The Vault mod

Hi, sorry for reporting problem here, but shsforums is kinda weird for me atm and I dont know where else I could report a bug.
The Zernan quest, in naskhel when fight starts, all surrounding NPC turns hostile. I doubt that is intentional. Weidu logs attached, Thanks :)

Comments

• Spellhold and G3 have one of there repeated downtimes...

The issue here may be one of those old issues with "Better calls for help" SCS component.

If you are familiar with Near Infinity, look for creature files JC_thf01.cre and JC_thf03.cre to see if they have a script assigned Shout.bcs. These scripts may contain a Shout(HELPME) which is for innocent people to call everybody to help if the party attacks them. Of course this causes disaster if assigned to the wrong guys.

In case you cannot find it yourself with NI, please post the files JC_thf03.cre and shout.bcs from BG2EE/override here and I will take a look.
  • Here is an alternative solution. Go to folder BG2EE/override of your game and rename the file shout.bcs to 00Shout.bcs. Thereafter extract the attached file into the override folder.
  • PS - I took the event to revisit the mod and I changed those guys' scripts to another one to prevent such incompatibility issues in the future. There was no apparent reasons for them to have this script (unmodded or modded) in the first place, so it is better to remove this reason for possible errors.

Thank you @konva
  • well I tried to look at those creatures, and guess what :D I cant find them. Weird. Tried the second method, but  i dont know if it works, since I have savegame in naskhel mines now.
  • konva said:
    well I tried to look at those creatures, and guess what :D I cant find them. Weird. Tried the second method, but  i dont know if it works, since I have savegame in naskhel mines now.
    If you are already beyond the event, there is little to repair anymore. JC_thf01.cre is Zernan himself and 03 are the thieves that back him up, so for sure they exist in your game...
  • Hi!

So I just tracked down Zernan in Nashkel and killed him. I looted the undeciphered note and went to the carnival but I don't see the "mysterious man" anywhere. I went all over the map and checked the east side near the hills several times. Help?
  • He appears only after dark.
    You can also check these global

C:GetGlobal("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL")  it must be 4
    C:GetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestNandin","GLOBAL")  it will be 0 (i.e. not exist) and goes to 1 when he is spawned.

If none of that helps then C:CreateCreature("JC_THF02")
  • Perfect. My "ReturnNashQuest" global was 3. Not sure why, so I set it to 4 and the rest came to pass beautifully. Thank you!!
  • Okay I spoke too soon. So, After I did C:SetGlobal("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",4); the mysterious man appeared east of the carnival. He mentioned the mines and then I killed him. I checked C:GetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestNandin","GLOBAL") and it was indeed 1. So I went to the mines but there wasn't anyone there except the usual miners and a couple of kobolds.
  • Check that the ReturnNashQuest global is at 7 after the death of the mysterious man. It needs to have the value before you go to the mines area. When you go to the mines, you should at once notice spiders and other changes.

Note that there are different ways to solve the book quest. I was assuming the path where Zernan stole the book and you pursued him because it matched to your description. Maybe I erred and you had a different quest line?
  • Nope, you would be correct. He stole it from me outside Baldur's Gate, I followed him to the FAI, then to Nashkel, killed him, and then went looking for the mysterious man. I'll check out the global and set to 7 if not already and report back. :)
  • Yup - that did the trick! When I killed the mysterious man my global remained at 4, so I set it to 7. Thanks again!
  • gjenkins said:
    Yup - that did the trick! When I killed the mysterious man my global remained at 4, so I set it to 7. Thanks again!
    The global should have been set by the dialogue. No idea what went wrong, but it is the same with the Zernan killing. Maybe you killed both before they could talk?
    Anyway, hope it works now.