Secret of Bonehill (Part 2)

edited February 10 in - The Big Mods
Hello,

yes, I know, the 2nd part is heavily bugged.....
now there ascur (?) shpuld appear the second time, he doesnt....
I always had to storm the castle....

Is there a hint/tip or setting of a variable to let him appear and take me to the castle again ?

Thnx in advance...

Comments

• What is heavily bugged in part 2? Can you provide some details?
    Maybe (like others before) you follow some old guide that is not correct in all aspects.

Ascue may appear a second time but this is just one of a number of variations and depends on decisions you took before. Him not coming a second time is not necessarily a bug if the conditions are not met for your play through.
  • Thnx for your quick answer .....

Hmm,

so it is all a big misunderstanding ?
    I remember my very first playthrough almost nothing worked....
    Then I used this old Walkthrough and all was well - including Ascar appearing twice!
    I always thought, that this is the intended plot....

Since then I always had to storm the castle...
    So this a normal solution, too ?

• Lundar said:
    Thnx for your quick answer .....

Hmm,

so it is all a big misunderstanding ?
    I remember my very first playthrough almost nothing worked....
    Then I used this old Walkthrough and all was well - including Ascar appearing twice!
    I always thought, that this is the intended plot....

Since then I always had to storm the castle...
    So this a normal solution, too ?
    In case you saved the druid Martin in the first part, he will be in a house in the north of Garotten in part 2 and will recommend to storm the Castle.

The second spawning of Ascue is a timed event and takes very long. It is about 1 hour real time playing time between the point you notice that the innkeeper has been arrested and your being taken to the castle (and you must be in the inn for it by that time).

Both are possible solutions. You may occupy the time with solving the lizard men quest.

Anyway, the being summoned to the castle ends hostile as well, so not much difference.

One alternative is to go to the castle and enter the upper floor (group must be invisible). You can explore the eastern and central rooms of the upper floor and find all the evidence before the villains find you.
  • I see,

thnx a lot for the information, Roxanne

Regarding the bugs:
    - After the arrest, the 3 "culprits" are still there - I just ignore them
    - after their rescue, they have the same dialogue as before the arrest
    - what about holga (in the castle) ? I should meet her at the temple afterwards ?

these are that i remember at the moment....

• Holga? No, it is Lucinda but only if you a) sent her the right way in part1 b) rescued and healed her in part2
  • Hello,

no, I mean Holga, she who got the string from wilbur
    she's in a chamber on the 2nd floor,
    when you talk to her, she evades and says, I should meet her at the temple (or was it theatre ?) but she never arrives there.....

• edited February 11

Bone Hill part 2 lies still ahead a couple of weeks. Once I am there, I will check all those issues you reported and see if I can fix as many bugs as possible. It is most efficient to fix and test such stuff while being in the context of the quest itself.

(The issues are probably inherited from the original version but that does not mean we cannot enhance the EET specific one. Wait and see.)
  • Thnx a lot for all your efforts!
    I had converted SoBH to EET with your help only....

Concerning Holga: It is solved!
    (thats if you use your Memory ;)  )

She ran off with wilbur .... so that is solved.....
    But Barlmorrow says to look for them - no chance where to look....

The mentioned "old" WT said, you cannot (should not) return to Garotten afterwards....
    Also it said, you shouldnt talk to Arness again - I think that is no longer valid....

So you are right: this old WT is trash ....

Yes, I read your actual WT with great interest and have learned a lot already.....

• I'm getting old. Yes, we did BH some time ago.
    So anything to be changed let me know or put it directly to the github repository.