Question about post-Sarevok BG1

Hey all,

After years of modding Fallout 4, I am returning to Baldur's Gate again.
I am about to setup my first EET run and my first time playing the Sandrah mod.

Back in the BGT days, I would always finish the BG main quest first and then do the big quest mods in post-sarevok free roam: The final of Dark Horizons, the Vault, Durlag's Tower, DSotSC, NTotSC, Drizzt Saga, Grey Clan episode 1, I even found a way to post pone the second part of bonehill to that time. I always felt that this makes sense. Even though the game allows you to do all these side adventures, in-universe stopping the iron throne and Sarevok is a pressing issue that should be handled first.

Now I want to see if the same can be done with EET.
  • If I understand this correctly, this is not by default part of EET, but I found the Tamoko mod, which delays the transition from BG1 to SoD, and would create a similar free-roam state after killing Sarevok. Correct?
  • Reading about Sandrah, I get the impression that I could fail her quest or miss some content if I don't do vanilla or mod quests in a certain order.
    For example, I already know that I should visit Ulcaster and save Viconia and Dynaheir before returning to Candlekeep.
    Will there be similar problems,should I do the aforementioned mods after killing Sarevok?
Tank you

Comments

• edited May 12
    eimerian said:
    Hey all,

After years of modding Fallout 4, I am returning to Baldur's Gate again.
    I am about to setup my first EET run and my first time playing the Sandrah mod.

Back in the BGT days, I would always finish the BG main quest first and then do the big quest mods in post-sarevok free roam: The final of Dark Horizons, the Vault, Durlag's Tower, DSotSC, NTotSC, Drizzt Saga, Grey Clan episode 1, I even found a way to post pone the second part of bonehill to that time. I always felt that this makes sense. Even though the game allows you to do all these side adventures, in-universe stopping the iron throne and Sarevok is a pressing issue that should be handled first.

Now I want to see if the same can be done with EET.
    • If I understand this correctly, this is not by default part of EET, but I found the Tamoko mod, which delays the transition from BG1 to SoD, and would create a similar free-roam state after killing Sarevok. Correct?
    • Reading about Sandrah, I get the impression that I could fail her quest or miss some content if I don't do vanilla or mod quests in a certain order.
      For example, I already know that I should visit Ulcaster and save Viconia and Dynaheir before returning to Candlekeep.
      Will there be similar problems,should I do the aforementioned mods after killing Sarevok?
    Tank you
    • The Tamoko mod in fact allows you to do further quests after Sarevok's death and decide for yourself when to talk to Belt and move into SoD. Note - this is a feature of the mod that works regardless if you take Tamoko into the party or not or even if you killed her before Sarevok. She is just an option because I had her already modded this way from the old BGT days and found it reasonable to re-use her. Her presence in SoD made sense as well.
    • Sandrah interacts with all the big mods, but does not require them to be done before Sarevok. There is no problem with postponing them like you describe. There may be a smaller issue (not just Sandrah but other NPCs as well) in that certain comments may sound as if Sarevok may still be alive. But that may just be minor cosmetics and does not affect the play itself (I have no direct example for it, and it may just as well be subject to interpretation.)
    • The main quest you refer to that involves Dynaheir and Viconia's rescue is best done prior Candlekeep return, this is true. But this is independent from the big mods you have listed.
    • If you take a look at the journal from my own current playthrough http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/217/eroans-journey-my-eet-log you see that I postponed some quests after Sarevok myself.
  • Thank you, for your answers
    I did not want to read too much of your play through because of spoilers, but I took a look now.

I now have a similar question about the BGEE2 part of EET.
    • Since EET allows me to return to BG2 areas after Irenicus, are there any side quests - vanilla or mod - I should do with Sandrah before the Hell fight?
    • Sandrah apparently has a lot of content in the final TDD quest. Classic TDD placed this quest after beating Irenicus, and allowed you to free roam and finish up loose ends. The new TDDz for some reason put the start of this quest before the fight in hell. So I assume I should take her on this quest before beating Irenicus?
    • I couldn't find this info anywhere, but are the TDD versions of Shar-Teel and Kivan still in the game when you install the new TDDz?
      I remember a BGT playthrough many years ago, in which I ended up with 3 Shar-Teels. 1 BG1 Shar-Teel I took to fight Sarevok and she appeared with me in Irenicus' dungeon, 2 Shar-Teel from some mod and 3 Shar-Teel from TDD.

• eimerian said:
    Thank you, for your answers
    I did not want to read too much of your play through because of spoilers, but I took a look now.

I now have a similar question about the BGEE2 part of EET.
    • Since EET allows me to return to BG2 areas after Irenicus, are there any side quests - vanilla or mod - I should do with Sandrah before the Hell fight?
    • Sandrah apparently has a lot of content in the final TDD quest. Classic TDD placed this quest after beating Irenicus, and allowed you to free roam and finish up loose ends. The new TDDz for some reason put the start of this quest before the fight in hell. So I assume I should take her on this quest before beating Irenicus?
    • I couldn't find this info anywhere, but are the TDD versions of Shar-Teel and Kivan still in the game when you install the new TDDz?
      I remember a BGT playthrough many years ago, in which I ended up with 3 Shar-Teels. 1 BG1 Shar-Teel I took to fight Sarevok and she appeared with me in Irenicus' dungeon, 2 Shar-Teel from some mod and 3 Shar-Teel from TDD.
    • There are a number of Sandrah quests for BG2 and those are best done before Irenicus. They should be obvious from how they trigger so there is little chance to miss them. (The Shauhana quest prior Underdark - the "Book That Writes Itself, which starts during Underdark and can be solved once you return to Amn.)
    • TDDz puts the final TDD episode between the Suldanessalar battles and the Irenicus showdown. I had long discussions with the author about that (not too good solution - leaving the elven battle halfway through to do another quest?) and finally it was his decision even if I do not like it very much. Sandrah still has a lot of interactions with that part because of her relationship with Cyric, however they are just optional today and with the current version of the Sandrah mod they are not even essential anymore to get the whole background story. I put alternative options elsewhere.
    • There are no multiple Shar-Teels or Kivans in EET. For one, the mods that did it have been corrected, and second, the EET continuous NPC concept helps a lot. I have not encountered any case of duplicate NPCs in my EET games so far.