I want to make new quests with WeiDU but I don't know how.

Comments

• Eh what mod was released that uses those rotten doors?
  • edited September 2019
    OL0815.ARE and OL0816.ARE point was to give you the latest versions of those areas so we both work with the same resources; before there were old versions (metal sounding floor, solid objects instead of light obstacles etc).

Instead of removing the info point is it possible to move the boundaries of it beside the door and make it into 'sign'?

Also I have a few fears about destructive patching given that nature of weird hard choices like that door (which the original developers never had to deal with because their content was high quality and people patched over it).

I want to make a very high quality expansion that adds a lot of content and make it compatible with the big modules / mods and have the expansion be something that is patched on-top of if possible to avoid killing other people's work (as much as possible :-S).

Communication is key to resolving issues and with the other modules; to avoid conflict sprung from lack of resources. I wonder if a mutually beneficial solution can be resolved? Yet first I would have to open up an avenue of communication with the content creators. There are very few content creators, it would be a shame to be on bad terms when perhaps something greater than the sum of its parts can happen; combine forces?

I still need to add in the recipes for reforging and polish up the sea tower content (like that bridge and the water X-D).
  • WithinAmnesia said:
    OL0815.ARE and OL0816.ARE point was to give you the latest versions of those areas so we both work with the same resources; before there were old versions (metal sounding floor, solid objects instead of light obstacles etc).

Instead of removing the info point is it possible to move the boundaries of it beside the door and make it into 'sign'?

I still need to add in the recipes for reforging and polish up the sea tower content (like that bridge and the water X-D).
    I will look and integrate the new ol0815/16 files.

Moving or changing the info point was not possible due to the ambiguity of that area - this is what I tried to explain in my previous post. My solution by removing it after your character has "acknoledged" it is the way to resolve that ambiguity due to the trick that your character creates a reference within the area and thus we can manage the "NearestOf" the three identical regions.

The merchants etc were not bugged. I gave them dialogues and shops because the ones in your files were just clones of Taerom's smiths with the respective dialogues that made no sense.
  • edited September 2019
    What I did and what I did not do:
    - ar0800(BG0800) is finished, exit/entry/info/door are all working and are fully compatible with original game or any mod.
    - ol0815/16 have been updated with your improved files and are fine; the hidden merchants are now visible
    - Merchants now open the new custom shops instead of the placeholders.

Not included
    - destructive overwriting of Halbazzar store.
    - removal of ol0815 area script
    - the new encounter module. This appears to be a (tactical) encounters mod all in its own right. My proposal is to treat it as such instead of merging it into the Sea Tower mod. Development as well as testing should be done separately as the requirements of this module are different from the rest of Sea Tower.

Finally
    The new version 0.8 is available from github. You should really remove your mega.nz link, because a) it had mistakes in it, b) was not based on a current Sea Tower version c) creates a lot of confusion if we have several versions with different content floating around the internet.
  • edited September 2019
    Roxanne said:
    Not included
    - the new encounter module. This appears to be a (tactical) encounters mod all in its own right. My proposal is to treat it as such instead of merging it into the Sea Tower mod. 
    For what little I can count on I agree. A mod becomes complete and playable and you can start developing the next one. By the way I extracted for you from an abandoned mod some contents about tactical encounters that could be relevant/usable. It is completely to be verified if you feel like it
  • Oh by all means @Roxanne if You have a better way to make the door more friendly for other modules (EET) then please go for it; even if it has a few quirks:-). I am just focused on high quality is all, I am very open to as many paths to get there; iterate, iterate iterate :-D!

*Ehem* I broke the stores before by removing the EEEE (encounters) [context: older work before sharing the first Mega link with EEEE] because the module added in items that my original 'house build' relied on. I actually had it as an option then I realized it was not an option for without it the Emporium store work break x.x. I did not mention this earlier :-S.

The E.E.E.E. module is complete and requires no extra work. So I threw it is as a part of EEEE (for actually it was made for the Emporium in made for it has Drake scales which were meant to be be reforged). EEEE was actually a shortened version of the Emporium module that I wanted to get out before Christmas of 2018 :-).

Having the EEEE module included is just extra finished content to give more adventures, it like the ghost knight and Sea Tower style of work but it is already done :-D! Also it includes Xan's New Groove so.. Sea Tower + Emporium + EEEE + XNG + Ghost Nights + Hull's Sword? Hmmn extending Baldur's Gate in many directions  X-D!

The Halbazzar store was a sloppy way to remove Flail +2 'The Thresher' so to prevent a duplicate of a unique item in the Emporium. I think a script can remove the item but I am fuzzy in exact details. I would prefer a script but I lack sustainable skill in this area so I crash through with a crude solution :-S.

Yeah the Mega Link is weird, I hope to have a better link to replace it. I made it as a quick way to share the content pre-alpha but I think you are right, a standard link with the latest version would be of more value and less confusing :-).

@davide Oh yeah, I am very much interested in abandoned mods. I have also archived ~550 very old 'lost' content / mods as well :-). Please feel free to suggest any extra bits that would make sense to add. The more ideas the better; more the merrier :-P.

I will have to look into the Danger Night in wilderness of Sword Coast+Special Random Encounters a lot more and try it out; it looks great. the extra wilderness areas and dungeons are very interesting to myself at least :-P. This island I keep thinking of:

I have this idea of two expansion packs.
    "  Baldur's Gate
    Legends of the Lost Odyssey
    and the Legacy of Balduran

Matthew Gordon Roulston 6:15 PM 28/07-July-/2018"

The first is where Baldur's Gate mainland is expanded; extra content maybe even a bit north. Although it is another expansion idea titled Baldur's Gate: Legacy of the Undead https://www.deviantart.com/withinamnesia/art/Baldur-s-Gate-Legacy-of-the-Undead-717694699 I think I rolled this idea into Legends of the Lost Odyssey.

I actually have a very old module idea that involves Osprey and the isle of Mintarn but who knows maybe that island above can work? Lots to think about and only so much time to work with; yet I can't anything done if I cannot focus one one thing at a time :-P. Must.. Work... On.. Sea... Tower... X-P.

• That door as it is now is compatible with anything that is in the game vanilla or modded. Everything works fine when you enter the BG area in the normal flow of the game and all script actions are executed.
    I added also some hints in the earlier game to  the emporium so that players might have an idea already it is there "in the street north of the Elfsong tavern". You get hints from Taerom, Volo and various tavern rumours.

The link to the mod should remain the github link which always has the latest consolidated version.

As for that EEEE - my proposal is to put those encounters at hold for the moment not to add too much diverse stuff to the mod. I think it may be better to maybe add a few more items for Michael to forge, you know best if you already have something in the package or not.

PS - for the Halbazzar shop there would be a weidu-based non-destructive solution if we need it at some stage, no need to overwrite the store.
  • Also on another note Jastey is hurt about more content being made in 2019 for the Sea Tower of Balduran; even though the project 'died' in 2018?
    I don't know what the source of Jastey's pain is? I was messaged by Jastey about... *scratches head* working on the module even though I am a part of the developer team? Seems too 'weird internet people'-esque / edgy for myself X-P. I tried asking a few times why Jastey is upset but all I get is demands and hurt feelings from the other end? Internet drama is dumb lolX-D.

I asked Jastey to not quit on the project (even though it was dead in 2018?). I cannot Remember what Jastey added to the module to be honest (something I hope?), not art or scripting or anything major I think, maybe story ideas *guessing face*? Anyway I have to go to bed; work, work, work :-P.
  • edited September 2019
    I think we made it very clear that the Sea Tower mod had nothing to do with that other project, even if you were involved in it. I was not and I refused to take anything from that failed mod on board.

Balduran's Sea Tower is a landmark in Baldur's Gate just like the Ducal Palace or the Hall of Wonders. It is part of the Forgotten Realm's lore https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Seatower_of_Balduran and existed even before the game ever was released.

There probably were initial plans from Bioware to add it to the game - the transition south west of Umberlee's temple is there and I have an old map of the city from a CD version of the first game that has the tower on it, just south of the Low Lantern ship.

No modder invented that idea. There were loose ideas exchanged long ago about a mod to make use of the "unused space in Baldur's Gate harbour" etc but nobody can make any claim based on this.

The description in the source material is also clear, a tower on a rock in the harbour, dungeons below it, and the tower itself controlled by the Flaming Fist.
  • edited September 2019
    Hmmn guess who locked my Arms and Armour thread XD?

Check this out X-D https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71447/baldurs-gate-arms-and-armour-emporium/p4 They really got me good, I am done for, oh no my W.I.P. thread *hand on forehead* what ever will I do X-D? Teach me for making new content for dead mods X-P.
    Let us be real, this is a kit bash of BG1 area artwork from Bioware staff about a Forgotten Realms canon area.

• Tipper Gore sold more Frank Zappa records than any other promotion could ever have done...
  • *Request for Permission of Honorguard Sent*
  • edited September 2019
    I have been testing rendering plug-ins with Sketchup.
    I need to find a better test model with more detail. It was just a quick test.

Before for comparison.
  • edited September 2019
    Babylon Test Render (Right click and select view and then zoom in)

Before For Comparison
  • Motte Castle Render vs. Non-Rendered Image.
  • Another castle render in sketch up:

• really nice work.  
    What is the status of the mod exactly?   Is (Balduran Sea Tower) still alpha or is it fully playable?   And in any case, should I download and install it right now, would it suffice to replace the files of an earlier version with the most recent one's to keep playing through? Thanks
  • edited September 2019
    Maravenore said:
    really nice work.  
    What is the status of the mod exactly?   Is (Balduran Sea Tower) still alpha or is it fully playable?   And in any case, should I download and install it right now, would it suffice to replace the files of an earlier version with the most recent one's to keep playing through? Thanks
    It is fully playable in BGEE with SoD or EET. Consider it open beta by now (v 0.8).

If you have some earlier version installed you need to uninstall it first. Otherwise there is no problem to add it to an existing game.

In EET you must install it prior EET_end (or uninstall EET_end, install the mod, re-install EET_end) because of dialogues from Dynaheir, Imoen and others on the events.

It should work in a running game if you have not yet crossed Wyrm's Crossing into the city of Baldur's Gate.
  • Thanks for your answers
  • edited September 2019
    Hmmn, I found more source material on the Sea Tower of Balduran; which is based upon Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. The detailed map below of the older version of the Sea Tower of Balduran is from D&D Enc Murder in Baldur’s Gate (set 100 years after the Bhaalspawn saga) released in 2013.

Volo's Guide Map from Ed Greenwood 1994 (current in-game timeline):

Also here is the Baldur's Gate Map from Black Isle 1998:

I believe that both versions should be combined with the best elements of both; the island and bridge of the Volo Guide / Murder in Baldur's Gate with the Black Isle Statue of Balduran with the Light Beacon upon the Sea Tower of Balduran Keep.

• edited September 2019
    Hey @Roxanne how can the Flail +2 'The Thresher' be removed from the Sorcerous Sundries via a script?

I have the full versions of the stores. The stores I last shared had all of the items yet I do not know how to avoid duplicates of Flail +2 'The Thresher' for Beamdog developers had no proper arms store in Baldur's Gate to put it into so it ended up in the Sorcerous Sundries.

In the mean time I am going to make the sea and joining city area for the Sea Tower of Balduran while I source a 3D castle (hopefully from Shadiversity's Honorguard). Also I am going to fix a few bug withe stores to keep busy:-). Also I like how the door work now :-D!
  • edited September 2019
    I have polished the content more and included the full stores; even with the 'duplicated' Flail +2 'The Thresher' in the Sorcerous Sunderies. I have the improved version in the Arms and Armour Emporium that better reflects its Helmite origins. The Thresher in the Sorcerous Sunderies should be removed via a script if possible to avoid duplicates / smoother / more logical experience.

Also @Roxanne how do we add assign OLMIC1.WAV (voice files) to Michael of Baldur's Gate in the WeiDU file? I have them included in the latest version's installer but I am not sure how to assign them to initial meeting, battle cry, damage taken and death. Also how is an area scripted so that if an item is stolen from a container in an NPC's view the guards are called like most stores in the game? There are a lot of magical items in the containers around the Emporium; I would not want them top become a free score :-P.

Also I combined your Hull dialog with my Hull dialog (the bug-less version of my dialog with the dialog flow and content of your Hull dialog :-D). Also I added the E.E.E.E. module back into the fold for it was already done / the full stores and items in the containers were assigned to that earlier content which was meant to add extra and enhanced adventure encounters and reforging components. The Fire Drake Scales are evident of this planned integration and are meant to be with Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium to forged into a suit of armour / shield. Also I like to stack my content into an expansion :'-D!
    ------
    P.S. Also I fixed some missing item bugs (added the missing items in) and split the merchants dialogs into their own files to avoid bugs I was dealing with. It is looking very promising:-).
  • edited September 2019
    1. Remove the item is not done by script but via tp2
    COPY_EXISTING ~sto0703.sto~ ~override~
    REMOVE_STORE_ITEM ~blun39~
    2. Sound files for Michael
    COPY ~SeaTower/emporium/olmichae.cre~ ~override~
        SAY 0x8 @201
        SAY 0xC @201    SAY INITIAL_MEETING @xxx
        SAY BATTLE_CRY1 @yyy    SAY DAMAGE @zzz
        SAY DYING @aaa
    The tra entries must be like this

@xxx =~text to display.~ [refwav]
    refwav is the name of the sound file without extension.
  • 3. Guards appear when looting a chest
    Make the chest a trapped one, assign the script Act03.bcs to it to have some Falming Fists appear.
  • edited September 2019
    Okay:-).

I am looking into how to make water for the new sea tower map. I plan to make the area a maximum sized map:-D. Basically it is a map image that has the land and the underwater 'sea floor'. Then an overlay is put on top of where the water goes and the game files have translucent water animated tiles that look nice in game.

So step one in making the big sea tower map is making the city border above the sea tower and step two is making the sea floor :-)
  • I updated the mod on github

- Michael has a voice
    - if you try to loot some locked chests in the emporium Flaming Fists will intervene
    - the Thresher is gone from Halbazzar and the revised version appears in emporium
    - one merchant in the emporium now opens his extended shop regardless of party reputation
    - some item missing from a shop (still) is removed.
  • edited September 2019
    I like this picture that I found into this beautiful gallery on  https://www.deviantart.com/bochicoine/art/Medieval-Docklands-391181905

• @Roxanne What was the item name / XXXX.ITM of the missing item? I think I have an up to date version (some older items of mine did not use an 'OL' prefix and caused errors; its is simple fix, just need to know the missing item 'name.ITM')
  • edited September 2019
    @davide Good find :-D! I have sent a note to the artist on advice on how to make a sea docks bridge for the sea tower and gave the general scope of the project if there was further interest :-P.
  • I will combine the new additions to the full content and fix a few bugs, right now I am monkeying around with getting the area art for the Sea Tower of Balduran developed:-P.