Cant find Caelar

edited July 20 in - Caelar
Where is Caelar in hell in part 2 ? I have been up and down the stairs for hours clicking and poking trying to figure out where in the first level of the nine hells she is.

Comments

• You went there by request of Aum? You used the pocket plane exit to get back into Avernus?
    She should be next to the seal to Dragonspear where you left her in SoD.
    If not, please post a savegame from ToB.
  • yes I went on request of her uncle and entered via the pocket plane. she is not at the portal. trying to figure out how to post a saved game now
  • edited July 20
    Does this one work ?
  • I see the issue. You chose another solution for the SoD ending. You did not let her "repent" for her deeds and accepted her offer to stay and close the seal after you left with Aum.
    Anyway...
    Try the attached save.
  • Aha I didnt even see that option pop up...whoops!!!! thank you for the help
  • That worked like a charm. From now on I know to look for different dialog. How I missed it i dont know...thanks again !
  • I think I found a loophole in the mod and you slipped through it.
    It seems that in SoD you took the alternative option at Dead Man's Pass to go with Caelar and demask Hephernan.
    This sets a specific global and makes Aun spawn in ToB even though you left Caelar on the final battlefield.
    Global("bd_caelar_fate","global") is 3 in you game, instead of 2

For some reason I was assuming that siding with Caelar would always lead to her closing the seal after the final battle. I need to revisit this.
  • edited July 20
    Question. Was she made to have nonchangeable items ?
  • edited July 20
    elderbrain said:
    Question. Was she made to have nonchangeable items ?
    She should.

I found the issue.
    The removable flags are set for the original creature. However, in your case you now have Caelar3.cre...I need to include that version of Caelar as well to make her (original game) undroppable items replaceable as well.
  • I thank you for all my help. You are my angel. I have managed to just ee keeper her old items out that I dont want to use. I enjoy your mods. Dark Horizons is one of my must haves when doing a modded game.
  • elderbrain said:
    I thank you for all my help. You are my angel. I have managed to just ee keeper her old items out that I dont want to use. I enjoy your mods. Dark Horizons is one of my must haves when doing a modded game.
    I have looked into the issues you have. They all have the same source, namely the loophole by which you get access the Caelar rescue  through Aun even in a case where it was not foreseen by the mod.
    Thanks to your findings, I have made some minor adjustments and "your road" is now as well covered, i.e. Caelar will be move to the seal and the cre3 version will have removable items when joining.

PS - Dark Horizons is not my mod.
  • edited July 20
    Oh whoops. I swore it was....my mistake.......dont i look all kinds of stupid
  • elderbrain said:
    Oh whoops. I swore it was....my mistake.......dont i look all kinds of stupid
    This is the author of Dark Horizons and some other mods http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=2
  • Thank you for the info. I am familiar with them as well and enjoy their stuff too. Either way keep modding!!!! I would love to learn to one day.
  • Hah I think my map is bugged. I cant travel back to sod areas after agreeing to take on caelars quest. I was able to travel to BG2 areas and talk to the temple cleric. Heh I tried to move there via cheats and it triggered SOD based things......So I didnt take that route. I thinks its probably a world map issue as when i was playing SOD the castle was unreachable no matter what I did and I had to teleport there and I think that did not help this. Not sure how to fix it though. Trying to figure this stuff out myself before you all get tired of me.
  • You seem to encounter all types of strange problems that nobody else ever reported.
    It would be helpful if you could attach the weidu.log from the BG2EE folder to see which mods you selected and where all these issues may come from.

The Area to travel to with Caelar is not the Castle but Underground River (BD5000).
    Even though all SoD areas should be accessible in EET once you have regular access to the worldmap.

I looked at your worldmap from the Caelar save you provided in the other topic. It looks like none of the BG1 areas you must have visited is explored. Or did you just start your game in SoD?
  • No I played from the very start. As for strange bugs its the story of my life. I even encountered them in unmodded games. I will post a log here...

• Just a question
    You made it from Candlekeep start to ToB within a month? That is pretty fast.
    Unless you used an older save with your current installation which might explain why so many entries are missing in your save game.

Otherwise the source of all your issues seems to be the same. Content from all of BG1 and SoD is missing in your save. You have been there and met Drizzt and helped with the Gnolls, the event is logged but the area is nor visited?

Something very weird happened to your saves or something was corrupted by editing a save. There is a large amount of data missing in the baldur.sav file.

Your mod installation looks decent and there is nothing in it that would explain the oddities.
  • edited July 20
    yes I did it in a month. I am disabled and get bored, so I spend some days just playing. I bet its ee keeper.....I used it to make some npcs a bit more useful and to fix issues. I think I need to learn to use something else......can you use others to edit npc's ? Or is that what does this ?
  • yes I did it in a month. I am disabled and get bored, so I spend some days just playing. I bet its ee keeper.....I used it to make some npcs a bit more useful and to fix issues. I think I need to learn to use something else
    I know little about EE Keeper, I only used shadow keeper very early on the classic games. I use Near Infinity and recommend it to everyone who asks me.

Now that I found a trace, I see more and more evidence in your save that explains odd behaviour.
    Visiting SoD areas or BG1 areas would appear as if you never have been there because none of the changes are saved.
    Another example is Bone Hill. Globals from the plot are there, also one of the shops or spellbooks but none of the areas.
    Everything from BG1 stores and areas is missing as if you have never been there. Same for large parts of SoD. The only thing in baldur.sav is that you had the keyring. In hindsight this may also be the reason why the right version of Caelar was not there.

Good news is that this may not have much effect on your regular ToB game. Caelar seems to be the only mod you have that would require you to go back to previous areas, so probably you should kick her out and just use other NPCs.
  • edited July 20
    I will check it out and get a feel for it. As for Caelar...I found a work around and managed to complete her quest......I teleported into the underground river and went invisible and then snuck in and did it and got out......I got the whole argument and journal entry and all. you have a link for the download ?
  • I will check it out and get a feel for it. As for Caelar...I found a work around and managed to complete her quest......I teleported into the underground river and went invisible and then snuck in and did it and got out......I got the whole argument and journal entry and all. you have a link for the download ?
    There is also an encounter when you come out from the Fugue Plane again and you can have a peaceful or violent solution. I am not sure if you had this or not when being invisible.
    The remaining content of Caelar is in ToB (unless you want to see her uncle but there is no need to do so unless you kick her out and later want her back).

Just a hint - most of her dialogues are triggered by your initiative (PID) and more options appear as you talk to her. This is for the player to decide when in ToB you like to chat with your companions.

Download Link for Near Infinity
    See under "Useful Tools"
  • edited July 21
    I have been tracking and paying attention to journal updates since I had a possible belief that things were not triggering when they happened. I noticed when i went back to old areas in bg2 and Sod that my journal started updating with things I had already did....I think there is a delay in the entry causing the lack of logs from areas that you mentioned Roxanne. I think since i blazed through this one since I know the game so well.....well it did not properly log. I wanted to share this with you incase it helps others in the future.

PS. Well done on Caelar. You do a great job explaining her motives and make her less and less a villain over time. While she shows no remorse for her actions and is kind of a bitch ( Though Saravok is still a dick when redeemed), but you get why she had to do what she did. She really adds some interesting insight for Sod and its not as clear cut as to why you were fighting her, unlike Jon or Saravok. Thank you for that.