New NPC mod for BG2EE/EET

This mod extends an original game NPC who appears as a guide to the protagonist when the party reaches Brynnlaw. The creature design and stats are those of the orininal, she has however some more realistic equipment when she joins you.

Aran assigns a female thief to oversee your save journey to Brynnlaw. But Sime has her own personal reason to get access to the Asylum and see what is going on there. She may join you as soon as you reach the island to accompany your further adventures.

Sime will find her way to Brynnlaw even if you chosoe to ally with Bodhi. Her appearance is also fully compatible with the Alternatives mod.

Sime will save Sanik's life from Lady Galvena's assassin if she is in the party when you meet him. You will be able to rescue Claire and get Sanik's information. (Note - this is compatible with the Save Sanik component from questpack if installed.)

The NPC comes with her own amount of smaller quests around her missing family members and some thief quests. Sime's egg theft is compatible with the Xulaye mod.

Gameplay note - If you kick her out prior to entering the asylum, she will revert to her vanilla guide role in Brynnlaw but not join you again. In later parts of the game you may sent her to a place to wait for you.

Compatibility - Install Sime after Alternatives, Ding0's quest pack and Xulaye so that the mod can recognise their presence and provide for seamless play.

(Note - this mod is not related to the NPC that was part of the Tortured Sould mod for BGT.)

Comments

• edited May 24
    Same question as for Ehlastra.
    Will it be possible to install the Sime mod on top of an ongoing playthrough?

• Maravenore said:
    Same question as for Ehlastra.
    Will it be possible to install the Sime mod on top of an ongoing playthrough?

Should work if you uninstall EET_end, install the mod, install EET_end again.
    It only makes sense before you travel to Brynnlaw. It does not matter for which party you work (also Alternatives mod is possible) as long as you have not agreed to start the travel yet, i.e. you have not yet met Saemon.
  • I have just finished the Nashkel Mines and the Demonic Scroll quests so your mod should be ready by the time I reach Brynnlaw.
    I won't have too many mods to uninstall with EET-end (Only one I think, my non playable NPCs' portraits mod made with the files you uploaded on the site).
    Thanks again for your willingness to help.
  • Maravenore said:
    I have just finished the Nashkel Mines and the Demonic Scroll quests so your mod should be ready by the time I reach Brynnlaw.
    I won't have too many mods to uninstall with EET-end (Only one I think, my non playable NPCs' portraits mod made with the files you uploaded on the site).
    Thanks again for your willingness to help.
    You have just reminded me of something that may be a problem for the Sime and the Ehlastra mods...portrait mods.

They assign small portraits to non-joinable NPCs (and for those mods my NPCs will still be non-joinable). They install at the very end, i.e. will overwrite my portraits for the joinable NPCs. The issue may already exist for Tamoko as well...

In fact this would be the case not only for my mods but any mod that upgrades some existing vanilla NPC to become joinable.

Food for thought.
  • Wouldn't it be easily fixed with EEKeeper, restoring the original portraits should the need arise, I mean?

• Maravenore said:
    Wouldn't it be easily fixed with EEKeeper, restoring the original portraits should the need arise, I mean?

Yes, it is a minor issue. Just irritating for people who may not be aware of what is going on. I am not spending time to bother about it, just one of the things to keep in mind and maybe one day have a brilliant idea when least expected.
  • Hello,

The EE mod setup tool can't download the Sime Master File. Whenever I try I fail.  

• edited June 2
    Besides, I have a strange message when I leave the EE mod setup tool and relaunch it. 

"_Depend-SetModState-could not deactivate 537 =EET= Enhanced Edition Trilogy (-)".  And every time it asks me to re-download either Tweak Anthology or Check the Bodies
  • There was also a conflict between the mods Reunion and Turnabout
  • edited June 2
    What you describe sounds like a connection problem from your side to github. Sime and EET mod are both hosted there - For EET games of course EET itself is essential and cannot be de-selected.
    You can get the direct manual download link for every mod from the mod selection tree. Right click on the mod name and select "download manually".
    Maybe some security feature blocks github?
    I just checked the Sime link for testing and it downloads without problem.
  • edited June 2
    There was also a conflict between the mods Reunion and Turnabout
    This is a new issue that was reported just a few days ago
    Several mods that add their interpretation about the protagonist's mother. It is a content conflict but nothing that will cause bugs or crashes.
    I have not yet seen it in my game, I have not yet reached ToB.

PS - Just reminding myself that if you have Sandrah in the ToB party you will not see the Turabout version of the mother anyway since it is incompatible with the rest of the game.
  • You mean that If I download the mods manually and put them in the Big World Download file, they will install normally?
  • yup. when bws says it can't download, it should give some options to retry, provide or cancel. pick the provide, a dialogue window will pop up, pick the archive and you're good to go.