Conflict with Tome and Blood revised Identify

I am getting a strange problem from Tome and Blood's revised identify spell.
The spell casts, but it does not identify anything. Instead, it invokes a contingency screen I have never seen before. This was weird enough that I thought to post here as well as at Gibberlings.

Comments

• edited October 18
    Sorry, I have not seen anything on that topic mentioned anywhere. Since I never use all of those spell revisions myself, I have no idea.
    The information provided by the mod itself is rather cryptic:
    "COMPONENT 16: Revised Identify Spell

This component changes Identify into a 2nd-level spell, and allows it to scale with level, such that at 15th level the caster can identify 4 items with a single casting of the spell. (NB: this involves modifications to the UI. It may not work with some UI overhauls installed beforehand, and it likely won't work with any UI overhauls installed afterward.)"
    quoted from mod readme

As a first measure I would propose to uninstall the EET alternative GUI -> Siege of Dragonspear which is the last mod in sequence anyway. See if that helps.
    (simply run the setup-EET_gui.exe from the BG2EE directory and uninstall)

• That was it. I suppose EET created a new ui for contingency and somehow it got invoked.
    I knew it said to watch out for UI's but I didn't think of EET as having one. Lucky it was last one installed

• Is the problem here that there is only one hook for an alternate screen? Perhaps someone can come up with a way to share it.
  • Vreejack said:
    Is the problem here that there is only one hook for an alternate screen? Perhaps someone can come up with a way to share it.
    As much as I love the EET own GUI myself, it has not been updated since the 2.5 game release and it does not support some newer mod functions.
    The one you found is among them, the other known so far is the feat system from Might and Guile. In addition some EEUITweaks components do not work with it, and the difficulty slider from SCS is not supported.
    This is what I know of so far.