Reinstall with Save?

What's the general rule on re-running Mod Setup Tool in an EET campaign without having to start over? I'd like to add just a couple of tweaks:

1. A few friendship paths
2. "Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis" component of SCS
3. "Add bags of holding" from Tweak Anthology

It's my understanding that I need to reinstall everything through the tool but I'm wondering if I can keep my current save if I'm just adding the above mods.

I'm attaching my user.ini in case you'd like to review it.

Thanks.

Comments

• A better way to do 2 + 3 is to just add them to the current game. They would apply to everything you have not done yet, just do not change things you already have or bought.

With 1, it would depend on who's friendship mod you want to add. Just post the names of the mods and where you are in the current game and I will tell you if it is possible to add without re-start.
  • Recently a certain mod was causing issues and i had to do a reinstallation of my mega mod. This last install took place early to mid november. So i guess my question is, should my saves be safe doing this or will i need to start from the beginning  again?
  • You will not be able to use your old saves.
    (Unless you installed exactly the same version of ALL mods in exactly the same order as before AND the mod you removed/changed had only content that triggers after the save you want to use.
  • Roxanne said:
    You will not be able to use your old saves.
    (Unless you installed exactly the same version of ALL mods in exactly the same order as before AND the mod you removed/changed had only content that triggers after the save you want to use.
    The only mods existing in place as of now that are now removed are tomb of blood and shar-teel mod for sod. But i guess to play it safe i should do another playthrough right? What is the worst that can happen? I assume that save state would exclusively compromise.
  • The only mods existing in place as of now that are now removed are tomb of blood and shar-teel mod for sod. But i guess to play it safe i should do another playthrough right? What is the worst that can happen? I assume that save state would exclusively compromise.
    What you will get are a lot of text/dialogue issues resulting from the difference in the strings in dialog.tlk file between installations. E.g. mod NPCs have text lines as names or item descriptions are invalid etc. The area names of mod added areas on the worldmap are wrong.
  • edited January 9
    Roxanne said:
    The only mods existing in place as of now that are now removed are tomb of blood and shar-teel mod for sod. But i guess to play it safe i should do another playthrough right? What is the worst that can happen? I assume that save state would exclusively compromise.
    What you will get are a lot of text/dialogue issues resulting from the difference in the strings in dialog.tlk file between installations. E.g. mod NPCs have text lines as names or item descriptions are invalid etc. The area names of mod added areas on the worldmap are wrong.

Aye. Well i should've  seen this coming. Well, thanks for the advise.  Oh an unrelated question. But did bg1npc project 24 beta get added into your tool or does it typically only pull public releases?
  • We use the new version 24.