Tweaks Anthology

I was trying out Tweaks Anthology's "Alter Weapon Proficiency System" with "BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies: Without Weapon Styles" selected. Everything's working just fine; I'm just dissatisfied with the result.

I'd like to change it to one of the other selections, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do that mid game. If it is, how do I go about doing that? If it will only work on a new game, I'm still not sure how to run the mod again to change it. I'm running a lot of mods set-up by the EE Mod setup tool in case that's relevant.

Comments

• edited October 20
    1. It is not possible to change this mid game because of the type of files that are modified by this tweak.
    2. To change it in a current install to be effective in a new run may be possible but depends on your overall mod selection. To tell you more, you need to post your weidu.log (a file you find in the game directory where you installed your mods).
    3. Apart from possibility of 2. , the best/easiest way might just be to do a new installation.
    4. Generally, there is often a way to add or modify mod settings even in ongoing games. Especially the big tweaks like SCS or Anthology are exceptions since they change overall game behavior in many places.

The specific component you ask about makes changes to description and to proficiency for joinable NPCs - and those work only on creatures you never met before, or stores and areas you never visited in your play. The further you are in your game, the more inconsistencies you get when changing the setup.
  • Thanks for the quick response.

Here's my weidu log.
  • It is possible to exchange the cdtweaks component 2162

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2162 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, Without Weapon Styles (the bigg): v7

with another one - even if it is a very cumbersome procedure due to the subsequent mods you have installed.

If you open the weidu.log with some text editor, go and find the above entry. Everything that is listed after that component needs to be manually uninstalled in REVERSE order, i.e. starting from the last one until you reach 2162 (full mods can be uninstalled in one go, the only exception you have are the stratagems component in the second part.). To uninstall the mods you need to use their respective setup-xxxmod.exe from the game directory, you cannot use the Install Tool for this purpose - it is a special Weidu process that restores the back-up files of each component.
    When you reach 2162, you uninstall it and in a second step install the one you want instead of it.
    Afterwards you need to install all the other mods again, this time in the forward sequence.

Even then, be aware that the changes will only affect NPCs, stores, areas etc you have not yet met or visited.

The above is a technical statement only. Consider carefully if it is worth the effort. Depending on how far into the game you are, a new installation and a re-start may be the better option.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    There is another option but I cannot guarantee that it works. I never used it, but before you delete your game and do a new installation you might as well try it.

Just start the setup-cdtweaks.exe. When the options are presented, tell it to only (u)ninstall the above component but make no other changes to the configuration.
    Now Weidu will restore all mods automatically (this will take some time). The result, if successful, will be your modded game but without the offending component.
    Once Weidu has finished, you can try and call again setup-cdtweaks.exe to add an alternative component for proficiencies. (The reason I cannot guarantee success here is that whatever alternative you select may or may not have a dependency on other mods that is not met when it is the last component to be installed.) Anyway, it may be worth a try if  otherwise you will not use this installation upon failure.
  • So, if I'm reading your response correctly, it IS possible to change this mid-game using the procedures you outlined? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

• So, if I'm reading your response correctly, it IS possible to change this mid-game using the procedures you outlined? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.
    Yes, it is technically possible. There will be traces of the old configuration on NPCs you already met etc, but all new encounters will have the new setup. And...you may find the effort not worth the result.
  • Ok, thanks for your help.
  • The second option seems to have worked...at least for now.

No idea what it means, but I did see the following error messages in the command prompt.

Will uninstall 838 files for [EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2] component 2063.
    ERROR: error copying [EET_Tweaks/backup/2063/SPPR701.SPL]
    ERROR: error copying [EET_Tweaks/backup/2063/SPRA302.SPL]
    ERROR: error copying [EET_Tweaks/backup/2063/SPWI519.SPL]
    Uninstalled    838 files for [EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2] component 2063.

• Some changes made by mods do not create a backup that can be restored. In your case ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2063 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 25%: 1.7 It should not give you any problems. It is just weidu looking for everything it has on record as being changed by a mod.
  • Hi,
    after you helped me with my ascension problem I have another problem with tweaks anthology. As mentioned in the gibberlings forums (http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29678&&page=2) I have a problem with the 'Alter <class> Spell Progression Table' components.
    Regarding the EE Mod Setup Tool there seems to be a small bug in conflict detection. As described in the referenced thread the conflict is hardcoded to skip any installation attempt but the Setup Tool only reports the un-nerfed version as conflicted, not the P&P version.
    In my install I selected the P&P version with the consequence that it wasn't installed and I nearly didn't get any error or warning (ok in the log you could see the skipping).

The problem is I would really like to install these components. So is there any way to make this possible? I'm not sure if I remove the conflict checks manually and install the mod despite the conflicts, if the installation leads to weird behavior later on.

On a second note, on a short glimpse I didn't find any level 50 ruleset. While I can disable the xp cap, I couldn't find this. Is there such a thing I thought TDD installed this by default, or some other mod (BP maybe?)???
  • What I need to do is to inspect the conflicts in the Install Tool to see if all cases are detected. However the only effects this will have is to give you a warning and prevent the installation to pause with a *skipped* warning.
    Overwriting the warning will have no impact since the cdtweaks.tp2 prevents installation anyway if RoTerror or TDD is detected.

The only way to enforce it would be to remove the
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS         ~data/rot-rule.bif~ @16 // non-RoT
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT FILE_EXISTS         ~data/tdd-rule.bif~ @16 // non-TDD
    lines from the tp2. Taking into account whatever side effects that may have...
  • BP provides level 50 ruleset - but only for BG2EE, not compatible with EET. And even in BG2EE it may or may not work. It is probably better to use one of the more modern and specialized mods that add HLAs for whatever class you are interested in.
  • edited November 19
    @Roxanne, thanks you for your help. I circumnavigated the progression table problem by manually moving the relevant .2da files into the override folder before the installation of SCS (which will then hopefully consider the new tables for npc enemies).
    Regarding the LVL 50 ruleset, I wasn't so much interested in new hlas as I wanted the table for additional levels up to level 50 purley from an imersion point of view. Even if nothing changing during level up (except maybe hp) this would prevent the feeling in the endgame that the progression just stopped. However I think I can manage with only 40 levels ;).
  • edited December 6
    I just noticed that the ''remove experience cap' (2090) component includes the level 50 tables I wanted. But the installer has warnings attached to this component. Is there a specific reason for this. Are there known issues with this component?

• Throari said:
    I just noticed that the ''remove experience cap' (2090) component includes the level 50 tables I wanted. But the installer has warnings attached to this component. Is there a specific reason for this. Are there known issues with this component?
    It does not seem to work with the structure of some 2da files as they are in EE.
    I have no more detail at this moment since G3 and SHS sites are down and most likely those reports were made there.

Looking at the history (also of BWS), this is an old issue. There has been no update report of whether the issue may be solved with the new version of the game or the new version of anthology, just in case any of the two have changed something here - I am not aware of such a change.

Just in case you venture to try it, maybe you can provide some fresher insight?
  • Didn't have time yet to test this in game but the installation went through without stopping errors. The source code suggests that the shaman class is explicitly considered, so at least there were updates after the release of SOD. Since there are lot's of 2das patched it would really help to know which 2das are conflicted. But until we can check with gibberlings/shs I guess I will test some files in game.
  • edited December 7
    A short in game test with a cleric/mage reveals no problem in leveling up to level 50. I also checked some 2da -files which I think are connected to character lvl. Most seems to be fine (e.g. mx*.2da for spells, all the save tables I checked, all the HP tables I checked). Currently there seems to be only some 2da files where entries for level 41-50  are designated but without value (e.g. XPBONUS.2DA)or where levels over 40 aren't designated at all (e.g. XPLIST.2DA). I don't know if they are related to leveling at all and if this leads to abnormal behavior later in the game or if the last value (e.g. for lvl 40) or 0 are taken.

EDIT I checked the changelog:
    - XPBONUS.2DA is edited by eet_tweaks which messes up the entries after lvl 41. The backup version seems to contain the correct entries. I'm not sure about the consequences, but this should either lead to a conflict, or eet_tewaks must check for lvl50 rulesets
    - XPLIST.2DA doesn't seem to be edited by cdtweaks at all meaning it's either not important for lvl 50 or they forgot about it.
  • edited December 7
    I have found an entry in an old github entry that relates cdtweaks 2090 to backstab.2da.
    There is no detail provided, just this comment.
    I have no idea what it means or if this is helpful for your research. It is a 3 years old comment for some update made, nothing more.

Just another comment
    My party is midway through the final battle in ToB against Melissan. The highest levels I have for my single class NPCs are 30 for a rogue and 24 for a kensai. My fighter protagonist is 27. Multiclass highest is 19/18 fighter/priest, which is Sandrah who is in party ever since I left Candlekeep. No way to get level 40+ for me although I have nearly every mod for EET installed and been through almost every quest. Is level 50 any fun?
  • The backstab.2da seems to be pretty consistent with the other .2da files. At the moment I can't detect anything wrong (exept the problem with EET_Tweaks). Maybe there will be more once gibberlings is back online.

Level 50 can be usefull if you are running with a smaller groups (or even solo). However the effects are mostly cosmetic (a little bit more hp). There are some side effects regarding dispel magic, wild surges, etc.
    Regarding your setup, the level indicators are really usefull. May I ask if you are playing with any/some 'reduce xp' mods?
  • Throari said:
    Level 50 can be usefull if you are running with a smaller groups (or even solo). However the effects are mostly cosmetic (a little bit more hp). There are some side effects regarding dispel magic, wild surges, etc.
    Regarding your setup, the level indicators are really usefull. May I ask if you are playing with any/some 'reduce xp' mods?
    I use these settings for EET which I think are adequate if you play with many content mods like I do
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Total XP CAP -> Disabled
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default)
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2052 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 50%
    ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2062 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 50%

I have also disabled the "max HP on level up" feature that is in Gameplay Options.
    I combine this with the standard SCS components. Another thing worth mentioning is that I use a lot of different NPCs all through the game - not to keep them at lower level but more because I am always curious to try new ones out when I meet them.