Upgrading Gorion's dagger //

edited October 4 in - Sandrah Saga
Dear Roxanne,

I have 2 (minor?) problems. It might be my own fault (doing random impulsive adventure, thereby not doing things in order).
After the Bandit camp, I directly when to rescue Henning, skipping FAI. That was last week. Just now, I read how to upgrade Gorion's dagger, and I went to the temple at FAI. Elminster wasn't there. I have been doing lots of other adventuring in the meantime (DSotSC and Dark Horizon). Is it too late to upgrade Gorion's dagger?

(The other problem concerns Drizz't being nowhere, but will post a separate discussion/thread about it).

Comments

• edited October 4
    The upgrade is done by Elminster (the normal Elminster appearance at FAI outdoors after bandit camp in Chapter4). He will not spawn if you are already in another chapter.
    You can cheat him in
    C:CreateCreature("elmin3")

Are you talking about Drizzt at fisherman's lake or the one from Drizzt Saga?
    - I just observed the vanilla Drizzt yesterday myself with new patch 2.6 of the game, he walks around randomly and sometimes is hard to find among the trees.
    - The quest Drizzt will appear outside of Durlag's tower after you finished the dungeon. He will talk to you and then travel to Ulgoth's Beard where you can recruit him.
  • Hi Roxanne,

About Drizz't; The encounter at fisherman's lake proceeded as normal. There was banter between Drizz't and Sandrah. Afterwards, I tried to get the diary of Dynaheir and I read in some topics that Drizz't is wandering around the wilderness or at the round between Nashkel and Beregrost. I never found him at these places.

I continued my adventure and went to Durlags and finished it. Anyways, Drizz't also wasn't at the Tower back then. I will revisit Durlag's tomorrrow. 

• edited October 5
    The Dynaheir Drizzt appears either at Red Canyons or in these areas
    Trade Way North
    Ancient Ruins
    Trade Way South
    Bear River
    Xvart Village
    Dryad Falls
    Fire Leaf Forest
    You can check these globals
    C:GetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL") must be 1, Dyna gave the quest
    C:GetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL") if it is already 1, then Drizzt has spawned somewhere already and you may have missed him (you can set it to 0 and re-visit one of the areas)
    Drizzt must not be dead from a previous encounter.

For Drizzt to appear after Durlag you have to possess either the dagger for Hurgar or have killed the Death Knight. Also you must have helped him with the Gnolls before.
    Check for this global
    C:GetGlobal("HelpDrizzt","GLOBAL") it must be 1
    Of course, Drizzt must still be alive from the previous encounter.

At this point it may also be useful to check if the game still considers Drizzt to be alive (there has been a recent case where some NPC was considered dead although standing right in front of the party...)
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_deadDrizzt","Global") does not exist or is 0. If it has a value, then there is the issue.

• Alright, I force spawned Elminster and he upgraded my dagger.

As for Drizz't; both C:GetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL") and C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_deadDrizzt","Global")  gave me: does not exist.
    I've changed these to 0. At the moment, I am exploring the places you gave me hoping to find Drizz't.

The DynaJournal global is 1
    HelpDrizzt global is also 1

Will keep you posted :)
  • MaisCream said:
    Alright, I force spawned Elminster and he upgraded my dagger.

As for Drizz't; both C:GetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL") and C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_deadDrizzt","Global")  gave me: does not exist.
    I've changed these to 0. At the moment, I am exploring the places you gave me hoping to find Drizz't.

The DynaJournal global is 1
    HelpDrizzt global is also 1

Will keep you posted :)
    Silly remark, maybe...Dynaheir is in your party?

• I've been walking around in these locations, but still haven't found Drizz't. Does he appear only during certain hours? 
  • edited October 5
    All is very strange...if Dynaheir is in the party and not disabled in some way.
    Can you look for Dynaheir.bcs in your BG2EE/override and post it here?

Or you may look into the file yourself if you are acquainted with the code and look for the block that has Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",1) in the conditions.
  • hmmm I tried to upload the file but the file type is not allowed.

Maybe change it to txt format? Or would that screw up the bcs file?
  • MaisCream said:
    hmmm I tried to upload the file but the file type is not allowed.

Maybe change it to txt format? Or would that screw up the bcs file?
    You can zip or rar it, but just change the extension will work as well.

• Alright, here it is.  Changed bcs into txt. :)
  • edited October 6
    MaisCream said:
    Alright, here it is.  Changed bcs into txt. :)
    Is this really the file from BG2EE/Override not the one from BG1?

If yes...
    It is as I feared...how did you install BG1NPC mod?
    It has not translated the area references to the EET names.
    Most likely the same has happened with Drizzt Saga.

Can you post your WeiDU-BGEE.log and Weidu.log from BG2EE?
  • edited October 7
    Oh phew. The previous Dynaheir file was from the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder . I also have Baldur's Gate II EE folder (untouched aside from mods).

I installed the mods using the EE-Mod-Setup-master. Afterwards, I added some extra minor mods.

Weird enough though....i encountered Drizz't at Durlag's, did the Hell quest, and I'm in Ten-Towns (or some other town in the north).

The enclosed file the is Dynaheir.bcs file frrom the BG2EE/Overrride folder. Hope this one is alright.
  • edited October 7
    This looks much better, also good to hear that Drizzt at Durlag worked. The BG2EE file has the correct references and this is the one that EET uses. The installation looks fine.

So, with all the globals correct and the script intact, I really see no reason why the Dynaheir journal quest should not start. Provided that Dynaheir is in your party as it will not happen without her.

As a last chance you can do this:
    Go to one of the listed areas and seek a bit of open space. Make sure no enemy is around and you are not in battle. Dynaheir must be with you and not silenced/sleeping etc.
    Now use console and enter
    C:SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",2)      
    C:SetGlobal("X#DQDrizztSpawn","GLOBAL",1)

Drizzt should appear and the quest continues.

• Ah! i see! Dynaheir wasn't in my party. I think that is the problem. ^_^;; Will invite her (and Minsc) in my party.

Otherwise I will use the SetGlobal method :)
  • MaisCream said:
    Ah! i see! Dynaheir wasn't in my party. I think that is the problem. ^_^;; Will invite her (and Minsc) in my party.

Otherwise I will use the SetGlobal method :)
    The whole quest is coded in that Dynaheir.bcs which is her personal script. This script only is used in the game when the respective creature is present.
  • I'm still in Icewind Dale, not back in Sword's coast yet ^^;;  Will let you know how it goes.