EET Playthrough - Infos / Issues

A complete playthrough of the Baldurs Gate EET-Saga.. 
This thread should help other users with occurring Issues/Bugs and provide general information.

Informations on installation
Fresh Installation with Setup from November 07, 2018
Used Compilation: EET_Explore the EET World
- disabled Alternative GUI EET
- enabled Lefreut's Enhanced GUI (SoD Skin) minus Vanilla Bams and Texts, minus One Click Map Travel

Informations on Playthrough
I will try to do every single Quest i find and do the Big-Mods (Sandrah, SoBH, NTDSotSC, Drizzt Saga, Longer Road, Region of Terror,..)
Playthrough started on November 09, 2018

How to get the real playtime (including Pause-Screens, Menus,..)
Take the ingame-time of a new savegame and divide it / 12
E.g.: Ingame time of a new save game: 54d 18hr > 1314hr / 12 = 109,5hr actual playtime on this savegame

Informations on Party / Companions
PC (Fighter, Male, Elf)
BG1: Sandrah | Sirene | Jen’Lig | Coran | Imoen
SoD: Sandrah | Sirene | Safana | Corwin | Dynaheir
BG2: Sandrah | Sirene | Amber | Coran | Imoen
ToB: Sandrah | Sirene | Jen'Lig | Coran| Imoen

Coran NPC in BG2 Mod:
Coran now can be found in the Gate district in Athkatla and is available in BG2 as a fully developed companion. He can be summoned at the Pocket Plane in ToB.

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Vampire's Revenge not obtained by Ulcaster (needed for Quest with Ghosts in cave at Lathander Temple East):
    I dif following

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ULCAST") Ulcasters Ghost

C:CreateItem("Ulbook54",1) Ulcasters History Book

C:CreateItem("MISC82",1) Ancient Armor
    C:CreateItem("MISC48",1) Idol of Kozah

C:CreateItem("BOOK68",1) Nether Scroll

The History Book and Nether Scroll quest got completed, but he keeps saying

"...we all shall live again... someday..." but he doesn't exchange the Idol of Kozah and Ancient Armor for the Vampire's Revenge (+1?)..

If i drop the statue and the armor he keeps saying

"... the statue... and the amor... in exchange..." 

After looting it from the ground he keeps saying 

"...we all shall live again... someday..." again.. > no sword obtained..

• edited November 2018
    Vampire's Revenge not obtained by Ulcaster (needed for Quest with Ghosts in cave at Lathander Temple East):
    I dif following

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ULCAST") Ulcasters Ghost

C:CreateItem("Ulbook54",1) Ulcasters History Book

C:CreateItem("MISC82",1) Ancient Armor
    C:CreateItem("MISC48",1) Idol of Kozah

C:CreateItem("BOOK68",1) Nether Scroll

The History Book and Nether Scroll quest got completed, but he keeps saying

"...we all shall live again... someday..." but he doesn't exchange the Idol of Kozah and Ancient Armor for the Vampire's Revenge (+1?)..

If i drop the statue and the armor he keeps saying

"... the statue... and the amor... in exchange..." 

After looting it from the ground he keeps saying 

"...we all shall live again... someday..." again.. > no sword obtained..

Have you killed the doomsayer after the Nib event where you obtained the idol?
    Or test with C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_deaddoomsayer","Global",1).

Check that the item exists in your game with C:CreateItem("sw1h19")
    Also check GetGlobal("bd_knight_quest","GLOBAL") and if it is 1 after you gave the items.
  • edited November 2018
    Yes - that's the solution - killing Doomsayer solved it! Got the sword now. I did it it per code just for testing, because I'm at the very beginning of the game and just wanted to test if the problem still exists. Great thanks alot!  
  • Yes - that's the solution - killing Doomsayer solved it! Got the sword now. I did it it per code just for testing, because I'm at the very beginning of the game and just wanted to test if the problem still exists. Great thanks alot!  
    Update: I continued my playthrough: 
    - got Idol of Kozah at Ancient Ruins (Archeological Site)
    - killed Doomsayer
    - got Ancient Armor in Firewine Ruins
    - got Ulcaster's Dusty History book
    --> NO Sword, no Dialogue regarding the exchange for the idol and armor

BUT

then i cheated the Nether Scroll and the dialogue was there, i got the Vampire's Revenge +1 AND following Diary Entry:

"It seems my hunch was right about the deciphered writings on the ancient tome Duke Eltan gave me. I delivered the statue of the long forgotten god, Kozah, that I obtained from an excavation site guarded by a Doomsayer and a suit of ancient armor I retrieved from the Firewine Bridge to the wraith of Ulcaster, and, in return, the ghost gave me a mysterious blade saying "revenge... is... the key... to... the Vault..." I believe this to be something warranting further investigation"

So the actual version of the Vault Mod changes this
  • edited November 2018
    Yes, The Vault mod extends the the quest as described.
    You can ask Taerom about the sword and once you get to Baldur's Gate, ask the Gond priests at the Hall of Wonders. With all this information you can find the Vault and its treasures.
    You will also find a second Ancient Armor in the Northern Citadel. This is interchangeable with the other one, i.e. you can solve the Firewine Spirit quest early and the Vampire's Revenge later. Most likely this is how initially the mods were intended, because the later Vault adventures are aimed at higher level parties and the fact that you explored much more of the Sword Coast by then. There are some walkthroughs out there since a long time that spoil that, and maybe this urged you to solve the riddle so early?
    "The words "Kozah" "Firewine Armor" and "Ulcaster" have been rendered understandable. All other writing in this text is completely indecipherable and resists any such attempts at comprehension through normal magic or any other means." (Text of the Nether Scrolls)
  • edited November 2018
    Yes makes sense  :).

So in the Vault there's the Nether Scroll, right?

• And another big question: which items/containers transit over to SoD and then SoA - ToB? I have a Set of Containers from Ms. Godfrey too
  • Yes makes sense  :).

So in the Vault there's the Nether Scroll, right?

Once you get the book for Candlekeep from the Duke, a big quest starts before you can go to the library. During that quest you get the item. This is why I said earlier that the Vault version takes place much later in the higher chapters.

• Oh that's nice omg  B)

• edited November 2018
    Which items carry over to SoD, SoA, ToB?
    I have one set of containers from Ms. Godfrey (FAI) one set of Thalantyr..
  • If the protagonist has those bags, they should go to SoD and after the Korlasz dungeon be found in the chest in the room you arrive at Ducal Palace.
    Nothing is lost in the ToB transition.

(Others I do not know. I never use any containers myself, there is nothing in the game I need to store in excess to what goes into the normal inventory, least of all in an EET game.)
  • edited November 2018
    And transition to bg2? Where are the bags there? Do the equipped items stay on on the characters after transition to next games?

And do Sandrah's inventory items also carry over?
  • The PC and the vanilla cast lose their stuff when captured and brought to Irenicus Dungeon. Some of your stolen equipment is either where you find the key to the cells or later on the tables near the duergar. Which items are there depends on the mods you use, they can add on to the EET feature to move some items.
    How the mod NPCs arrive varies and depends on the way the individual modder has decided to handle it.
    Sandrah:
    She is not caught with you (see in final SoD scene) but follows the shadow thieves into the dungeon to find you. Thus she comes exactly like you left her at SoD end. Well, almost exactly. If she has too much to carry, she will drop excessive inventory on behalf of some items she gains in the meantime. So be careful if you try to cheat some stuff into SoA by giving it to her.
  • So the safest way to save my items/containers would be, to put the items from the NPCs into containers and distribute these on to my PC and Sandrah before transition to SoD and later SoA, right?
  • edited November 2018
    Bug: Teven/Raiken don't spawn in Larswood/Peldvale (I cheated Teven now.. Quest continuing)
    Solved: I need to follow Henning (Imoen's Love) Quest > going to Nashkell
  • edited November 2018
    Bug: Teven/Raiken don't spawn in Larswood/Peldvale (I cheated Teven now.. Quest continuing)
    Solved: I need to follow Henning (Imoen's Love) Quest > going to Nashkell
    The delay of Teven/Raiken is intended and part of Imoen's Quest, provided that you allow it to start (which you did as global set at 10 shows in your save). There are several paths to advance it, see also http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/152.

It is not considered a bug, Teven/Raiken will show up when your global (currently 10) either goes to 15 (quest failed) or over 19 (full story).
    The full road includes Nashkell and later Gullykin where a new area in that large waste part on the eastern side of the map is involved. More hints are in the smaller tents and the cave in the bandit camp before you enter the large tent. Also added are two extra levels in the Cloakwood Mines.
  • Where do i find Smeagols Ring for the halfling in gullykin? What's the real name of the ring?
  • Where do i find Smeagols Ring for the halfling in gullykin? What's the real name of the ring?
    A goblin south of the village has it around 320/3000. He is with some kobolds and his group may only spawn when you accept the quest. It is called Ring of Power and is cursed.
  • Roxanne said:
    Where do i find Smeagols Ring for the halfling in gullykin? What's the real name of the ring?
    A goblin south of the village has it around 320/3000. He is with some kobolds and his group may only spawn when you accept the quest. It is called Ring of Power and is cursed.
    Can' find Goblins there (Southwest)? Are these the Mouse Coordinates (Ctrl+x)?
  • Roxanne said:
    Where do i find Smeagols Ring for the halfling in gullykin? What's the real name of the ring?
    Can' find Goblins there (Southwest)? Are these the Mouse Coordinates (Ctrl+x)?
    x/y as you see them with CTRL +x

- A group of two kobolds, two kobold commandos and two goblins. Maybe you killed them already?
    Check C:GetGlobal("CMGHalfQuest","Global") should be 1
    Otherwise
    C:CreateCreature("CMGGob1")
  • Check C:GetGlobal("CMGHalfQuest","Global") was 1, yes. I sold the ring, because it was cursed. Quest solved.
  • edited November 2018
    Now i had a strange bug in the Bandit Camp. I infiltrated it per Teven > Tazok attacked > killed him in the fight > explored the whole Bandit Camp > Cave > healed the Orc > Big Tent > "Immortal" Tazok attacked me after the initial Dialog with his "Minion" (Bandit).

I reloaded, left the Tent directly after that dialogue and then Tazok wasn't hostile anymore and the dialogue with Jen'Lig was there..

It's ok now, but that seems like a bug, tazok shouldn't have been in the tent, i presume..

• edited November 2018
    Now i had a strange bug in the Bandit Camp. I infiltrated it per Teven > Tazok attacked > killed him in the fight > explored the whole Bandit Camp > Cave > healed the Orc > Big Tent > "Immortal" Tazok attacked me after the initial Dialog with his "Minion" (Bandit).

I reloaded, left the Tent directly after that dialogue and then Tazok wasn't hostile anymore and the dialogue with Jen'Lig was there..

It's ok now, but that seems like a bug, tazok shouldn't have been in the tent, i presume..

There are two variations of the Tazok/Jen'lig confrontation:
    - either you convince Tazok in the initial talk and leave camp with him for patrol. He then discovers Jen'lig, they have their talk and Tazok fights - he will not be in the tent in this case.
    - you did not convince him outside at the campfire and killed him. He will re-appear in the tent like in your last attempt, they talk there and then fight.
    - in both cases, Tazok  will appear a third time in Sarevok's temple in the final BG1 fight. The Iron Throne has enough healers that can resurrect the guy. (He also appears again in SoA, Firkraag's dungeon and RtF Fugue Plane).

PS - I used your save and when I enter the big tent, everything worked as expected. Reamon, the bandit, talked to PC, Tazok appeared to confront Jen'lig, Everybody fights and dies, Imoen talks with the captured elf etc...
  • edited November 2018
    OK... Strange, I was outside the camp when I entered Bandit Camp with Teven > Tazok fight > Tazok dead > Exploration > Cave > Tazok Tent > He was there

could you please check the Tazok Globals in my actual save (Cloakwood) if there'd any problems in the future playthrough?

The problem is, that Tazok doesn't die.. he's getting hostile but I can't kill him in the tent..
  • edited November 2018
    OK now everything's ok again, after he killed Sandrah he was BEATABLE..

Then there was another dialogue and he left the tent/camp.

• OK now everything's ok again, after he killed Sandrah he was killable so did I and then the dialogue started and he left the camp he's gone for now.

This Dialogue should have been before, when I entered the bandit Camp with Teven i presume?
    I found the issue, thanks.
    The action for Tazok to destroy the unkillable item he has does not trigger under the circumstances you had. It is done in the single dialogue line that does NOT trigger in the tent....
    I have corrected this. There should be no further issues from that in the remaining game.
  • arkadius855 said: 

Ok thx. So I beat him with dead Sandrah in Party and he left the tent after fight is this as it should be?
  • arkadius855 said: 

Ok thx. So I beat him with dead Sandrah in Party and he left the tent after fight is this as it should be?
    Not at all. But at least you could solve it by some chance.

What you want to do to advance Jen'lig's quest is to
    C:SetGlobal("SanTazPatrl","GLOBAL",3)

Also, did you stop by the FAI and meet Elminster on your way to Cloakwood?
  • I set the Global now and before i was at Elminister in FAI.
    Could you please check my actual savegame if it's ok by now?
  • I was digging a bit and I think I got to the source of the double appearing Tazok in your case.
    It was caused by the revised code in BGEE v2.5 for the chapter transition after bandit camp. I did not test the tent variation of the Tazok event after that game update. It worked with previous versions but needs additional code now for v2.5.
    I have updated this now.