Possible Bug? Region of Terror - Saving Drizzt Companions while with Sandrah in party.

I just wanted to report a possible quest-chain breaking bug that happened to me yesterday: in the Region of Terror mod for the EET. Apparently, while Having Sandrah in the party, and defeating Errtu, to save regis, as soon as I enter the second level of the cave where Errtu is, I got a dialogue from Regis telling me "I'll be joining drizzt. Goodbye. ( even if I just entered the second level of the cave, and still had to defeat Errtu). Quest goes normally till I defeat him, then, regis is not there. Had the same issue with Bruenor appearing out of no where in the Ultima Master's house, before I started the quest to save regis, telling me the very same thing, and being stuck. I left the quest aside for the moment, loaded a previous save yesterday.

Am I doomed, or can it be fixed? :)

Comments

• This is a very odd issue, because the dialogue you get is from the case where Regis would have joined you and you had Drizzt in the party and kick Drizzt out. In that case, Regis would go with him.
    In order to fire that dialogue, Regis must be using his joined dialogue instead of a neutral one.

Try this:
    - PutExtract the attached file into BG2EE/override
    - console C:CreateCreature("Reg2")

See if you get the right dialogue now.
  • Also
    C:SetGlobal("DrizztKickedOut","GLOBAL",0)
  • Can you also please check this
    C:GetGlobal("SanRotRepl","GLOBAL")
    Is it even set?
  • C:GetGlobal("SanRotRepl","GLOBAL") is set to 1. Regis worked fine now! Since bruenor gave me a similar issue as Regis, should i try to fix him too before i embark to save him, or that is unneeded?

Thanx rox. you are a script wizard!
  • edited September 2018

Celeghir said:
    C:GetGlobal("SanRotRepl","GLOBAL") is set to 1. Regis worked fine now! Since bruenor gave me a similar issue as Regis, should i try to fix him too before i embark to save him, or that is unneeded?

Thanx rox. you are a script wizard!
    I see where the issue comes from. That global should be at 2. You missed one RoT cutscene that should have happened in one of the inns or temples in Athkatla. This would have set all the other globals correctly...
    So either set the global to 2 or visit one of the inns or shops on the promenade to get the scene and setting the global.

I will see if I can make this more robust to avoid such a situation for others.

PS - Since you found Regis even without Bruenor, I think you can just go on.
  • I fred Bruenor, all fine with quest and xp points, but I didn't receive a jurnal update about it. I guess that's not an issue, really, and I can just go on? :) 

For all other aspects, game runs fine!

• edited September 2018

Celeghir said:
    I fred Bruenor, all fine with quest and xp points, but I didn't receive a jurnal update about it. I guess that's not an issue, really, and I can just go on? :) 

For all other aspects, game runs fine!

RoT does not provide journal entries for the quest log. The original never did and it was not changed.
    There are entries in the *Journal* part of the journal.
  • Hello,
    I have a similar issue with Regis with the EE edition.
    He s absolutely mute and I can't approach to him, just his off voice is present.
    reg2.bcs is in my override
    ps : Wulfgar and Drizzt are in my team but I can't speak to Drizzt, Wulf is ok.
    pps : Should I download Near Infinity in order to resolve this problem ?
  • edited October 7
    Mojoo said:
    Hello,
    I have a similar issue with Regis with the EE edition.
    He s absolutely mute and I can't approach to him, just his off voice is present.
    reg2.bcs is in my override
    ps : Wulfgar and Drizzt are in my team but I can't speak to Drizzt, Wulf is ok.
    pps : Should I download Near Infinity in order to resolve this problem ?
    All three tanaari must be dead. You can check it with console by entering
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadErrtu","Global")
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadTannar2","Global")
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadTannar3","Global")

All three should be at 1.

PS - Drizzt has nothing to say if you force talk him, that is normal.
  • I've already killed the three Tanaari.
    Ok, I m going to check with console now
  • Mojoo said:
    I've already killed the three Tanaari.
    Ok, I m going to check with console now
    You need to initiate dialogue with Regis yourself. Drizzt and Wulfgar must be alive if both are in the party at that time.
  • All Tanaari are at 1 but unfortunatly Regis is always mute...
  • edited October 7
    Mojoo said:
    All Tanaari are at 1 but unfortunatly Regis is always mute...
    Could you post a savegame of it. Just zip or rar it and make it an attachment to a post?

These are the conditions to start his dialogue:
    !Dead("Driz2")  // Drizzt Do'Urden
    !Dead("Wulfg2") // Wulfgar
    InParty("Driz2") // Drizzt Do'Urden
    InParty("Wulfg2") // Wulfgar
    NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
    Global("RegTalk","GLOBAL",0)
    Dead("Tannar2") // Tanar'ri
    Dead("Tannar3") // Tanar'ri
    Dead("Errtu") // Errtu
    Means that Drizzt and Wulfgar are in the party and none of them is dead. You have not talked to Regis before and the three Tanaari are dead. (There are other variations if only Drizzt is in party, but this appears to be what is your case from the description you gave.)

There is a possibility that either Drizzt or Wulfgar have died and were resurrected but the game has missed it.
    You can check this with
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadDriz2","Global")
    C:GetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadWulfg2","Global")
    In this case both must be 0 or not exist.
  • The Wulfar's Global is at 1,indeed. But I don't how to change it. Where should I change it ?. In the Baldur.lua folder?
    Morever, I ve none knowledge where I may find what you asked me about the savegame.

• *I don't know
  • Mojoo said:
    *I don't know
    Set the Wulfgar global to 0
    with console
    C:SetGlobal("Sprite_is_DeadWulfg2","Global",1)
  • Once again thank you very much for your patience. It worked !