Proposed mod to add

Do you see a chance to add the Dorn romance mod for EET to the selection?
The author looks for someone to update it:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/981610/#Comment_981610

Comments

• The mod is already included for BG2EE. It is not yet compatible with EET, so missing from that selection only.
  • I send a proposal to the author. It's on github and I can make a pull request. Dorn is vanilla and already is converted by EET itself, so there are just a handful of adjustments needed at all.
  • @Icebear
    Dorn is now EET compatible and also added to install tool selection. Have fun!
  • Gosh! That was fast.
    Big hug from the Icebear for all involved.
  • Where is the best place to add requests for Mods to be added to the tool?  As an example I would like to have the option of including the "Launcher" mod done by Alien that sets up a start menu for the game with options on the menu of changing the UI.  Is there a Discussion here, or should it be done as a request over at Github?

Wasn't sure how it worked since I know on BWS there are a couple different places to request mods be added and it's sometimes confusing.

• Where is the best place to add requests for Mods to be added to the tool?  As an example I would like to have the option of including the "Launcher" mod done by Alien that sets up a start menu for the game with options on the menu of changing the UI.  Is there a Discussion here, or should it be done as a request over at Github?

Wasn't sure how it worked since I know on BWS there are a couple different places to request mods be added and it's sometimes confusing.

I just moved your post here.

The "launcher" is not really a mod or anything that requires the Install Tool to work for you. It is one of those outside helpers, just like Near Infinity or EE-Keeper. You just download the "launcher", put it into your game directory and use it. There is nothing that Install Tool needs to do, there is no installation process for it.
  • Since (it seems) not all the EET compatible mods off the list are included in the install tool setup, what's the proper way to go about installing such mods? Can anyone ask for inclusion of mods, or does it have to be the content creator? I would guess that manually adding individual mods on top of a finished install tool installation would risk errors.
  • edited August 2018
    You can
    - ask for inclusion
    - you can provide a pull request in the github database where you download the tool
    - or you can install them manually at the right spot. For the last option, you would simply select the mod that comes after your candidate with a right click when you are on the mod selection screen ("Pause before mod"). When the program pauses, you install the mod by hand, then continue the tool. Just ask what the right spot would be.
  • Thanks, very handy.
  • Shin said:
    Thanks, very handy.
    If there is any specific mod you find missing or need help with, just ask.
  • edited August 2018
    In the current version of the Shadow Magic mod there's an 'Enhanced Shade Lord' component for the BG2 part of the game, as described at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64991/v1-9-25-shadow-magic/p15

This doesn't seem to be reflected in the install tool, however, and a manual check after installation shows this component doesn't install. Any way get it added?

• Shin said:
    In the current version of the Shadow Magic mod there's an 'Enhanced Shade Lord' component for the BG2 part of the game, as described at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64991/v1-9-25-shadow-magic/p15

This doesn't seem to be reflected in the install tool, however, and a manual check after installation shows this component doesn't install. Any way get it added?

I added the new component. There is no information I could find with respect to possible dependencies/conflicts or such with other mods that change the Shade Lord. If you find any, let me know, so this information can be included.
  • Roxanne said:

I added the new component. There is no information I could find with respect to possible dependencies/conflicts or such with other mods that change the Shade Lord. If you find any, let me know, so this information can be included.
    Thanks! Off the top of my head I would suspect the improved shade lord component of SCS would likely cause a conflict as they modify the same creature.

• Shin said:
    Roxanne said:

Thanks! Off the top of my head I would suspect the improved shade lord component of SCS would likely cause a conflict as they modify the same creature.
    I share that suspicion but I would not add this to the tool without any proof. If I find time later, I may take a closer look at what both mods do to the files involved.
  • RE - shadow magic mod
    1. new component is added to applicable games
    2. refined availability of different components for different games
    3. investigated compatibility: There are no incompatibilities with other mods dealing with Shade Lord that I can see, should work in any combination or alone.

• @Roxanne Great! And odd, there's really no incompatibility with SCS? I thought both components added different scripts/abilities to the shade lord. E.g. in SCS he has some kind of continuous aoe level drain among other things, whereas SM has him use the shadow magic spells. They just overlap if you install both mods?

• Shin said:
    @Roxanne Great! And odd, there's really no incompatibility with SCS? I thought both components added different scripts/abilities to the shade lord. E.g. in SCS he has some kind of continuous aoe level drain among other things, whereas SM has him use the shadow magic spells. They just overlap if you install both mods?
    I looked at the technical and script side of this, I did not play with it in game. But incompatibility here would be if the mods overwrite each other's content or block stuff from the other mod. Game crashes or freezes when you combine the mods? This seems not to be the case. SM just adds abilities for the enemy based on the difficulty level you select during installation. It simply adds more stuff and it also has some extra for the player if you have Foundling NPC with you.
    How that evolves in game when you play through the confrontation is hard to evaluate - it will depend a lot on your own level/class and your party constellation.

However, none of that constitutes *incompatibility*, but I agree there have been many many discussions about this term. But we should not mix *not recommended* with *not compatible* here, as that is just a matter of taste and expectation.
  • @Roxanne Right, fair enough.
  • @Shin - I read a thread of subtledoctor and Artemius_! working out full compatibility with SCS. Pretty sure they are supposed to work great together.
  • edited August 2018

Wasn't it compatible with EET previously, or is it just in my memory?

Edit: ok, so it was previously compatible when BWP-patched, but when the mod went from v11 to v12 this changed. BWP just wasn't updated for the new version? It would seem easy enough to just utilize v11 with the previous BWP-EET patching and install that.

• edited August 2018

Shin said:

Wasn't it compatible with EET previously, or is it just in my memory?

Edit: ok, so it was previously compatible when BWP-patched, but at present it's seemingly not included in the BWP fixpack. Something happened?

The mod is supported for BG2EE. It is included in Install Tool selection for that game.

I looked at current v11 of the mod and it is NOT compatible with EET. It is not on K4thos' mod compatibility list and this is correct.

With respect of former BWP patch, I assume that the patch was for a previous version and the mod was updated WITHOUT adding EET compatibility. BWP patches are only working with the version they were made for and when a modder decides to update without including those patches, they become invalid. (I would assume something like this was the case here.)

PS - I took a quick look at the mod and technically it could be upgraded in a couple of minutes if the modder would be willing. It is trivial.
  • edited August 2018
    Roxanne said:

With respect of former BWP patch, I assume that the patch was for a previous version and the mod was updated WITHOUT adding EET compatibility. BWP patches are only working with the version they were made for and when a modder decides to update without including those patches, they become invalid. (I would assume something like this was the case here.)
    Hm, I see. So technically, manually applying the earlier BWP fix to the previous version (11) should still work for an EET install?

Roxanne said:

PS - I took a quick look at the mod and technically it could be upgraded in a couple of minutes if the modder would be willing. It is trivial.
    This was my thought as well after looking at what it was the fixpack changed.

• Shin said:

Hm, I see. So technically, manually applying the earlier BWP fix to the previous version (11) should still work for an EET install?
    Oops I have to correct myself. The mod has updated to v12 meanwhile (I need to update this in the tool). And even that new version is NOT for EET.
    Means that whatever old patch you have it at least 2 versions behind and may just break the mod - hard to say without having it at hand.
  • edited August 2018
    Roxanne said:

Shin said:

Oops I have to correct myself. The mod has updated to v12 meanwhile (I need to update this in the tool). And even that new version is NOT for EET.
    Means that whatever old patch you have it at least 2 versions behind and may just break the mod - hard to say without having it at hand.
    Hm, isn't it just one version behind? The BWP-fixpack made v11 compatible with EET as far as I can see. From the fix:
    +VERSION ~v11 BWP Fix~
    README ~Assassinations/%LANGUAGE%/Readme-Assassinations.txt~
    ~Assassinations/Readme-Assassinations.txt~
    ALWAYS
    - // Borrowed from Edwin Romance: convert strings to UTF-8 for BGEE/BG2EE
    - INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/handle_charsets.tpa~
    + ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
    + OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 12
    + END ELSE BEGIN
    + OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 0
    + END
    + OUTER_FOR (i=1; i<=10; i=i+1) BEGIN
    + OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = bg2_chapter + 1
    + OUTER_SPRINT name_source ~bg2_chapter_%i%~
    + OUTER_SET EVAL ~%name_source%~ = bg2_chapter
    + END
  • edited August 2018

Shin said:
    Roxanne said:

Shin said:

Hm, isn't it just one version behind? The BWP-fixpack made v11 compatible with EET as far as I can see.
    This is hard to tell because there was some inconsistency in the version numbering where the download file and the tp2 (which is what weidu reads) had different numbers for some time. Since I do not have that former patch, I cannot comment on it.
    It looks like Pocket Plane forum now returns from a kind of slumber period and they try to fix things up again.
    So, maybe there is a chance for an official mod update with EET compatibility soon?
  • Roxanne said:

This is hard to tell because there was some inconsistency in the version numbering where the download file and the tp2 (which is what weidu reads) had different numbers for some time. Since I do not have that former patch, I cannot comment on it.
    It looks like Pocket Plane forum now returns from a kind of slumber period and they try to fix things up again.
    So, maybe there is a chance for an official mod update with EET compatibility soon?
    Fair enough. I'll just test the v11 fix + manual install in the mean time.

• Shin said:
    Roxanne said:

Fair enough. I'll just test the v11 fix + manual install in the mean time.
    I have done an interim EET-conversion (v12.1) for use by Install Tool. The mod should now also install on EET-games if selected. There is really only one single chapter check in one dialogue that needs some conversion code.
  • Roxanne said:

I have done an interim EET-conversion (v12.1) for use by Install Tool. The mod should now also install on EET-games if selected. There is really only one single chapter check in one dialogue that needs some conversion code.
    That was indeed how I interpreted it as well based on the previous BWP patch.
  • edited August 2018
    Another query, the G3 anniversary mod, http://www.gibberlings3.net/g3a/ - this mod was also (when BWP-patched) part of the EET compatibility list earlier, but now seems to be taken off in spite of no new versions being out. Something else changed?

Edit: Seems there's a v9.1 out on github (https://github.com/Gibberlings3/g3anniversary), that seemingly adds EET compatibility.

• Shin said:
    Another query, the G3 anniversary mod, http://www.gibberlings3.net/g3a/ - this mod was also (when BWP-patched) part of the EET compatibility list earlier, but now seems to be taken off in spite of no new versions being out. Something else changed?

Edit: Seems there's a v9.1 out on github (https://github.com/Gibberlings3/g3anniversary), that seemingly adds EET compatibility.

Thanks
    I added v9.1 to Install Tool and EET.
    (It looked like the earlier version was broken at some time and the update was missed for inclusion.)