Deep Gnomes on the Sword Coast

So, in the BG1 portion of the Deep Gnomes mod I have found a shield that Karaea Harfuthlock promises to upgrade. However, there seems to be no dialogue option to upgrade the item.

I have

- Knight's Shield
- Mirror (found in a house in Nashkel)
- 1 Diamond
- Over 24500gp

The dialogue options just go round in circles with no option to trigger the upgrade. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Green said:
    So, in the BG1 portion of the Deep Gnomes mod I have found a shield that Karaea Harfuthlock promises to upgrade. However, there seems to be no dialogue option to upgrade the item.

I have

- Knight's Shield
    - Mirror (found in a house in Nashkel)
    - 1 Diamond
    - Over 24500gp

The dialogue options just go round in circles with no option to trigger the upgrade. Am I doing something wrong?

The Karaea dialogue does not recognize correctly the diamond even if you have it.

I will correct this in the mod.

If you want to post your version of the file agkaraea.dlg from the BG2EE/override folder, I can try to fix it for your running game.

PS - If that is too cumbersome, you can use console to
    C:CreateItem("agshld02")
    to get the upgraded shield - drop diamond and mirror to be fair.
  • Hello,
    thats a real pity, if that with the shield isnt working ;-(
    I know it from the BGT days, it was perfect (against basilisks and such)

If there is a (simple) solution to that, i would also be interested!

Thnx for your great support!

PS: can I change a dlg file in NI so easily or do I need a kind of .dlg editor ?

• Lundar said:
    Hello,
    thats a real pity, if that with the shield isnt working ;-(
    I know it from the BGT days, it was perfect (against basilisks and such)

If there is a (simple) solution to that, i would also be interested!

Thnx for your great support!

PS: can I change a dlg file in NI so easily or do I need a kind of .dlg editor ?

The easy way is to C:CreateItem("agshld02") as the shield exists in the game, just the dialogue was bugged so that you do not get it from Karaea.
    It is fixed now.
    You can fix it yourself in NI editing mod. It is the AgKaraea.dlg and you want to look for trigger 172 and change it to
    PartyGoldGT(11249)
    PartyHasItem("misc02") //Mirror
    PartyHasItem("misc42") //Diamond
    PartyHasItem("agshld01")  // Knight's Shield +1

There are a number of other changes I made, but this one is the crucial to get the shield upgraded.
  • Hello!

I reached the stage where I wanted to get the Shield, that means, I have the components.
    The upgrade still doesnt work, even when I do the changes above ;-(

What about the other upgrades ?
    There are a lot %tsuxxxx" Item names in the dlg file!

• perhaps you will have a dlg file, that is working ?

• edited November 2018
    Lundar said:
    perhaps you will have a dlg file, that is working ?

The easy way is to C:CreateItem("agshld02") as the shield exists in the game, just the dialogue was bugged so that you do not get it from Karaea.
    Exchanging dlg-files does not work because of the different string references in every individual game, i.e. you will get garbage text.

PS- In the current updated version of the mod everything is working well. It is hard to do remote repair in an ongoing game though.