Tamoko Question

I want to play Tamoko with BGEE and SoD. Why is she only EET when she never appears after that?

Comments

• The reason is compatibility with the complete game.
    Although Tamoko only originally appeared in BG1 and my mod adds her to SoD, her story continues even during BG2 and especially ToB. Even when she does not appear in person in later parts, there are a number of mods and vanilla events that make reference to her and her role for Sarevok.
    The Tamoko mod ripples into those later parts and adds contents to make her story and end compatible with the remaining game. Thus, the story continues beyond her death and that can only be accomplished in the EET context.
  • The only real issue I found with compatibility was UB Sarevok's remorse component. The thing with that component is its incompatibility with a large number of other mods, most important Ascension!
    I question if compatibility with some component that most players may never see justifies the EET-only restriction?
  • Alba17 wrote: »
    I want to play Tamoko with BGEE and SoD. Why is she only EET when she never appears after that?
    The only real issue I found with compatibility was UB Sarevok's remorse component. The thing with that component is its incompatibility with a large number of other mods, most important Ascension!
    I question if compatibility with some component that most players may never see justifies the EET-only restriction?

You can go into the mod's tp2-file prior install and modify this:
    BEGIN ~The Sword of Chaos~
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~ eet~ @1

to

Then install and test on BGEE+SoD game. It probably will work but I have not tested it.
  • I tried this and it's installed now in SoD. Just started the game so It'll be some time till I meet Tamoko and can make any report on how it works.
    Thanks everyone, this is quite quick feedback here.
  • Roxanne wrote: »
    Alba17 wrote: »
    The only real issue I found with compatibility was UB Sarevok's remorse component. The thing with that component is its incompatibility with a large number of other mods, most important Ascension!

You can go into the mod's tp2-file prior install and modify this:

to

Then install and test on BGEE+SoD game. It probably will work but I have not tested it.
    Alba17 wrote: »
    I tried this and it's installed now in SoD. Just started the game so It'll be some time till I meet Tamoko and can make any report on how it works.
    Thanks everyone, this is quite quick feedback here.

Doesn't work! I tried your suggestion but it fails with errors. What is wrong?
  • I forgot to mention that you get 2 errors and that you need to just remove the lines mentioned in the errors as well. Those are EET files that don't exist in SoD.
    I will test what the impact may be, but the install works. If that's to be official one day, the tp2 needs to make some extra checks for GAME_IS.
  • One of them works by removing, it's the one with STRING_SET.
    But the Imoen one can't be removed. The Dukes dialogue breaks if she is in party. You can work around by kicking her out prior talking to Belt. The real solution would be to use the correct Imoen dialogue for the BGEE.
    The mod has to wait until I decide to go for EET one day.
  • Sorry to disillusion you - but forcing the installation on SoD is one thing and getting a playable mod is another. Even after you get it to work, it makes little sense because:
    the solution and final of the mod takes place in Irenicus Dungeon once you gain the sword of chaos (the mod is named after it, remember?). This of course can only be accomplished with EET.
  • I see, thanks for heads up.
  • There's another reason for EET. The mod was created in the first place to make the transition to SoD less sudden. The original main part was the delay with the report to the dukes
    and where the sword was stolen.
    Meeting Tamoko came second. That was on some discussion in Gibberlings forum which I can't quote right now since the forum is dead.
  • edited August 2018
    Excuse me, but i can find this Tamoko MOD anywhere...Could you show me the link or homepage where i can download this MOD? I'm really interested in this Tamoko MOD...

Oh...i just found it on EE MOD setup tool... the Sword of Chaos... Thanks...
  • far7070 said:
    Excuse me, but i can find this Tamoko MOD anywhere...Could you show me the link or homepage where i can download this MOD? I'm really interested in this Tamoko MOD...

Oh...i just found it on EE MOD setup tool... the Sword of Chaos... Thanks...
    Mod page is this

Direct download Iis
  • The transition into SoD is not initiating for me when I return to the Temple of Bhaal. I killed Tamoko before the fight with Sarevok and I am not sure if that is causing it to not start. What is the global variable that is supposed to initiate to take me into SoD?
  • edited December 2018
    The transition is not depending on Tamoko - she is just an extra and you CAN meet her when you talked to the dukes but you need not. (Of course you will not meet her if you killed her before.)

Check this
    C:GetGlobal("Swo_Delay","Global")

It should be 3 after your visit to the dukes and when you enter the temple afterwards.
    This starts the SoD transition.

Do you have Jen'lig or Sandrah in the party? In this case check that Jen'lig has the silver sword from Semaj.
  • I have the Sandrah mod; however, I am not playing through with those characters on this playthrough. I basically get back to the Bhaal temple, it removes the Sword of Chaos quest, and appears to move my save file into the SoD expansion without actually taking me to the Tomb of Korlaz (sp?) and kicking off the expansion.
  • edited December 2018

I have the Sandrah mod; however, I am not playing through with those characters on this playthrough. I basically get back to the Bhaal temple, it removes the Sword of Chaos quest, and appears to move my save file into the SoD expansion without actually taking me to the Tomb of Korlaz (sp?) and kicking off the expansion.
    This seems to point at another bug that is not related to a mod but a change in the transition after the patch 2.5 update. Maybe your installation is older than the patch that I introduced with Install Tool (if you used the tool at all).

Exit the game and put the bcs-file into your BG2EE/override (the game where EET is installed).
    Restart the game and go into the temple to see if it works. Make sure your party is out of sight of the dead Sarevok and wait a few seconds. If nothing happens, you may need to do
    C:SetGlobal("EndofBG1","Global",0)

If that does not help
    C:Eval('StartCutScene("BDSoDTRN")')

• I ended up uninstalling the mod and loading a save game I had right before my fight with Sarevok. I beat him and it transitioned into SoD just fine.

I appreciate your help!
  • edited December 2018

I ended up uninstalling the mod and loading a save game I had right before my fight with Sarevok. I beat him and it transitioned into SoD just fine.

I appreciate your help!
    You do not miss anything by this because you killed Tamoko earlier. All the mod has without her is the delayed transition with the visit to the dukes, which you played through.
    The main idea behind this delay part was to give players a chance to go back and finish any open business after Sarevok's death and before moving to SoD. This was a bit in the tradition of how BGT worked and also the first BG1 version where you could do the TotSC quests later.

Note that I added a check to the mod's code that prevents a loop of globals being reset under some condition. I cannot say if this caused your issue without getting a savegame of the situation, but it is an improvement anyway for the case that somebody runs into that case.
  • Is this normal Safana doesn't join at Korlasz tomb?

• Is this normal Safana doesn't join at Korlasz tomb?
    This is not changed in any way by the mod but is vanilla behaviour.
    In SoD Safana only is added to the party if a) you have Imoen (who force-leaves at that point) and b) the party has no thief.
    If you have a party of six without Imoen or you are thief or have one, Safana is not forced.
  • So she won't join into 5 men party? Good thing I modded Viconia to be shadowdancer...

Also, kicking Tamoko at beginning/killing her doesn't change anything in content?

• So she won't join into 5 men party? Good thing I modded Viconia to be shadowdancer...

Also, kicking Tamoko at beginning/killing her doesn't change anything in content?

If you come with a full party to Korlsz' tomb, no replacement member will be created. Only if you are missing a party member, your ranks will be filled. It depends on your party constellation which vanilla NPC is created - it is not always Safana. It may be e.g. Minsc if you lack a fighter.

If Tamoko dies or is kicked out while in your party, she is gone for good.
  • K, last question, do I miss much if I won't bother with Tamoko (I looked into her spells and they are meh, also I have Viconia for cleric duty...)

• K, last question, do I miss much if I won't bother with Tamoko (I looked into her spells and they are meh, also I have Viconia for cleric duty...)
    From the readme:
    "Tamoko comes with the stats and equipment of the original character. She is a neutral/evil cleric. Her dialogues will reveal a bit of the inner circle around Sarevok but she does not want to be a victim of her past anymore. Joining you may give her a third chance in her life to turn things around after two tragic failures that lie behind her.
    Tamoko will stay with you during SoD until she meets her fate..."

Means that I have not changed her from the original Tamoko that was sent by Sarevok to kill you in the Undercity.
    From her content, she tells you some details about Sarevok but also has gained further insight from him into the bhaalspawn matters. She has a number of banters with the protagonist about the main story of the trilogy. She knows more than anyone at that point of the plot about the prophesy (except those you have not yet met, Irenicus and Melissan).
    She has as much content as SoD would allow for an NPC given its already pretty eventful setting.