Unable to install EET

I've been trying to install EET using the EE Mod Setup Tool for days and without any luck.
I'm running on Windows 7 pro x86 and have BG1 and BG2 plus extensions in Steam versions. Both games have been copied in a folder with the following path C:\Games. No mod installed. All games have a save.

I just want to install EET for now. The tool seems able to extract all files but when it comes to install EET, it stops and the only option is to exit.
I've attached the log as it is qite long.

Thanks in advance to anybody able to solve my problem.


Comments

  • Files are missing...
    It looks like EET itself was not downloaded completely. Check in the BG2EE directory that you have a folder EET/other/cpmvars/ with a file named eet_cpmvars.tpa.

    If missing, download the EET mod from here https://github.com/K4thos/EET/archive/v1.0RC12.2.zip
    Extract it to somewhere on your PC because the mod is in an extra wrapper. Then copy everything that is INSIDE the folder EET-1.0RC12.2 (not the folder itself) to the BG2EE directory.
    Then try again.

  • Thanks for your quick reply. 
    I've checked and I don't even have a folder named "other". I'll try your soluce and will let you know if it works.
  • Didn't work. Log attached.
  • edited July 29
    You have windows 7 still, EET (and some other mods) do no longer support some versions of this.

    You can however try this:
    - Go to BG2EE/EET/bin/win32/x86_64
    - Inside is a file weidu.exe.
    - Copy it and rename the copy to setup-EET.exe Make another copy and name it setup-EET_end.exe.
    - Put both files into BG2EE (directly into the main directory where the other setup.exe files are)
    - Start setup-EET.exe

    In case you still get this
    ERROR: Failure("Uninitialised return value: SYSTEM_ARCH")
    then your operating system is no longer supported, sorry.

  • As few days ago happened one forum member was having problem with install (he did just one thing in start wrongly which lead to confusion later, but we resolved that). I provied simply explained steps from clean and fresh install in that thread, so you can take a look: 

    https://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/1005/need-help-with-installation-errors/p1

    However, I don't know does fact that you have games from Steam, but not from BeamDog have any difference, Roxanne would know that.

    You may also take a look at some of my posts in this thread:

    https://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/1018/strange-tool-error#latest



    Roxanne, I'm on Windows 7 all time, and installed EET many times without problem (just problem I desctibed in second link I provided, but starting few times of Install Tool. which I every time unziped as fresh, until it happen to get all mods, proven to work fine for me).


    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • Looking at log, I thing same happened to me sometimes.

    But simply by repeating all install I manage to get installation properly. Delete Install Tool, delete games - but you have to have copies of both games in different directory anyway - so unzip Install Tool again, and copy games again from directory where you keep them (explained in details in first provided link).
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • Ammanda said:
    Looking at log, I thing same happened to me sometimes.

    But simply by repeating all install I manage to get installation properly. Delete Install Tool, delete games - but you have to have copies of both games in different directory anyway - so unzip Install Tool again, and copy games again from directory where you keep them (explained in details in first provided link).
    Install Tool at the start of the installation tries to determine which OS you use, windows 7 64bit is no problem as far as I know. 32bit can be a problem, there are different SP(?), it may or may not work. Also there is a point of where specific users may have obtained the old windows...

  • The option given by Roxane didn't work and I got an error message asking to check the system's version (x86 or x64). So it seems that the issue is related to the Windows system.
    That's bad luck  :(

  • Janbaru said:
    The option given by Roxane didn't work and I got an error message asking to check the system's version (x86 or x64). So it seems that the issue is related to the Windows system.
    That's bad luck  :(

    EET is one of a few mods that have issues with older windows. The majority of mods would still work on your system.
    You should be able to install most mods on the two different games though.
  • I know. But all areas on a single map seems quite interesting.
  • Janbaru said:
    I know. But all areas on a single map seems quite interesting.
    here is more on the subject. I can only quote other people's experience here and have no way to test any of it, my system is 64bit windows 10.

  • So, did I understand well, you have Windows 7 32bit? 
    x64 is 64bit
    x86 is 32bit

    And, as I understand Roxanne, that should be core of problem here.

    Why you do not try Win7 64 bit install? Or Win10.


    Roxanne, what you mean by SP? Service pack? If you mean that, I have Win7 64bit Ultimate Service pack 1. With Convenience Rollup installed. And I can always make EET install (only what happen you already know, it can happen I stop install after mods downloads are done, and repeat it immidiately, if some mods do not want to be recognised as downloaded/provided).
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • Ammanda said:
    So, did I understand well, you have Windows 7 32bit? 
    x64 is 64bit
    x86 is 32bit

    And, as I understand Roxanne, that should be core of problem here.

    Why you do not try Win7 64 bit install? Or Win10.


    Roxanne, what you mean by SP? Service pack? If you mean that, I have Win7 64bit Ultimate Service pack 1. With Convenience Rollup installed. And I can always make EET install (only what happen you already know, it can happen I stop install after mods downloads are done, and repeat it immidiately, if some mods do not want to be recognised as downloaded/provided).
    Do not ask me, I am just the messenger not the windows system expert. I can only share what others reported.

  • edited July 30
    I've checked and I can switch to a 64 bits version. However, considering how old my pc is, I'm wondering if it worth the trouble :*
  • Janbaru said:
    I've checked and I can switch to a 64 bits version. However, considering how old my pc is, I'm wondering if it worth the trouble :*
    I am no computer expert and I would not upgrade just for the sake of a game. However, my general impression is that more and more applications expect 64bit nowadays, so it might be worth it for overall better use.

  • Janbaru said:
    I've checked and I can switch to a 64 bits version. However, considering how old my pc is, I'm wondering if it worth the trouble :*


    I'm also not professional regards that, but I have some amount of education and expirience.

    From my expirience with 32bit and 64bit, I'm not aware one moment that 32bit have to be "faster" in any way. It is actually opposite, sa 64bit handles RAM different and better way, and is not limited to 4GB as 32bit version is (that doesn't mean that you have to stick to 32bit if you have 4GB or less).
    Every switch from 32 to 64 resulted in better performing, based on my expirience, even on old Intel Atom CPUs.
    Now, is there possibility that some extreme old CPU would have some specific problem for running 64bit, I do not know.

    It would be best if you state your PC specs to me (I have limited expirience with super old CPUs, and older AMD CPUs, but depending on which hardware you have there is chance I would be able to give proper advice is swith to 64bit going to be problem-free).


    One advice regarding Windows reinstall (now this has nothing with game), it is generally useful to have fresh install from time to time anyway, which result in small refresh of performance, especially visibly on older PC. While doing such things, always take care to back up your files to some other drive, of course.

    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • edited July 30
    Thanks to you both for your inputs. I'll think about it.

    Regarding my laptop, I've checked its system properties and it is said that it's compatible to a Windows 64 bits.
    However, I don't know if such upgrade would be for free.

    Edit: Seems that upgrading to Windows 10 for free is still possible. 
  • Best you check with someone in your country who is familiar with such kind of job, I'm not best person to give advise in this case as I always get almost everything (including any Win install) from piracy sources (cool thing is that in my country does not exist any law about that), so I have prepared Win installations in usb flash drives. I have 0 idea what need to be done to get Windows "properly".

    If you can upgrade to Win10 for free, why not. From my expirience, Win10 doesn't seem to be more demanding compared to Win7.

    Install Tool also mention disabling UAC (as recommended) if you are using Win7. For some other reasons, I had always set UAC to disabled on my Win7, so I do not know would Install Tool have problem on Win7 with UAC not disabled.
    If you need to disable it but do not know how, let me know and I will explain (it is complete simply, just few clicks).
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • Thanks for your help. 
    I know how to disable the UAC. I actually do the same as you do as the UAC creates more troubles than it solves.

  • Quick update: I've done the migration to Windows 10 - 64 bits. Once I've re-installed everything, I'll give it another try.
  • Nice. Also pay attention to scroll back in this thread and find links I provided (this forum links). There is explained in simple details to avoid potential any confusion or mistakes.

    Use all fresh install of BG2EE and SoD, and download Install Tool from this site.

    Hope everything goes well for your install. Report if you need anything further.
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
  • Just a quick question: regarding mods for BG1 and the use of the EE Mod Setup Tool, do I need to install them before or after EET? Because I've read that it is better to install them before but I read somewhere else (here probably) that it can be done after EET because the tool may not recognize some them them.
  • If using the installer, it sets the order automatically so mods needing to be installs on BG1 are installed there.
  • Janbaru said:
    Just a quick question: regarding mods for BG1 and the use of the EE Mod Setup Tool, do I need to install them before or after EET? Because I've read that it is better to install them before but I read somewhere else (here probably) that it can be done after EET because the tool may not recognize some them them.


    Install Tool should handle all of that automatically. You just have to select all mods/componets you want to have in game.

    You probably read somewhere else that you need to know install order, but that is case if you are doing all manually. With Install Tool you do not need to worry about that.
    Butt-kicking for goodness!
Sign In or Register to comment.