perfectly and make it work (and I need it, for other encounters I will probably rework in future).

That is one thing. Another is I have to finish this 100%. It would be already over probably if I did not decide to replace beholder with another enemy, but that is no problem, that is most enjoying part of work.
    Btw. everybody who read this is free to suggest name for new enemy (which replaces Beholder), because I have so much other more complicated things to do. And I have no idea at moment. Every suggestion is welcome, but it must be unique. Like like other 5 have unique.

And now last thing which concerns me, and I think it have nothing to do with call for help broken script, is they go "idle". Just tested. Nalmissra will always melee and level drain charmed enemy, but after she kill somebody and go idle, bring her next enemy to charm him, and she will do nothing, just stand. That is another big problem I have to figure out and it must lie in their individual scripts, I have no other idea, because even in another install, where I did not touch scripts, same problem persist.

They really perform perfect, until the moment they go in "idle" state. There must be something, maybe killing an enemy raise some Local which is needed or whatever, I don't know, but must find.

I will told again, same problem with ordinary Beholder (not even Hive Mother). Spawn him, he chase target. He kill target, and go to same "idle" state, will cast spell if someone comes close, but will never again chase, and never again show agression from the start.

I continue my work. If you, btw., have spare time and will, I will now attach all 6 scripts from them (not reworked, but in original state, before I started to work on them). If you, or anybody else discover anything usual, please let me know. It is again RAR file containing 6 scripts.
  • I would not waste time on the Help Shout issue for this case anyway. They all spawn close together and are already hostile on arrival anyway, so the whole concept is pretty irrelevant for this encounter. You cannot sneak up on one of them without the others not noticing it in the first place, so what...
  • Yes, if somebody decide to fight them around spawn place to life or death. But if you separate your party, or lost some party member during fight/retreating, than they will become sleepy and stuck at places they are at that moment. Area is not so small. Trust me I tested this many times. In many cases they end up separated, and as that, easy target. Everything lose sense then.

And even if I solve call for help perfectly, I think that is not whole problem. I must inspect and find why after killing somebody they stop moving and chasing (be it spawned as 6, or via console as 1, problem is same).
  • edited August 2019
    Roxanne, looks like your first idea works. Let me test more to confirm. But some of them, who have new script in override, perform OK. I place my party all over the map, and they comes and kill them one by one.

Nalsmirra even continue to level drain and kill charmed enemies, one after another she find.

Override script so far looks just simple as this (I mean, I made new script which include only this, nothing from other override scripts) : 

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player1,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player1)
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player2,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player2)
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player3,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player3)
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player4,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player4)
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player5,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player5)
    END

IF
    ActionListEmpty()
    HPGT(Player6,0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveToObject(Player6)
    END

But even if this comes to work, there is still few things I have to check. Maybe !See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)) is not ideal. We will see.
  • I give all of them this new simple script, and they will now chase you no matter what. In moment they approach you, they press and attack just like on start. In other words, just like I intended to make this encounter - they do not let you breath for a moment.

It now works, but it wasns't working while it was mixed with garbage from old override script. Now with this simple lines it works well.

And I think it is good. They will never leave battle and go chase some distant enemy, simply because script do not allow them. ActionListEmpty() and !See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)) will force them to not take any action on chasing, but perform things from their individual scripts.

And I question myself now, is in addition to this, really any call for helps needed? Beacause they will press you all over around anyway. It is not situation you are in Cloakwood mines and some guard notice and attack you, so he need to shout and call for help (and that indeed is great improvement). This now is some kind of arena, and they are spawned clearly to fight you to death.

Worst what can happen is they separate their forces to battle on two fronts, if you do so. If that is weakness for them, than it is also for player. It would not make sense for one group to leave one front while taking fire, just to help other on other front. I think this is OK.
  • One more question. What exactly is SpellNoDec action ? I mean, I can see it casts spell, but what is difference? I very rarely see that compared to Spell, ForceSpell, etc.
  • edited August 2019

Ammanda said:
    One more question. What exactly is SpellNoDec action ? I mean, I can see it casts spell, but what is difference? I very rarely see that compared to Spell, ForceSpell, etc.
    The spell will not be removed from the caster's memory although it needs to follow normal restrictions e.g. level or interruption, while ForceSpell is cast even if not in the caster's repertoire and will not be interrupted.
  • Ah, great to know.

About forcing, that I already figured out. Although do not know exact difference between ReallyForceSpell and just ForceSpell. Both Works. There is also ApplySpell, but I used that rarely and do not know exactly difference.

For lines which ends with RES, that I already understand, and used my custom made spells that way.
  • Ammanda said:
    Ah, great to know.

About forcing, that I already figured out. Although do not know exact difference between ReallyForceSpell and just ForceSpell. Both Works. There is also ApplySpell, but I used that rarely and do not know exactly difference.

For lines which ends with RES, that I already understand, and used my custom made spells that way.
    In scripts like these I would always use RES, even for spells that appear in spell.ids because in modded games you can be sure that always the right spell triggers even if spell.ids is tweaked.
  • Ammanda said:
    Ah, great to know.

ReallyForceSpell casts immediately ignoring normal casting time.

• Ammanda said:
    Ah, great to know.

ApplySpell has no casting animation and uses the lowest power version of the spell, it just "applies" its effects without actually doing any casting.
  • Yes I can rework all of that in this component, it is not big deal. But there is still many confusing things in my mind.

When you release mod or some component, is it possible to, except the major mod you work, to do additioanal things, like patch these IDS lists. If your install detects there is for example Divine Remix present, than use script I prepared for that case. Than I need to add lines in spells to activate SPELL STATE - for example GREAT SHIELD OF LATHANDER. At this moment, it do have nothing! Not even included in Breach priority or weapon enchantment or however they call their generalised lines. Not to mention it does not have its own spell state. It is work of few minutes and I have done it on my PC and install. Works without problem. You have that shield which is something like Protection from Magical weapons +100MR. Breach dispels that (if there is no higher spell protections or SI_Abj., without problem.

For example. After long and stressful trying to separate MINORGLOBE stat, I give up and simply modified spells. Now minor Globe had its line in SPLSTATE, and bigger Globe have its own line there. Things like that enable me to tuning "perfect AI". I can't do it if I do not have proper trigger conditions. They even did not bother do separate Globes.

One protects from Greater Malison, one not. One is dispelable by Spell Thrust, one not. And more it can be said. It is not same spell, damn, and SCS did not bother in their scripts about it. They just use or not use !CheckStatGT(MINORGLOBE). Jesus.

Entropy shield have state in IDS, but spell do not activate that state, so it is broken. I fixed it in my install, in few minutes.

I think it is NOT FAIR to deprive overall enemy AI of such informations, not to mention my special encounters. At least, they can give it some priority to dispel. Because, it have impact on game, it is not unimportant, it is high level spells which makes big difference, and can be dispeled. AI is not aware of what you have and it gives you unfair adventage.

Anyway, I do not care if they are lazy or not have time to tune all to proper details. I would like to know, is it possible, when you release some mini-mod or component, that at same time your install, also patch IDS, and finally have conditions for your fine tunes scripts to work proper way.

That means, example, someone choose also IWDification mod to install (I like it, it brings good new spells which makes priest more valuable). My mod detects there is IWD spell packs. IDS files are patched for some states. At given spells, are added spell states, so I can exactly tell "my" fighters from encounters, what to do, properly and fair. Everybody happy in the end.

I'm not taking anything from anybody or changing that. I just want spell states and similar to work in detail and fair, so your AI stop to be blind to presence of these spells.

Now there SCS scripts just say "hey there is Chaotic Commands". But you installed Divine Remix Chaotic Commands are replaced with Impregnable Mind (better spell).

It doesn't make sense for script to have -block action if there is CC. You cast Impregnable Mind, and you are fine. In some way, I see that as cheating or using exploits. Because creature is exactly instructed not to cast spell if enemy have Chaotic Commands, and creature respects that. But it is not aware of Impregnable Mind. So you use Impregnable Mind, they keep casting spell which have no effect on you, over and over again. That is unfair. And Impregnable Mind also can be taken down by Breach, but they do not cover that (if I'm not mistaken).

Now, I do not care how they will handle it. What is point of my question. If we release anything in future, can I cover thing such as that? To add proper spell states both at spells and SPLSTATE (both original spells and spells from mods), so my scripts work 100% as it is intended. It they are not willing to patch it, let me do it, at least, when using my mod.

One more thing. Take a look conditions for Ytossi to use Remove Magic. It is well known it ignores spell protections, meaning Spell protections have nothing with RM. It igrones each other.

OR(6)
    CheckSpellState(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BUFF_PRO_WEAPONS)
    CheckSpellState(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE)
    CheckSpellState(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BUFF_PRO_SPELLS)
    CheckSpellState(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BUFF_PRO_EFFECTS)
    CheckSpellState(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),BUFF_ENHANCEMENT)
    CheckStatGT(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),0,STONESKINS)

This is from Ytossi Remove Magic. No comment. And you even do not know what state exactly covers what unless you test or inspect every spell.

I think it is perfectly clear why SCS is big improvement (and they even in new version add very cool and smart things), but still..... partially superficially. You can't that way make super fine tuning and perfect AI.

My creatures are already levels above. Just need to finish all to every last detail, finish new enemy, and this part is over, I can move to next.