Tamoko Script Redundancy

I've had Tamoko join me, we are in the initial SoD dungeon. Everything is hunky-dory until after the first battle with Followers of Sarevok. After they're killed, her character initiates the dialogue "Shall I join you once more?" to CHARNAME. Regardless of how many times I say yes, she re-initiates about once per second. 

Clearly something is off in her scripts. I'm looking at it with EEKeeper and finding nothing. Has anyone else found/solved this problem? 

Comments

• Interestingly this issue only occurs once we cross the first rope bridge. If I move Tamoko back behind the rope bridge, the dialogue re-initiates. This applies to level 2, as well: she perma-initiates there. 
  • edited October 10
    Something may have prevented her dialogue file to be set correctly.
    Try this with console
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("Tamoko",SetDialogue("TamokoJ")')
  • So far, 

Action errors: Action:ActionOverwrite not found. Check for proper brackets. Line number: 1. 

• jackjacky said:
    So far, 

Action errors: Action:ActionOverwrite not found. Check for proper brackets. Line number: 1. 

In deed, my mind must have been elsewhere...
    It is of course ActionOverride

• I don't know how you do it, but that resolved it perfectly. She's doing normal plot dialogues now. Thank you for your help!
  • I might be off my rocker, but post-Korlasz tomb Tamoko keeps doing the "initiating dialogue" pose without saying anything. We've just survived the assassins in the Ducal Palace. Are there dialogues I'm missing out on due to the override command? 
  • jackjacky said:
    I might be off my rocker, but post-Korlasz tomb Tamoko keeps doing the "initiating dialogue" pose without saying anything. We've just survived the assassins in the Ducal Palace. Are there dialogues I'm missing out on due to the override command? 
    Just repeat the command.
    Something resets the dialogue...?

If you are familiar with Near Infinity, look up Tamoko's entries in the bddialog.2da file.
    Otherwise, go to the override folder of your game and look for that file - copy it, zip or rar it, and post in as an attachment.

• When I try the same command, this time I get an "action error" message, identical to the first error message.

Checking from the override folder, there's no bddialog.2da. It goes straight from BDDAGG07.ITM to BDDOORCH.BCS. 
  • I see. I was assuming it was an EET game but it seems you play BGEE/SoD standalone.

If so, just extract the attached file and put it into the override folder. Hopefully that solves it. (You have to exit the game and re-start it after you added the file.)
  • Done and done, thank you. How will I "check" for her initiated dialogue?
  • Maybe you need to synchronise her globals for something you have missed.
    I assume you are still inside the Ducal Palace. Go to the second floor (area code BD0100 if you just enter x while your cursor is in the area map).
    If she does not come up with a matching dialogue, enter this into console:
    C:SetGlobal("Swo_TamokInt","Global",4)

She should be fine thereafter if she came up with something about the Ducal Palace and Sarevok.
  • Seems to be in order. Thank you!