AI scripts not working for some NPCs

edited May 15 in EET Help
The custom AI scripts don't work for some NPCs,
for example, I set Sandrah's custom script to customize -> script -> advanced AI (the default BGEE option), after clicking "done", the AI script obviously doesn't work, because Sandrah doesn't turn undead when idle, which has been set in the script. In addition, the AI script reads "custom (None)" in the character sheets. 

Sometimes for some NPCs, clicking "done" doesn't do anything. the page stays the same. 

This happens to Dynaheir too, but not the main character. 

Any ideas why?

Saved game attached. Thank you!

Comments

  • edited May 15
    In the case of Sandrah this is intended, she has her own AI script for healer and Priestess of Mystra. (Same is for Jen'lig, the thief from the Sandrah mod, she acts githyanki-style not like a human thief would). Note - this AI behaviour is implemented in their override scripts, so you see nothing of it mentioned on the screen. The readme tells you about it.

    In case of Dynaheir, I cannot find anything wrong. I load your save and she has a script assigned (Wizard defensive) and I can change it to another one without problem. Do you use some special GUI mod that may not show it correctly? And how does she behave in the game itself?

    Edit - I took a look into the files in savegame itself, everybody except Sandrah have an AI script assigned.
  • Ah thank you for the swift response, I see the case for Sandrah now.

    The issue is specific to the advanced AI script: custom (bddefai) (the second one from the top)

    This is the case for the rest of the team members (excluding the main). For example, I click on Dynaheir (or Minsc, or Corwin, etc), customize,  script, advanced AI, done, done.

    The character sheet shows AI scripts: custom (default), sometimes it shows AI scripts: custom (none). But on my main, it shows AI script: custom (bddefai), as it should be. 

    Behavior wise, the advanced AI script doesn't work for my team. I.e., Corwin, advanced AI set to hide in shadows when idle, doesn't do that. 


  • Setup wise, I followed your "EET_Roxannes_Campaign2019.ini" collection. 
  • edited May 15
    adverl said:
    Setup wise, I followed your "EET_Roxannes_Campaign2019.ini" collection. 
    Now I understand your point. I use this in my campaign setup:
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: v8

    You have however assigned each member a class script from the scripts selection in the list that follow on the same screen. Maybe you want to change some to use other scripts instead if you think they work better.
  • adverl said:
    Setup wise, I followed your "EET_Roxannes_Campaign2019.ini" collection. 
    I have made some more tests with your save and after I de-selected the individual scripts for an NPC I could use the advanced AI and configure the buttons there.
    So, it is use either the upper part or the scripts from the list but not both together.
  • edited May 15
    Roxanne said:
    I have made some more tests with your save and after I de-selected the individual scripts for an NPC I could use the advanced AI and configure the buttons there.
    So, it is use either the upper part or the scripts from the list but not both together.
    Do you mean the advanced AI could fully function if you first de-select the currently assigned script for an NPC? How do you de-select the individual script for an NPC? Do you mean like click on Dynaheir (or Minsc, or Corwin, etc), customize,  script, click on "none" above the advanced AI, done, done, then retry customize,  script, advanced AI, done, done? That doesn't work on my computer.

    What is the upper part?

    Also, I noticed in my weidu.log, it says:
    "~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: Internal working version, unsupported"

    Not sure if it contributes to the problem.

    Thanks again for your support :D

  • adverl said:
    Roxanne said:
    I have made some more tests with your save and after I de-selected the individual scripts for an NPC I could use the advanced AI and configure the buttons there.
    So, it is use either the upper part or the scripts from the list but not both together.
    Do you mean the advanced AI could fully function if you first de-select the currently assigned script for an NPC? How do you de-select the individual script for an NPC? Do you mean like click on Dynaheir (or Minsc, or Corwin, etc), customize,  script, click on "none" above the advanced AI, done, done, then retry customize,  script, advanced AI, done, done? That doesn't work on my computer.

    What is the upper part?

    Also, I noticed in my weidu.log, it says:
    "~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4140 // Don't Auto-Assign Advanced AI Scripting to Party: Internal working version, unsupported"

    Not sure if it contributes to the problem.

    I did exactly what you described - strange thing is that you need to leave the menu and enter again. On Dynaheir I had to make three attempts for it to work. There is some oddity but in the end it worked. I cannot see any pattern, it is some random behaviour. I have not tested the result in game - I never use the party AI so I would not really be able to evaluate what to expect.

    As to the CD tweaks disclaimer - that is utter nonsense, the author just did not want to deal with player questions with respect to components still under development. This disclaimer appears in all CDTweaks components regardless if they were old or new and thus is meaningless.

    Upper/lower part - I was referring to the first two lines that are separated by a gap from the list of scripts that follows.
  • I see, cool, thank you again.
Sign In or Register to comment.