Journey to the North

Hello, I'm a bit stuck on RoT 

1. People Depressed quest. - I've nearly talked to everyone in berem but i can't seem to turn the quest in. I only couldn't convince one or two people.

2. Lemorine's brother - I can't seem to go to his area as well which is weird in order to save him.

3. The missing hunters - Another quest i can't seem to attempt to finish. It just gives me the quest with no location.

4. Dragon's Crypt.  - I can't for some reason seem to follow up his the rambling of someone in the tavern to investigate this place. 

5. The underground cult. This is something i decided to do differently, i'm working with the cult but i don't know if this is conflicting with the aforementioned quest above.

I know with RoT you can't do all of the quest in the mod without drizzt, but this was open to me regardless in the city district. 

Comments

• You can do all the above Bremen quests without Drizzt. There is one small optional episode in the ice palace that requires him and one of the companions (forgot which) but it simply never triggers if he is not there, so you will not notice.

As far as I remember you can do all of the quests on your list independent from each other, they have no overlapping or conflicting content.

Some of the quests are timed, so sometimes waiting/doing something else helps.
  • edited January 28
    Roxanne said:
    You can do all the above Bremen quests without Drizzt. There is one small optional episode in the ice palace that requires him and one of the companions (forgot which) but it simply never triggers if he is not there, so you will not notice.

As far as I remember you can do all of the quests on your list independent from each other, they have no overlapping or conflicting content.

Some of the quests are timed, so sometimes waiting/doing something else helps.

I think my problem is i can't get  to Dragon's Crypt/Leminore's brothers. I assume you need to leave the map or am i mistaken?
  • Yeah, everytime i leave the map it brings me up to the world map and shows i am still in amn and nothing relevant to travel to. I should've just included that before. But yeah nothing else i can seem to do.
  • Yeah, everytime i leave the map it brings me up to the world map and shows i am still in amn and nothing relevant to travel to. I should've just included that before. But yeah nothing else i can seem to do.
    There is something wrong. I checked it in my own installation. There are supposed to be travel triggers to adjacent areas but they are missing. You see the worldmap but cannot reach the other Bremen areas.

Like Bremen (RA5100) on the northern road should lead to (RA5400) but it is missing.
    So unless you use console and C:MoveToArea("RA5400") and you do so for the other Bremen outdoor areas, that part of RoT is not really playable.

I will take a look what can be done to restore those missing travel links and where they have gone missing (probably some naming problem that was not yet discovered).

I am afraid not much can be done in your current game. Either use console to travel around Bremen or skip it in this game.
  • Please try this:
    - Go to BG2EE/RoTerror/ARE/nostring
    - Copy the files RA5100.are and RA5400.are to your BG2EE/override.
    - Load a savegame from before you ever traveled to Bremen
    - Use C:MoveToArea("RA5100") and try to leave via the northern gate now.

The areas are correct in the mod but somehow not correctly installed, I will try to find out why.
  • edited January 29
    I tested it and just simply copying the areas from the mod folder to the override folder does the trick.

The strange thing is...in the install process, nothing else is done, the are-files are simply copied over. I have no idea why some transits are lost?

So the areas to be copied from the BG2EE/RoTerror/ARE/nostring to BG2EE/override are:
    • ra5100.are
    • ra5400.are
    • ra5600.are
    plus one from BG2EE/RoTerror/ARE/string:
    • ra5601.are

If you find others, let me know. Those are the ones I found in my game. It is not all of Bremen and not all of RoT, just a few isolated ones.

I keep trying to find the source of the problem.

PS - the problem in your game will be that the repair only works for an area you have not yet visited, so for Bremen city all you can do is to edit a save game and remove the area from the Baldur.sav area list.

• I think I found the source of the trouble.

The EET version includes an attempt to add the Bremen areas to the EET worldmap and in that process removes the original travel triggers.

The issue is that this is done without checking the worldmap in use for the overall installation and if other mods require BP-BGT_worldmap, it does not work. The old triggers are removed but the areas are not on the worldmap.

This *improvement* was implemented on wrong assumptions and should be corrected.

I will make a change request to the mod maintainer and interim-wise put a patch into the EE Install Tool.
  • edited January 29
    Ah, thanks. I will try to copy those areas  and string into my override folder.   My two options so far is to either do the save game edit or reload from before i came to the town?

EDIT - Yeah interesting enough, some of the files from the mod that i am copying over seem to already exist in override at a larger kilobyte size. I'll copy them to the area anyways.

EDIT again - Yeah after copying pasting those files in again, it seems the guards refuse to talk to me and open the door to travel.

Edit - Third times a charm! Yeah, guess on that last edit you have to talk to a quest specific npc before they'd talk to you or so. Still, no changes when i try to leave.
  • Use
    C:Eval('Unlock("5100Dor6")')
    This is stored as a local and gets lost when you delete the saved area.
  • Well, i was using a save before going to the town, i don't know how to edit the save to remove the saved area in question.
  • Okay, "C:Eval('Unlock("5100Dor6")')" Manges to open the door and allows me to move to another area.
  • Thanks for helping me work on this, if we can't manage to get the save file edited, it's not much progress lost from reloading prior to going on the adventure.  

The main thing is however other people are saved the headache of having to go through loop holes. I'll have to head off soon so if i don't seen your response immediately i'll respond once i get some free time, No biggie.
  • Just to clarify:

The issue here is inside the RoT mod, this is not an issue with the worldmap mod.

Someone (mis)read the discussion here and made a false report about the morldmap mod out of it.
  • edited January 31
    Right, i got another issue to add maybe it can be corrected with a quick fix.

Most of the areas allow ease of transfer back and forth, but the area where you get the brother of lormine, i can go into said area but not leave making the quest difficult to proceed. I tried teleporting myself to another area but it seems he doesn't spawn.

• Right, i got another issue to add maybe it can be corrected with a quick fix.

Most of the areas allow ease of transfer back and forth, but the area where you get the brother of lormine, i can go into said area but not leave making the quest difficult to proceed. I tried teleporting myself to another area but it seems he doesn't spawn.
    What is that area's code? You get it with CTRL+x
  • Roxanne said:

Right, i got another issue to add maybe it can be corrected with a quick fix.

What is that area's code? You get it with CTRL+x

RA5401
  • The southern exit is missing (...which makes me think this is more than one bug in this case, because the brother needing to follow you in the quest would not even work with a worldmap transition. This was not considered by weigo87, it seems.)

Ra5401.are is in BG2EE/RoTerror/Are/String and needs to be copied to BG2EE/override.

Again to have the change effective in your game you need to reload from the point before you entered that area. (Puuh, that is a nasty long road through the mountains...)
  • Roxanne said:
    The southern exit is missing (...which makes me think this is more than one bug in this case, because the brother needing to follow you in the quest would not even work with a worldmap transition. This was not considered by weigo87, it seems.)

Ra5401.are is in BG2EE/RoTerror/Are/String and needs to be copied to BG2EE/override.

Again to have the change effective in your game you need to reload from the point before you entered that area. (Puuh, that is a nasty long road through the mountains...)

Waahhh

Welp, i'll make that change, but i'd lose a crap ton of progress otherwise, is it possible to just change global variables so i don't have to lose so much progress? :S

(I'm dying on the inside.)
  • This should work
    I understand you found Torwald and took him down to the southern end of RA5401 and the transit is missing. If so:

1. Check that C:GetGlobal("Brothertimeriwd","GLOBAL") is at 7
    2. Move your party to area RA5100 with C:MoveToArea("RA5100")
    3. Spawn Torwald C:CreateCreature("Bretor1")
    4. Torwald should initiate a short dialogue with you and then disappear
    5. The global from point 1. is now at 9
  • It worked! Thank mystra (i think sandrah would approve such respect being paid to that god.) Our journey continues, roxanne.
  • So, i've been going through the ice temple and i've stumbled across the room with gems that need their proper placement. I've been trying for ever and it seems the proper order still eludes me, is it possible that you can share this order?

• So, i've been going through the ice temple and i've stumbled across the room with gems that need their proper placement. I've been trying for ever and it seems the proper order still eludes me, is it possible that you can share this order?
    I have coded a convenience tweak once into the Sandrah mod. If you have her with you, you can ask her to solve the riddle with a dialogue option in her PIDs.
  • If you do not have that companion you either do this
    C:SetGlobal("PlantedItems","RA5602",1)

or put the gems like that

Contains("IwdGem8","Cont1") 
        Contains("IwdGem6","Cont2") 
        Contains("IwdGem3","Cont3")
        Contains("IwdGem2","Cont4")
        Contains("IwdGem9","Cont5") 
        Contains("IwdGem7","Cont6")
        Contains("IwdGem1","Cont7")
        Contains("IwdGem10","Cont8")
        Contains("IwdGem5","Cont9") 
        Contains("IwdGem4","Cont10") 

• Thanks. Is it just me or do clickable objects in the game's scenery in the icetemple and other place have missing text and just shows up as a black orb of sorts. I'm talking about interactive objects with a rotation mark when you place your cursor on it.
  • Oh, a bug report to mention as well, if you go to  DD8001C  and try to leave, you're unable to for reasons unknown.  It just has every location as unavailable. The other place that you can try and go back to just has no ability to exit from the map period. I've manually teleported out of there, but have no idea if this breaks the quest to consult the clerics of talos on going to hell. 

• Oh, a bug report to mention as well, if you go to  DD8001C  and try to leave, you're unable to for reasons unknown.  It just has every location as unavailable. The other place that you can try and go back to just has no ability to exit from the map period. I've manually teleported out of there, but have no idea if this breaks the quest to consult the clerics of talos on going to hell. 
    This is neither a bug nor is it Region of Terror.

DD8001C has two entries/exits which are the cave in the west and the dungeon entrance in the east. You reach transits this way, no worldmap access.
  • Huh, weird. Because exiting the dungeon and moving to the edge of the map allowed me to go to the world map and switch to a new area(well to the screen that allowed me to see all areas ive been to.) But if i went back through the dungeon entrance into the forest part located in the mir, it would just take me to the area but be unable to select an exit on the edge of the map and effectively make me stuck in that location and have to use console. 

Incase you want to investigate this yourself, i can see about throwing in my old save to peek your curiosity.