MS4M: Customizable Familiars

So, I installed this component from MS4M, and EET Tool says it installed successfully. I started a new game at level one to test it and cast find familiar, but no dialogue window appeared. Am I missing something?

Comments

• it appears to be compatible for me with EET, but the install tool skipped "circlets."

• it appears to be compatible for me with EET, but the install tool skipped "circlets."
    Circlets of revelation component is for BGEE only. This also excludes the BG1 part of EET.
  • yes, sorry - circlet of revelation, not circlet
  • Here are my install logs if that helps.
    Logs.7z 451.7K
  • So, I installed this component from MS4M, and EET Tool says it installed successfully. I started a new game at level one to test it and cast find familiar, but no dialogue window appeared. Am I missing something?
    I have never used this mod, but I think that those familiars from the mod require some scroll you need to learn to summon them. It is not using the vanilla find familiar spell. But i may be wrong, it is just from looking at the readme.
  • hmm/ I will try and figure it out

• Using EE keeper, I don't see any scroll other than the normal one.
  • Most likely I was wrong. I found this description:
    "When a protagonist casts Find Familiar, a dialog window will trigger, where he will be able to choose its race, class and a name."
  • I installed the familiar component for test, started a new game with a mage in Candlekeep, summoned familiar. A rabbit appeared, I could talk to it, it follows me around, I can take it into inventory or release again, It has some other dialogue options as well. I rarely play mage PC and never ever took a familiar, so no idea if that is vanilla behavior or the modded one. At least something happens for me.
  • Yeah the vanilla familars work fine in EET, it's just the "customizable familiars" component that isn't compatible, per this thread:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18108/mod-more-style-for-mages-v1-55/p14
  • So...it installs without error but just does not do anything.
    If I read the mod author's statements correctly then this will not change in near future. So be it.
  • yeah I read it that way too.